Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2017, 02:47   #1

Boat: PERRY 43 PASSAGEMAKER
pirate delivery skipper wanted

Buying a Lagoon 440 in Greece, need a delivery skipper to help me take the boat from Greece to Martinique anytime after October 2017, preferably on the ARC in November. I am a AMSA Master <35 metres offshore with 30 years experience on motor vessels up 100nm offshore and 2 years full time on a 54ft cruising ketch monohull all around Australia. Also crewed on 4 Sydney to Hobarts in the 70s, got seasick on the last one and was never asked to crew again. Have not crossed an ocean and no experience sailing a catamaran.

Need a rough idea of costs but be gentle it's my first time.

Cheers
Popeye46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:43   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: delivery skipper wanted

Your looking at the possibility of a rough passage from Greece to Gibraltar that time off year.. from mid to late September weather starts getting bad in the Med..
Depending on whether your looking at a quick delivery or a more leisurely trip, which the ARC would entail.. upto a couple of weeks in the Canaries setting up the boat to meet ARC requirements etc.. if your able to get her there in time.. I may be interested.
I normally work to a fixed price based on mileage plus expense's so.. while I do not push a boat and crew to and beyond their limits... I do not like to just sit around, as each day wasted reduces my income.
Should however you be prepared to pay an agreed rate for days in port after say 48hrs that are not delays due to weather related reasons I could be interested in the job.
Check out my site by clicking on the link in the picture below to view my experience and some of my deliveries over the last few years..
Best wishes..
Phil

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:04   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: delivery skipper wanted

i suggest you review entering into the arc if leaving greece at the end of october,that gives you aprox 17 days to motor/beat to windward nearly 3000 miles into~ 2m waves at least half of the way!
range under motor of the L440 is between 600-800nm so would need to motor at 8knots with about 4 fuel stops to get to gran canaria in that time frame,as favorable easterly winds are not to be expected for at least half the trip.
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delivery, skipper, wanted