Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2010, 14:24   #1

New to the Keys

I got down to Key Largo yesterday from Maryland and I'm thoroughly enjoying the weather and lack of 3' of snow on the ground. I'm staying on a 30' O'day called Hideaway that is owned by another member of this board. I'm currently working on the electrical system but I have some more pressing matters.

The anchor rode is in extremely poor condition and needs to be replaced immediately. The issue is that the boat will not start since the electrical system is dead. My current plan is to get a minimum of 50' rode and attach it to the anchor that is currently down there without bringing the anchor up. Where is the best place to buy equipment in the Key Largo area? I try to stay away from West Marine since they usually charge twice as much as something is worth.

I could also use a little help determining the condition of the boat, what is useable and what needs to be replaced. If anyone is in the area and doesn't mind helping out a bit please let me know. The boat is currently on anchor at the mouth of Jewfish Creek and I plan to keep it there unless someone can suggest a better location. The local marina charges $150/mo to use their dinghy dock which includes parking, showers, ect...

I'm also in the market for a dinghy with a motor. Doesn't have to be anything special, looking for reliable and stable. I herd there is a flea market going on this weekend that I plan to check out.
joburnet is offline   Reply With Quote