Does anyone have experience with last minute charters? I am looking to charter
(36' or so, for two people) from March 26 to April 2. The prices quoted by Sunsail and Moorings for those dates are all full rate, high season. But I have been told by some that if you wait until 16 days prior, that some companies will give up to a 50% discount.
I realize that it is a gamble, but I am flexible on the boat
, and I can't imagine that every boat on St Martin
would be booked for that week. I will also be on the island for two weeks prior to that date, and I'm thinking it should be possible to find a boat at a discount. Has anyone else done this.
(please don't tell me to fly to the BVI
, my schedule is already set).