Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2015, 19:37   #1

Boat: Leopard 50 Catamaran
Samana to Cap Cana DR

Hi All

My boat is in Samana and we are heading to Cap Cana Marina November 20th. Van Sants book deals with this leg in conjunction with the Mona but not direct run to Cap Cana. Any advice on staging in eastern Samana bay and wind speed no go recommendation. We are In a leopard 48

And next part....any day trip anchorages around cap Cana. I know it's open ocean right outside the marina but there are local snorkel boats and I am wondering where they go?

Randy
S/V Happy Together
happytogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 21:27   #2

Boat: Grand Banks 49
Re: Samana to Cap Cana DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytogether View Post
Hi All

My boat is in Samana and we are heading to Cap Cana Marina November 20th. Van Sants book deals with this leg in conjunction with the Mona but not direct run to Cap Cana. Any advice on staging in eastern Samana bay and wind speed no go recommendation. We are In a leopard 48

And next part....any day trip anchorages around cap Cana. I know it's open ocean right outside the marina but there are local snorkel boats and I am wondering where they go?

Randy
S/V Happy Together
===

My advice would be to leave Samana in the afternoon, stay about half a mile off shore once past the shallows on the south side, do most the run at night, and arrive at Cap Cana after sunrise. The entrance to the marina is relatively easy and well marked but I'd want to do it in daylight.

There are reefs along the coast where the dive boats go but no real overnight anchorages that I'm aware of. The marina and resort at Cap Cana is very nice with lots of choices for restaurants, things to do, etc.
wayne.b is offline   Reply With Quote