Cruisers Forum

View Poll Results: good idea or not?
good 2 33.33%
bad 0 0%
why not just try its affordable anyway 4 66.67%
cant help with that 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-09-2008, 07:33   #16

Key Lime Sailing Club

Hello, do you have any pics of the Key Lime Sailing Club? Planning on family vacation with 3 boys in March.
Thanks,
mlbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 09:17   #17

My wife and I spent a week there this past June. Try to get the fixed keel Catalina 22. It's by far the best they have. The sailing area is shallow so watch your chart and be sure you know where you're at, at all times. We stayed in the "Sailfish". It's the closest to teh water and has a nice covered area facing the bay. They are funky, but the water is nice. Tell Paul, the owner, to replace the bilnds in the "Sailfish" with a curtain. we did we we left, but who knows.

Cape Dory 25D Seraph
rtbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 10:31   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texto View Post
I never sailed before but I am really interested to learn, this Key Lime Sailing Club sounds like fun, do they offer good sailing lessons?
Hey TEXTO.. Key Lime sailing club now offer's sailing lesson.. they have new website where we found in google for my parents Christmas vacation.. the new website is The Florida Get Away-Sailing ,family ,snorkeling Kayaking Vacation
SailingBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 10:51   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbaker View Post
Hello, we are planning a trip to the Key Lime Sailing Club with 3 boys for March 2009. Can you tell me how was your vacation in July? Do you have anything to share. My husband and two older sons are sailors and the 6 year old and I will be some time on the boat, but not all seven days.

Thanks,
All I can say is we are definitely coming back anad already booked our Christmas vacation with my parents and in-laws.. this place for me is just perfect but if you are looking for fancy and luxurios place this is not for you... this place is actually for beach lover who loves water adventures.. guest and the host are all friendly and helpful..everyday is full of fun and you can never get enough of its adventure.. try and kayak tru the mangrove you will like it...your kids will like the snorkeling and sswimming part in the dock area.. got lots of tropical fish and who knows swimming with the manatee...see for yourself...
SailingBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 17:31   #20

Boat: Grampian 30
Re: Key Lime Sailing Club??

We just returned from key lime sailing club. It was an incredible adventure. Very delightful staff and very unique decorations- art deco meets 50s Florida. If you like the Hilton and heated towels, probably not the place for you. The boats are minimalist, no electric amything, no windex, just wind on your face, dolphins continuously bothering you, manatees attacking your kayaks -- pure delight!
We will return year after year. Either you love it or you absolutely hate it.
rveldman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 17:38   #21

Boat: Grampian 30
Re: Key Lime Sailing Club??

We had a swing keel, and loved it for the islands. Leave it down a foot and glide into the beach till you ground. Then drop anchor and walk to beach. The fixed keel guys were all wishing they had opted for the swing keel!
rveldman1 is offline   Reply With Quote