Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2009, 07:39   #16

Boat: Hunter 42 Passage
Send a message via Skype™ to Panamajames
I spent a month in Cartagena 2 different times. All I can say is that I went for a week both times and ended up staying a month. I love that city. Just love it. No experience there with boat though. I am planning to stay there on my boat for a couple of months.. Wonderful place. I feel very safe there too.
Old 20-09-2009, 07:43   #17

Boat: Hunter 42 Passage
Send a message via Skype™ to Panamajames
10 years ago I went to Trinidad with my boat at Peakes Marina. Nice people but I feel more comfortable in Colombia.. I heard boat services are great in Cartagena. Had a crown and root canal and peridontal surgery from a excellent first class dentist.. $600.00 great price. Dentist speaks english also.. He had a picture of him and Miss Colombia on his wall in his office. She is a patient of his.
Old 20-09-2009, 10:32   #18

Boat: Yorktown 35
If you need to get your bottom done soon, on the east side of Puerto Rico is the largest marina in the Caribbean - Puerto Del Rey - Marina Puerto del Rey
They can pull about anything out of the water less than 65 tons. they have a nice do-it yourself area as well as good technical people. a lot of people put their boat on the hard for long term storage there as well. I've not heard of any theft issues there.
i had a boat there for a year. Good service.
private email me if you wish to get more info. i'll do what I can to help you find it.
as far as supplies, there are several places here on island that sell good boating supplies. also have a West marine within a few miles of the marina.
Good Luck!
rdcleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 11:22   #19
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Hmmm... a large marina doesn't mean that the haul-out yard is any good, does it? Anyway, 65 ton maximum lifting is a joke, even Trini has 160 tons and even 200+ ton Travelifts.

cheers,
Nick.
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, haul out