Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 18:09   #1

Advice on Crew Position from Antigua to Med ?

Hello,
First time poster and am wading through tons of great info. I did not post in "crew forum" because looking more for advice. I have a small amount of blue water experience over the years and am interested in testing out the cruising life 4-6 months initially prior to diving in full time. Is it realistic to fly to Antigua prior to Race Week and then offer up my services as an unpaid crew member with the intention of then finding a slot on a boat heading to the Med? If I do find a ride to the Med is it still possible to then find additional sailing opps while there? Would it be wiser to try and find a spot somewhere else? Not looking for a paid position but have experience as a general manager for a mega-estate in Colorado. Also, at age 43 are captains looking for younger crew members?

Thanks!
mtnboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Antigua, crew