Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 17:53   #271
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: In Prison in St Lucia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I think he is saying that you have already "hung" this guy without knowing all the facts..He thinks you are biased and that you have judged a book by its cover ...I think, he thinks that you walked into the court room with a verdict of guilty just from his looks and some comments from CF...I think thats what he is saying..
Just because folks from the internet don't spout the same views publically in person when in a courtroom doesn't mean they don't actually hold exactly the same views when sitting on Juries .....and possibly some even tone down their views on the Internet .
Old 02-01-2013, 18:37   #272
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Just because folks from the internet don't spout the same views publically in person when in a courtroom doesn't mean they don't actually hold exactly the same views when sitting on Juries .....and possibly some even tone down their views on the Internet .
I was on jury duty once and the fellow on trial was a minority fellow and the, '3 stricks and your out 'provison applied to this fellow,one of the potental jurors was called up and said he wanted nothing to do with "civic duty"... The judge said that it wasnt an excuse,the fellow stood their for a while and then said "I dont like minority folks", he said that he "did like crack"! The judge told him to sit down... He was there for four more days and then was told he wouldnt be needed...Another person(a minority),a nurse told the judge that she was taking care of a lady that really needed her,the judge excused her,you could cut the air around that bigot with a knife!...
Old 02-01-2013, 19:01   #273

Quote:
I was on jury duty once and the fellow on trial was a minority fellow and the, '3 stricks and your out 'provison applied to this fellow,one of the potental jurors was called up and said he wanted nothing to do with "civic duty"... The judge said that it wasnt an excuse,the fellow stood their for a while and then said "I dont like minority folks", he said that he "did like crack"! The judge told him to sit down... He was there for four more days and then was told he wouldnt be needed...Another person(a minority),a nurse told the judge that she was taking care of a lady that really needed her,the judge excused her,you could cut the air around that bigot with a knife!...
DONT OFFEND THE JUDGE OR YOU WILL BE ON THE JURY. reminds me of a case back in the 90s on paradise island, bahamas. the lawyer claimed the DNA Evidence was planted and the accused man walked free from 2 murder/rape charges.well i suppose it should read rape/murder charges. anyhow both victims families were outraged but police corruption was considered the norm same as the OJ case and the planting of evidence. However it sounds to me like the accused in ST.LUCIA killed a robber that is family of the cops. Very sad and had to prevent.No money for lawyer in St. Lucia means bye-bye and to jail you go. DFS {dead fckn serious} always keep a legal fund elsewhere to pad OFF these corrupt cops.And usually once the case goes to press the cops can not get padded. Lift anchor and BUZZ off.I dont claim any great experiance but have witnessed some deeds done dirt cheap. cheers
Old 03-01-2013, 04:47   #274
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
That just goes to show that some (?!) potential Jury Members are not very bright! - IMO a bit of subtly would have got the desired result. "I have no problem with black people - as I do understand that they think and act differently than "us" and therefore I have no problem with making allowances for things that they simply cannot help doing".....said in a helpful way .
Old 03-01-2013, 05:02   #275
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
However it sounds to me like the accused in ST.LUCIA killed a robber
Killing someone will land you with a day ( or two) in court virtually in any jurisdiction,

Dave
Old 03-01-2013, 05:25   #276
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomend View Post
And usually once the case goes to press the cops can not get padded. Lift anchor and BUZZ off.I dont claim any great experiance but have witnessed some deeds done dirt cheap. cheers
Basic rule is to get your bung in as early as possible - the earlier the cheaper. Once something actually gets into the system then harder and more expensive to extricate oneself from (more people involved), if even possible........gotta remember that a foreign scalp now and again is an easy way to demonstrate both how efficient a person / dept / system is - as well as not being corrupt!

Once things go firmly into a system will likely be as much about connections as it is about cash - even if also requires the latter! Of course if you already have those sort of connections then likely you won't be in the system in the first place . and they cost to acquire at short notice, and not simple to find good ones - as will be plenty of "rainmakers" around willing to sell the desperate a solution, who you gonna complain to about a bung that didn't work?!).

Of course not always clear that something is fixable with a bung (and no point in handing out cash willy nilly!) and some folks will get offended (remember even if usual practice it is still a(nother) crime!)....start by asking about whether can pay a fine "to save paperwork" and just see where the conversation goes from there........

....oh, and just because someone speaks the same lingo as you don't make them automatically your freind when a sniff of money is around - and that includes folks with same passport as you.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:50   #277
cruiser

After watching the guy's video, I'm positive that Law Enforcement has had their eye on him for some time just waiting for a reason, and now, he's given them one. From his appearance (somewhere between Waterworld and Pirate ship), it's very understanding. I really can't figure out why his situation is being discussed on this cruiser's forum... there's no way this guy is a typical cruiser.

Protinus bateau exceptionnel - YouTube
Old 03-01-2013, 06:05   #278

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
I really can't figure out why his situation is being discussed on this cruiser's forum... there's no way this guy is a typical cruiser.

Protinus bateau exceptionnel - YouTube
A lot of people on this forum seem to have nothing better to do, don't take away there fun.
Old 03-01-2013, 14:12   #279

Boat: Nautitech 442, 44 ft

I got some comments from local sources in St Lucia, stating very different versions from what has been given above.
It is not the right place here to give way to rumors, and I won't give unverified details : so far the only reported information on this thread was what was alleged by Sommer's relatives and briefly by local authorities.
A trial (or whatever public procedure) on this case is planned to occur next January 18th. I think it is better to retain from speculation until this day, it is very likely that new facts will be exposed.
Old 03-01-2013, 14:24   #280

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teles View Post
I got some comments from local sources in St Lucia, stating very different versions from what has been given above.
It is not the right place here to give way to rumors, and I won't give unverified details : so far the only reported information on this thread was what was alleged by Sommer's relatives and briefly by local authorities.
A trial (or whatever public procedure) on this case is planned to occur next January 18th. I think it is better to retain from speculation until this day, it is very likely that new facts will be exposed.
That is what this thread (and oh-so-many others) is all about.

That is what is expert around here.

Old 03-01-2013, 14:32   #281

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateral View Post
We haven't condemmed the man. We simply made an observation and left the conclusion open. If you don't think your appearance affects the way you are treated then you live in another world.
AGREED.
Old 03-01-2013, 14:40   #282
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Say what?

You post that you have information that hasn't been posted here, but you aren't going to tell us! Are you trying to f**k with us or are you sworn to secretly as a witness or something?
Old 03-01-2013, 14:42   #283

Boat: Cal 2-27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
Say what?

You post that you have information that hasn't been posted here, but you aren't going to tell us! Are you trying to f**k with us or are you sworn to secretly as a witness or something?
I too thought the same

...stated that there was contrary information, but he wont tell what.....lol
Old 03-01-2013, 14:53   #284

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat

Quote:
Come on spill the beans man! What could it hurt? The outcome of this trial will be decided in court-if it hasn't already been decided behind the scenes.
Old 03-01-2013, 14:56   #285

Boat: Lagoon 440

I'm confused which are the rumours, the stuff on here or this new secret stuff?

Dispel away, it will be interesting......