Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-02-2022, 14:22   #61

Boat: 1955 G L Watson 40' Yawl
Re: DOG FRIENDLY FREE anchorages on the way to key West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madehn View Post
good luck to the original poster in his quest to cruise with his dog on a budget. dont give up dogs add to your life and are worth the small issues that they come with. -- those of you that offered your unsolicited opinions on his life choices need to go get your own life-- his boat- his choices as long as they don't infringe on others -he really shouldnt be having to justify his choices to you and really doesn't need to hear your opinions unless he asks for them- seems to me that he was going about it all in a fashion where he was trying his best to conform to all of the rules etc. The internet encourages the type of behavior where people self righteously give their unsolicited opinions because they know it is not possible for someone to reach over and slap them into next week. They would not dream of being that plain rude and impolite in person because they know they would not be tolerated. Nice thing about a boat- if you find yourself next to someone like this it is easy to pull anchor and move. not interested in debating with trolls -- this is just my opinion- feel free to ignore. Again fair winds and calm seas to you and your dogs- enjoy!
Good to know there are still some non-judgemental folks left out here on the water. Never have understood why some people feel the need to be so rude. When those guys show up where I am anchored I leave.
Sailing55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2022, 14:25   #62

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailing55 View Post
This is the second dog thread in which you have posted unhelpful meaningless unsolicited opinions.
You add nothing but unpleasant uncalled for rude observations. If you have nothing of substance to add, please go away. You have nothing to prove other than yourself.
This is what drives people away from this "forum".
You can cry about posts you don't like, but it doesn't really change anything....

I'm still not sure why anyone would want to torture a dog by sticking it into a small space with no place to exercise and no place to take a proper dog dump

Land as in woods, fields, and beach are best for dogs not boats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mitch 2016...1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	253579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mitch 2016.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	253580  

Name:	Fall2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	253581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fall.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	253582  

thomm225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2022, 14:39   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
You can cry about posts you don't like, but it doesn't really change anything....

I'm still not sure why anyone would want to torture a dog by sticking it into a small space with no place to exercise and no place to take a proper dog dump

Just out of curiosity what does a meaningless comment like this add?
I'm not crying, just trying to understand why some people put so much effort into creating conflict. If you can't add substance don't speak.
Just more blathering from someone that knows nothing about dogs.
Old 25-02-2022, 14:48   #64

Quote:
Good to know there are still some non-judgemental folks left out here on the water. Never have understood why some people feel the need to be so rude. When those guys show up where I am anchored I leave.
Just out of curiosity what does a meaningless comment like this add?

Has nothing to do with Dog Friendly Anchorages.
Old 25-02-2022, 14:53   #65

Location: On Vessel WINGS, wherever there's an ocean, currently in Mexico
Boat: Serendipity 43
Send a message via AIM to wingssail Send a message via Skype™ to wingssail

Quote:
This is the second dog thread in which you have posted unhelpful meaningless unsolicited opinions.
You add nothing but unpleasant uncalled for rude observations. If you have nothing of substance to add, please go away. You have nothing to prove other than yourself.
This is what drives people away from this "forum".
Sailing55, I'll add to you what I said to AT:

Tell me what I said that is rude. (hint, you cannot, I was not rude).

Tell me what I said which is meaningless. (hint, you cannot, my meanings were clear)

Neither one of you has been able to answer in a coherent way. My opinion was polite, pertained directly to the OP's query, and I am intitled to state it without your angry reaction.

Shrew has it right (below)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
...People are entitled to voice their opinion. Just because one person has an opinion doesn't mean that your personal opinion is being negated...
You and AT and some others just get angry when someone (myself) posts a view which threatens something you hold dear. But I have a right to do so, and you have a right to disagree. But is is silly and childish to characterize my comments in ways which are not true.
Old 25-02-2022, 15:02   #66
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:

One could say the same about the human boat owners who also need exercise? So when the humans go into exercise they take the dogs as well?
I’ve known many a dog that’s been able to take a dump on a boat. A proper dump………bye the way, what is a proper dump? Just asking so I can judge mine tomorrow morning. Gotta make sure I’m doing that up to CF members standards as well. [emoji4]
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2022, 15:17   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingssail View Post
Sailing55, I'll add to you what I said to AT:

Tell me what I said that is rude. (hint, you cannot, I was not rude).

Tell me what I said which is meaningless. (hint, you cannot, my meanings were clear)

Neither one of you has been able to answer in a coherent way. My opinion was polite, pertained directly to the OP's query, and I am intitled to state it without your angry reaction.

