Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22   #256
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: In Prison in St Lucia

Sounds like a 'Get Together Session' gone bad...
and a lady involved to boot... easily achived in this lifestyle for quite a few of us..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11   #257
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: In Prison in St Lucia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Thanks.

“... Lucas Francois died as a result of asphyxia consistent to a drowning and multiple blunt force traumas ...”

NEWS ITEM

HTS Channel 4: St Lucia News, Online News, Breaking News, Sports News, Live Radio

A French national has been charged in the drowning death of a local beach vendor

look how out of date any of the info for this event is, the court date was suppose to be June 2012 in the above links

I keep checking this thread to see if there is any info or a full story. There isn't and it is amazing the level of "discussion".

Another couple of pages of post and this will become a cruiser urban legend.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:40   #258

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post
That's a new take on death in custody.

In Oz a death in custody causes all sorts of hassel for the Police. Turn it around and take the heat away.
Exactly right. I do have some xperience with foreign police activities and while most of the authorities are clean upstanding representitives of their nation there is no way a cop in the Caribbean will take the fall for a suspect in custody expiring. Frankly, blame the white guy... It's easiest and by the time you get to trial you have moved on from your post, evidence is lost of misplaced, and life goes on.

Rule number 1... Never ever involve the authorities if you can help it. The locals only do when they are 100% sure it will go in heir favor so why should you Ben any different?
Rule number 2... " not sure what your are inferring but I was asleep on my boat last night." Holy batman!! Are to saying this guy tried to rob me?

And what the heck.. The guy admitted robbing a boat? There is more to this story that we have not heard yet.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:50   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Have you ever been outside USA?

Certainly not to the Caribbean or St Lucia.

People in St Lucia by GDP earn $12,600 each per year, the USA it's $48,000 per capita PA GDP. It may only be a third but its about the same as Chile or Hungary.
Now, a Thrid World country may not even earn $1,000 per year, many only half that.

So can you please stop thinking St Lucia is some impoverished Afghanistan!
GDP per capita (current US$) | Data | Table
Seriously... My wife and I are here in Tanzania right now.... THIS is an impoverished nation. $354 USD per capita. Also... Police are "for real" corrupt here. St Lucia? My wife could hop a flight for the weekend to come visit me in prison during lunch hour. He's lucky to be in St. Lucia.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:32   #260

Boat: Skookum 53'

As usual, limited information, and very strong opionons on the subject. How could anyone get the impression that they would be prejudged here?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:38   #261

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
Exactly right. I do have some xperience with foreign police activities and while most of the authorities are clean upstanding representitives of their nation there is no way a cop in the Caribbean will take the fall for a suspect in custody expiring. Frankly, blame the white guy... It's easiest and by the time you get to trial you have moved on from your post, evidence is lost of misplaced, and life goes on.

Rule number 1... Never ever involve the authorities if you can help it. The locals only do when they are 100% sure it will go in heir favor so why should you Ben any different?
Rule number 2... " not sure what your are inferring but I was asleep on my boat last night." Holy batman!! Are to saying this guy tried to rob me?

And what the heck.. The guy admitted robbing a boat? There is more to this story that we have not heard yet.
zboss,

Please post a photo so that every respectable juror selector can eliminate you before you get to the door.

I've never read such tripe in my life.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:33   #262
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Just saw the video of the guy’s boat and despite the sad look of his craft, I have a fairly good idea about his minimum operating costs.
Pretty sure he has been on the DEA radar for some time and this death is part of another investigation where they are following the money and his contacts.

Probably why things are taking some time and this does not make him guilty.
Personally, I don’t consider this guy as part of our cruiser’s fraternity for us to be involved in.
Interesting, but just some guy running a tramper and living in the fringes.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:33   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Stocking View Post
zboss,

Please post a photo so that every respectable juror selector can eliminate you before you get to the door.

I've never read such tripe in my life.
You have said exactly nothing... please enlighten us. What do you disagree about? Honest cops? Dishonest cops? Avoiding legal entanglement? What exactly? I'm waiting with anticipation.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:54   #264
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

The incident in St Lucia occurred at 4:30pm. Not at night like was earlier suggested.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 02-01-2013, 11:46   #265

Boat: Nautitech 442, 44 ft

I read all the previous posts with a great interest. Whatever the true facts are, the discussion is very rich and informative, although my English is not subtle enough to understand all jokes and understatements !
I should have soon very interesting additional information about the case. I come back as soon as possible.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30   #266
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
You have said exactly nothing... please enlighten us. What do you disagree about? Honest cops? Dishonest cops? Avoiding legal entanglement? What exactly? I'm waiting with anticipation.
I think he is saying that you have already "hung" this guy without knowing all the facts..He thinks you are biased and that you have judged a book by its cover ...I think, he thinks that you walked into the court room with a verdict of guilty just from his looks and some comments from CF...I think thats what he is saying..
Old 02-01-2013, 13:19   #267

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I think he is saying that you have already "hung" this guy without knowing all the facts..He thinks you are biased and that you have judged a book by its cover ...I think, he thinks that you walked into the court room with a verdict of guilty just from his looks and some comments from CF...I think thats what he is saying..
What zboss was suggesting was that it is possible that the local police were trying to make life easy for themselves. Speculation but a possibility. Has happened in past even in Australia so possible in St Lucia.

Regardless its speculation like most posts until we get facts. As a cruiser just don't get on the wrong side of the locals particually the police.
Old 02-01-2013, 13:42   #268
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
On second thought,I think he is saying that you are representing, everything that a" non -partial -juror "should be representing ,yea I think this is what he is saying...
Old 02-01-2013, 14:58   #269

Boat: Lagoon 440

Most incredible 'Host a Murder' game iv'e observed, now what implement caused the blunt force wounds? A 'belaying pin' on the foredeck?...........
Old 02-01-2013, 16:53   #270
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
On second thought,I think he is saying that you are representing, everything that a" non -partial -juror "should be representing ,yea I think this is what he is saying...
Should not be representing...
Closed Thread