Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-06-2011, 18:33   #136

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Re: Caribbean - Pirated Waters ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirissail View Post
Be careful of Pullord's links - one is a possible malware/scam link and the others don't work.
Hardly surprising... I doubt he's a human... just a poorly functioning word processor. But my antivirus can't seem to get rid of him

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
Old 28-06-2011, 19:05   #137

Boat: Pearson 281

Wow... much fun!

I hereby nominate Pullord for the Perpetual Charlie Sheen Couch Sailor Cup
Now Zeehag let this be a lesson in what might happen if you continue down the path of rebellious grammatical deviation!
Old 28-06-2011, 19:59   #138
cruiser

south california- pirated waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirissail View Post
Be careful of Pullord's links - one is a possible malware/scam link and the others don't work.
--check wikipedia-murder of thomas jackie hawks. This is what happens when your too cheap to use a broker or check a prospective buyers net worth. As for the links not working i got them off www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html and that link works as for the other links go heck them yourself.At least i dont scam the USA govt for a disability cheque to live in mexico. Go google the laws on that yourself. Charlie sheen is one actor i do admire even though he has had recent publicity problems but wait and see for yourself he will do another blockbuster movie and make more cash off one movie role than most save in a lifetime. Its hard to handle fame and fortune both of which most of us have never experianced.As for the poster looking for bear spray its easily found on the net but depending on where you mail it it might be seized as a prohibited weapon same as a stun-gun. Cheers
Old 29-06-2011, 03:40   #139
CLOD

Boat: none

well I haven't gained much new knowledge about priates in the Carrib lately reading this

but I've learned there really is a Charlie Sheen type illness
Old 29-06-2011, 04:23   #140

I think the bear spray is same as mace - sometimes illegal.
Wasp spray is similar container etc to bug-spray - probably never illegal.
Old 29-06-2011, 04:50   #141

Boat: CT 54

So wasp spray is different to bug spray?.....oh but I would so like some of that Big Bad Ass Bear spray.
Old 29-06-2011, 04:56   #142

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

I have given up trying to read any of PULLORD's postings in this thread. Are paragraphs too much to ask for????????
Old 29-06-2011, 05:13   #143

Boat: Pearson 323

I have been in Key West since January and there is somewhat of a problem with thievery and theft. But, it is mostly confined within areas where the so called live boards anchor. Most of these boats are questionable as to their seaworthiness and some are just down right derelicts. Most of the people who live on these boats do not even belong on the water. They have no seamanship skills or knowledge of boating other then it is a place to crash for the night.
I think most of the theft is sporadic even at that. I will say that the authorities do keep a close eye on these areas, though with the boats changing hands so often keeping track of those individuals who steal mostly for drug money isn't easy.
If sail the keys just get with the locals and stay out these areas and you will be fine. Even if you do anchor within these less desirable anchorages you will most likely be fine if you do not leave your boat for long periods of time.
Old 29-06-2011, 08:33   #144

Wasp spray has high velocity - for good reason. 27ft
And much healthier than lead.
Probably not much different than mace...
Old 29-06-2011, 09:24   #145
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i dont do punctuation or whatever as my6 typoing suxxxxx, but i do have a personality, which is seriously lacking in the unreadable paragraphing pullord posts--i cannot read that stuff.
would there be bear or waasp spray in a hunting or camping outfitters, such as REI?????
Old 29-06-2011, 09:56   #146

Boat: Pearson 281

Just messin' withya Zee REI or A16 in San Diego carries Bear Spray by Paul Mitchell. Won't be at the Big 5 chain style places usually. Gonna be an outdoors specialty shop. I saw a brief article in Lat38 about tazers that come in small colored cases like make-up compacts.
I do think the best strategy and the one I will gear up for with a loudspeaker and decklights is when in questionable areas to stay reasonably close to other boats/shore faiclities, bar the door and have a "panic button" that can be used from inside the boat to set off a lot of loud on-deck noise and flashing lights. Theives hate the attention don't they?
Do I trust myself if owning some sort of defensive "weapon" to be able to use it properly and not let it get taken and used against me? If I'm honest I'd say no. I know a couple of sailors who I've thought would be able to use a pistol (and carried them on board)or anything else but both them were big-time a#&holes sooo...

What do you sail on pullord?
Old 29-06-2011, 09:57   #147
cruiser

boat bum are the pirates/thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayallyn View Post
I have been in Key West since January and there is somewhat of a problem with thievery and theft. But, it is mostly confined within areas where the so called live boards anchor. Most of these boats are questionable as to their seaworthiness and some are just down right derelicts. Most of the people who live on these boats do not even belong on the water. They have no seamanship skills or knowledge of boating other then it is a place to crash for the night.
I think most of the theft is sporadic even at that. I will say that the authorities do keep a close eye on these areas, though with the boats changing hands so often keeping track of those individuals who steal mostly for drug money isn't easy.
If sail the keys just get with the locals and stay out these areas and you will be fine. Even if you do anchor within these less desirable anchorages you will most likely be fine if you do not leave your boat for long periods of time.
--Well said as i never wanted to offend anyone by typing what you imply. Reminds me of a recent case in the san blas islands area of panama where the guy was killing other boat owners to trade-up to a more expensive sailboat.HIS last victim was the owner of a cat listed for sale on yachtworld.com for 400k US. The owner was found by local fisherman tied to an anchor weeks later and his stolen cat was renamed and tied to a dock only a short distance away while the murderer/thief/boatbum drank in the local cantina using the victims cash and a previous victims credit cards. If i can easily find the link in my harddrive memory i will post it as the unwary should allways be careful of the bum that covets your ride. Cheers
Old 29-06-2011, 10:01   #148
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle

Thread closed

Old 29-06-2011, 10:07   #149
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck

Javier Martin And Stolen Sailboats In The Caribbean - Panama Guide

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
Closed Thread

Tags
Caribbean