Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2021, 12:13   #1

Can’t get my dog to VI from Keys. Need advice on boat charter that isn’t too $$$

I live in North Carolina.

I am moving to St. Thomas on May 30.

I need to find a way to get my dog to St. Thomas since no airlines are accepting pets as cargo. My dog is 9, I’ve had him since he was a pup, and he’s super well trained, smart, and calm. Unless he’s without me. He’s a mess without me. I cannot leave him behind. He’s a lab/sheepdog mix and he’s 50lbs.

I was hoping to drive to Florida and then leave from the Keys to St. Thomas on a chartered boat that isn’t going to leave me broke. All I can find are super fancy yachts that are $1500 a day. I don’t care how long it takes.

If anyone has any recommendations for established companies to help me get this taken care of, please help.
elljaedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 14:39   #2

Boat: 2000 Catalina 470 #058
Re: Can’t get my dog to VI from Keys. Need advice on boat charter that isn’t too $$$

Have you tried this web site? COmpanies ship pets around all the time just not sure if any go to St. Thomas.

https://www.ipata.org/find-ipata-pet-shippers
Old 04-05-2021, 16:12   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
Re: Can’t get my dog to VI from Keys. Need advice on boat charter that isn’t too $$$

I know there is a group that regularly ship rescue dogs back to the states on airplanes utilizing tourists returning. Perhaps they can help you with logistics in the opposite direction? I found this website, it could be a start for you to conact them.

://www.stjohnanimalcarecenter.com
Gadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Advice, boat, charter