Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 17:03   #1

Marathon to Mangrove Cay, Andros, Bahamas

Looking to see if anyone knows a good route from the Florida Keys to Eastern central Andros. I own a 24' Boston Whaler w/ twin 150 4-strokes, and my primary concern is gas. I am thinking that I'll need to jump off Key Largo to Bimini, then down East side of Andros to Mangrove Cay. I have about 200 mile fuel cap, so going straight from Marathon to the Bight on Andros is out of the question. Is there fuel in South Bimini/ Cat Cays (N or S)? What about fuel on the E coast of Andros? Input greatly appreciated! Planning May '10, obviously weather permitting! One other thing..I have been from Lake Worth to Green Turtle Abaco 3 times before, but never to Bimini/ Andros. Thanks-
Bert
Bertinmarathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 20:46   #2

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Get the Explorer Charts for the Bahamas - the book version - and you will find your definitive answers and the necessary navigation information to safely make your way to your destination. You only need the one (there are 3) book that covers the Andros region. Cat Cay Cay is private resort but has fuel and clearance. Bimini has both. Morgans Bluff on the north end of Andros has both. For the south eastern side of Andros, consult the Explorer Charts books.
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas