Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2016, 07:54   #1

Cuba Regulations and Ports of Entry

Hey cruisers,
I'm planning an adventure sailing trip for this May and am hoping those with relevant experience can help me as I do some research.

It's my understanding that with an approved CG3300 form, we're effectively good to go to Cuba. Does this cover any hiccups upon return to the US, or is it still best to visit another country prior to returning?

Regarding Ports of Entry, I'm finding conflicting information regarding Cayo Coco-Guillermo. Is this still a valid as a place of first arrival?

Finally, information I've found limits cruising destinations to only the official marinas. Has anyone transited between marinas and stopped along the way? Everything from abandoned beaches to resorts?

Thanks!
tburd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2016, 14:03   #2

Boat: PEARSON 422
Re: Cuba Regulations and Ports of Entry

It is my understanding that the CG3300 is only asking permission for the boat to go to Cuba. If you are a US citizen you also need permission granted from U.S. Department of Treasury(or maybe Department of State???) to travel to Cuba. Once YOU have permission then you can apply for permission for the BOAT(CG3300). I have been tracking the changes and trying to understand them but it is still a little confusing. Here are some links that may help.

Cuba —

Cuba

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-ce...a_faqs_new.pdf

Tags
Cuba, ports, regulations