Shrew has it right (below)
You and AT and some others just get angry when someone (myself) posts a view which threatens something you hold dear. But I have a right to do so, and you have a right to disagree. But is is silly and childish to characterize my comments in ways which are not true.
Not angry at all...just cannot understand what motivates some people to voice "opinions" that are needless, uncalled for and rude. It adds nothing. And you put so much effort in trying to justify your "opinions"... believe me, your words hold no threat to anything I hold dear. As far as silly and childish, I have no problem being called that. I'm in my 70s and have no intention of growing up!
The only regret I have is being baited into meaningless discourse with you and your cronies.LOL
Try and be happy, you might like it!
You guys have a nice day
Old 25-02-2022, 15:22   #68

Boat: Cabo Rico 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingssail View Post
You know, when my fairly mild comments cause such strong reactions I know that I am hitting close to home.
Well, here's the feelings it stirred in this sailor - not sailing with dogs - when I start d reading this thread and got yo your original post.

I went "what the hell, which part of the question didn't you understand?"

So, at least for me, your response wasn't so innocent as you try to make it.

Ffs, if you don't have an answer that helps move the conversation forward, why participate?

And any way, hitting close to home?
What does that even mean?

Just let it go.

In general, I've enjoyed your post here, but on this one you're just a TROLL!

As I mentioned, I don't sail with dogs. But I did start reading this thread exactly because I'm interested to do so.
So, to the OP, thanks for asking the question
To the positive contributions that actually add to this, thank you.
To the knuckleheads that don't add anything - well, you add NOTHING.....
Afrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2022, 15:27   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
One could say the same about the human boat owners who also need exercise? So when the humans go into exercise they take the dogs as well?
I’ve known many a dog that’s been able to take a dump on a boat. A proper dump………bye the way, what is a proper dump? Just asking so I can judge mine tomorrow morning. Gotta make sure I’m doing that up to CF members standards as well. [emoji4]
The dogs I have lived with afloat have been (are) happy, well adjusted, love going ashore in the dinghy, and appreciate a "proper dump" especially if it is up to CF expert's high standards! As I mentioned before, I feel sorry for the dogs confined to a yard.
Old 25-02-2022, 15:35   #70
smj

Quote:
The dogs I have lived with afloat have been (are) happy, well adjusted, love going ashore in the dinghy, and appreciate a "proper dump" especially if it is up to CF expert's high standards! As I mentioned before, I feel sorry for the dogs confined to a yard.

I agree. Our 17 year old dog has lived on land for about 2 years and on the boat for 15. Guaranteed she enjoys the boat life more and is much more relaxed on the boat…..or so she tells us!
Old 25-02-2022, 16:09   #71

Quote:
I agree. Our 17 year old dog has lived on land for about 2 years and on the boat for 15. Guaranteed she enjoys the boat life more and is much more relaxed on the boat…..or so she tells us!
Come to think of it living aboard is "a dogs life"...beachcombing, exploring in the woods, seeing new sights, staring in amazement at seals and river otters dissapearing underwater, getting wet and dirty, spending every minute of life with your best friend, 3 hots and a (warm) cot. And there is plenty more...not to mention how spending time with my dogs has helped to to (at least try) be a better person. Tomorrow never comes, all we really have is this moment.
Old 25-02-2022, 16:52   #72

Quote:
Proper dog dump equals the release then the spin out with the back paws on the grass.....

Normal dog Dump....

Mitchell says "why doesn't he know this if he is a dog owner And did you see me get this tennis ball? Pretty cool!"

"and this stick?"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mitch Va Beach.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	253587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mitch 2016.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	253589  

Old 26-02-2022, 03:49   #73

Quote:
Proper dog dump equals the release then the spin out with the back paws on the grass.....

Normal dog Dump....

Mitchell says "why doesn't he know this if he is a dog owner And did you see me get this tennis ball? Pretty cool!"

"and this stick?"
My current dog doesn’t do that ever. 🤷*♀️ Dogs are different just like people. Some will enjoy boat life, some won’t. Assuming he didn’t get sea sick, mine would probably enjoy it. He doesn’t need a big house because he sleeps all day unless he’s offered a proper hike - hanging out in the backyard isn’t good enough. So a boat with a couple good walks a day with interesting new smells would be right up his alley.
PirateFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2022, 04:56   #74

And if there is some sort of an emergency onboard at sea sinking boat etc. I'm sure the complication of having a dog on board wouldn't cause any sort of confusion right?

Most folks that are considering cruising are thinking lift raft EPIRB or newer emergency alert system, ditch bag, etc, etc

I guess though if you are coastal "cruising" from marina to marina you can partially duplicate life on land
Old 26-02-2022, 05:02   #75
smj

Quote:
And if there is some sort of an emergency onboard at sea sinking boat etc. I'm sure the complication of having a dog on board wouldn't cause any sort of confusion right?

Most folks that are considering cruising are thinking lift raft EPIRB or newer emergency alert system, ditch bag, etc, etc

I guess though if you are coastal "cruising" from marina to marina you can partially duplicate life on land

There’s no doubt if my primary anchor was a CQR I would rethink having a pet onboard. Now that could definitely lead to confusion and a definite dangerous situation. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Tags
anchor, anchorages, key west