Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2022, 20:24   #1

Customs/Covid in Grenadines coming from Grenada.

I am chartering a cat in Grenada. My understanding is that, even though I will be in Grenadines only one day or so (in Tobago Cays) I still need to sail to Union to check-in and do a covid test there to show in Grenada for return. In other works lose a half-day and about $300 for formalities and covid test for 6 people on board.

How strong is it enforced? What are my chances if I simply sneak into Tobago Cays and depart the next day back into Grenada?

How much is the penalty if I get caught there? Realistically...
Anjulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2022, 21:06   #2

Re: Customs/Covid in Grenadines coming from Grenada.

Respect the sovereignty of each of the nations as to immigration and customs entries. Sneaking into any country could land you in jail.

As of April 4th 2022, the Spice Isle of Grenada will no longer be imposing Covid-19 restrictions on travelers. This means that persons will not be required to take a negative PCR or antigen test prior to travel, fill the travel and health declaration form, be fully vaccinated or quarantine upon arrival.

Also, the mandatory wearing of masks will no longer be imposed from April 4th 2022. Notably, the covid-19 statistics of Grenada has shown significant improvement with a low positivity rate throughout the month of March.

As to the Grenadines Tobago Cays:

https://www.noonsite.com/place/st-vi...curity-section

Reference link at to St. Vincent Grenadines clearance by sea protocols:
https://svgarrivals.com/arriving-by-sea

Biosecurity:

With the continual change in protocols due to the pandemic, we outline the last-known situation below for yacht arrivals. Skippers should follow the recommended links in “resources” to confirm the latest protocols. Always check with your intended port of arrival before getting underway to be 100% certain of what is required. Please e-mail editor@noonsite.com if you find protocols have changed.

COVID-19: OPEN

Yachting Protocols:

March 2022

All fully-vaccinated arrivals from all countries, regardless of that country’s previously-assigned Risk Level, will now follow the same protocols on entry, as follows:

• Must arrive with a negative RT-PCR test result done no more than 72 hours or three days before arrival, OR, a negative result of a SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen test
done no more than twenty-four (24) hours before arrival;

• Will not be re-tested for Covid-19 on arrival unless otherwise determined by the Port Health Officer;

• Will not be subjected to mandatory quarantine for 48 hours, unless so determined by the Port Health Officer.

All yachts must complete Sail Clear www.sailclear.com before arrival.
Before departure from Port of Origin, send the following information to
svgarrivals@gmail.com
a) Pre – entry negative RT-PCR test results
b) Completed Sail Clear Arrival Declaration (www.sailclear.com)
c) Vaccine Certificates
d) Fourteen days travel history
e) Estimated time and location of yacht arrival.
Do not turn up in SVG without having received a reply from svgarrivals@gmail.com.
For the latest updated protocols for entry by yacht including approved mooring areas, protocols on arrival and rules for unvaccinated travelers, see http://health.gov.vc/health/index.ph...cols-documents and  https://svgarrivals.com/

Notes:

The POE’s currently accessible are Blue Lagoon, Wallilabou, Bequia, Union, Canouan and Port Kingstown.

If testing is required on arrival, tests are on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings. If arriving over the weekend you will have to remain on board in quarantine until your testing time at your designated mooring. Note that test results will take at least 48 hours – most likely longer, so be prepared for several days on board waiting.
Fees:
– Agency Fee: USD$75 per boat
– Test Fee: USD$60 per person
– Mooring Fee: USD$20 per night
Customs and Immigration fees may vary
Yachting visitors whose stay on the Islands is for more than 2 weeks can be administered vaccinations. There is no fee, but contributions are welcome. Take your passport to show the length of your visitors visa.
Resources:

http://health.gov.vc/health/
Yacht Arrivals: svgarrivals@gmail.com, https://svgarrivals.com
Coronavirus Task Force: coronavirustaskforcesvg@gmail.com or call 1 (784) 534-4325 (HEAL).

Customs Clearance and Cruising Permit:

A cruising permit for one month will be granted by customs or Port Department on clearing in if they are satisfied that the voyage is for cruising purposes only. This is renewable.

The following documents are needed upon arrival:

Three crew lists (not asked for in every clearance port)
Clearance from the previous port
Passports
Ship’s papers and documentation

These fees are applicable to all the Ports of Entry in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, whether you check in on the mainland or in one of the Islands.

Children under the age of 12 and Vincentian nationals are exempt from paying taxes.

Immigration: $37.50 XCD per person (per month). One additional month permitted, with payment.

Customs:

Cruising Permit/License (one month)

Up to 30 feet: $60 XCD
31-50 feet: $125 XCD
51 feet and over: $140 XCD
The permit is renewable after a month or you can pay more for longer.

Overtime fees for Customs are payable after 4pm and at weekends. Fees can be paid in Euros.

Last updated: October 2020

Charter Yachts:

Fees are payable by yachts that are chartering, and are not locally based, as follows:

For bareboat charters, up to 30 feet, a monthly licence of $100 XCD;
For 31-50 feet, $125 XCD per month;
For bareboats over 51 feet, $140 XCD per month.
For crewed charter yachts (not locally based), the licence fee is $5 XCD per foot per month or $30 XCD per foot per year.
Locally based charter yachts pay approximately half these licence fees.
Montanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2022, 16:52   #3

Boat: Lagoon 450F
Send a message via Skype™ to pelenter
Re: Customs/Covid in Grenadines coming from Grenada.

Hi,

I will be cruising from Fernando de Noronha (Brazil) to Grenada/Grenadines arriving mid December 2022.
I will leave my Lagoon 450 at the end of december for 1 or 2 month.

Need a port recommendation to leave the boat and a contact person who can watch and take care of the boat during my absence.

Any recommendation?

Many Thx!
pelenter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customs, Grenada