Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2021, 08:02   #1

Safe and payable dock or yard to leave boat for 3 months in the Carribean

Hi all!

We'll be crossing the Atlantic Ocean East to West soon. I'm trying to figure out on which Island to aim. After our arrival, we'll have to leave the boat for approx. 3 months from January 5th till +-/ April 1st. I'm open to following suggestions: SECURE mooring, a safe dock/marina or a shipyard with decent (metal) cradles.

I'm looking for the most economical (but safe!) solution. Preferably max. 350 USD / month. This would be a normal price in Europe. Please let me know if I'm being naive to expect this in the Carribean ? Length of the boat is 40 ft (mono). I'm willing to pay more for a place with cheaper connection flights to Europe!

Covid is in the back of my mind though... IF we can't make it back in time before Hurricane season, then the boat should be relatively safe... That rules out the Northern Islands in my opinion ?

Our plans are to cruise the Windward + Leeward islands in April / May, then head twds Curacao for Hurricane season.

Thanks all !
Safc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 17:27   #2

Boat: Westerly Fulmar 32
Re: Safe and payable dock or yard to leave boat for 3 months in the Carribean

I used the yard on Green Turtle Cay… AYS or Abaco Yacht Services economical, safe, friendly… and the island is a blast… enjoy

Regards Steven
Steven UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 18:00   #3

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Safe and payable dock or yard to leave boat for 3 months in the Carribean

Horizon Yacht Charters in Grenada used to rent out very safe moorings in True Blue Bay during the non-hurricane season. They use them during hurricane season for their own boats. The price was in your range. They also do guardianage. You might check with them.
SundayMorning is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rib, dock, boat, Carribean