Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2013, 05:32   #1

Boat: Leopard 50 Catamaran
Absentee Owner

I have been cruising the Caribbean part time for 18 months now. I am not retired but my wife and I are able to come down one week a month. I've been surprised at how good this service has been at the different islands and how fortunate I have been to find great people to look after the boat when I'm out of town. If anybody needs help with the boat they want to leave on an island in the Northern Caribbean feel free to reach out to me and I can share my contacts. USVI, BVI, St. Maarten, Antigua Guadeloupe.
happytogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 09:57   #2

Boat: Hinckley, SW51
Hi,
I am arriving to Antigua from the Canary Islands in January. My plan is to hop around the islands towards Bahamas. In February, I'm planning to do Antigua to BVI in two weeks time. In March, BVI to Turks and Caicos in another two weeks time. In April, Bahamas from south to north in 3-4 weeks time. What would you suggest as places not to miss and safe marinas to leave my dear sailing boat ( she is a Hinckley 51). I appreciate your sharing of you experience. Gian Luca
Gianluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2013, 05:50   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Absentee Owner

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, happytogether, and Gianluca.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2013, 06:01   #4

Boat: Skookum 53'

Welcome to the forum.
Old 29-11-2013, 18:31   #5

Gian
I have some great contacts for you. In antigua I left my boat in English harbor under the care of two local marine boat helpers. One is good with date today checking the lines making sure the vessel safe the other is good with working on your repair list and anything that takes a little more technical expertise. I was very happy with all of them I have a cleaner and electronics person etc. in Antigua that I can give you their contact info via private message.

In St. Maarten there are great opportunities for people to look after your boat and do repair work etc. I've recently had my boat receive a $20,000 refit including canvas engine work and bottom paint. My contact in St. Maarten can arrange dockage care and any work you need.

In the BVI I recommend Nanny Cay for marine services and to have somebody look after your boat. it's a great marina with all the local services you could require. I have left MyBoatShow for at least six months in these three locations I will give you all the contact information for these great people to look after your vessel

I don't have any contacts in Puerto Rico but I will early in the year. We are currently in St. Maarten and in January heading to the BVI we will be there for three months and then make our way back to Florida as well. We will take several months to get there as we only go for one week a month.

Please send me a private message to RKSmith1@att.net. And I will attach all the contact information for the people mentioned above.

You can call my cell phone 954-520-3041 anytime and I would be happy to talk to you about my experiences and recommendations

Enjoy your crossing and I look forward to meeting you this winter.

Randy Smith
Old 01-12-2013, 15:12   #6

Thanks, this is great help
GianLuca
Old 01-12-2013, 15:23   #7

Boat: Westerly Centaur 26'
Send a message via AIM to bbowers2004 Send a message via MSN to bbowers2004 Send a message via Yahoo to bbowers2004 Send a message via Skype™ to bbowers2004
Not to have bad ethics, but it seems like a scam job at first observation...maybe I have no trust in society....lol
bbowers2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 15:33   #8

I don't think that is a scam but, I will let you know.
Old 04-12-2013, 19:58   #9

Funny I offer to help because I am that kind of person and it must be a scam. Ask Gian if he got all my contacts and phone numbers from my resources in the Caribbean.
Old 04-12-2013, 20:28   #10
Marine Service Provider

Happytogether,Please check your pm.
Super Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:28   #11

Thanks Happytoghether, the information was helpful and he is real for the suspicious readers.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:19   #12

Boat: Westerly Centaur 26'
Send a message via AIM to bbowers2004 Send a message via MSN to bbowers2004 Send a message via Yahoo to bbowers2004 Send a message via Skype™ to bbowers2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytogether View Post
Funny I offer to help because I am that kind of person and it must be a scam. Ask Gian if he got all my contacts and phone numbers from my resources in the Caribbean.
No reason to take it personal.

A. Everyone who has posted has less then 10 posts.
B. The only people verified are people that have only posted on this post.

Quote:
Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, happytogether, and Gianluca.
bbowers2004 is offline   Reply With Quote