Rick and Jon,
Thank you for your comments! It's looking like there should be a nice weather
window, with that low passing late-Mon, leaving 15-18kt NE for Tuesday. The WX predictions are a bit confusing for Weds as, the mouth of Cape May says 12kt NE, and five miles inside the Delaware, it indicates 15kt NW. So we'll see!
If the it gets snobby 35mi up the river, is there anywhere to pull in with decent protection? We're in a full-keel Morris, though she has a centerboard
and draws 3'6" with it up (Able 32, actually.) Again, I don't see any damn lights! I'm too spoiled by Florida's amusement park lateral system!
I know I don't trust someone just because they have a USCG license
. I've taken those tests and it's scary how little one has to know! Plus, tall ship sailing is a bit different - standing on the quarter and keeping your watch safe, following the captain's plans is far from deciding which unlit channel to take!
Anyway, maybe we can come down over spring break. If not, next summer? I have masters auditions in Jan/Feb, and my last semester of undergrad in spring!
Give my love to Nellie, and keep cool. I know I will be!