Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2010, 15:08   #1

Boat: temporarily boatless...
Aground: Whale Harbor Channel, FL

FYI, I ran aground (19 Jan 2010) 100m off the mouth of this channel, 2 hrs before a 0.0 low, with a reported 5-foot controlling depth (according to the unnamed local marina; personally I'm not so sure), and a boat with a 4'11" draft. Very frustrating sitting there with the greens lined up on the left and the reds on the right, looking straight down the middle of the channel, unable to move. Turns out, I was supposed to "hug the green;" the channel mouth is wider than the channel itself, so this information might have been useful BEFORE I ran aground... In case you're heading that way, fair warning. Pete
pete33458 is offline   Reply With Quote