Here's our situation:
- We are USA citizens, living in UK for past two years and relocating to France
(with work/residence visa)
- While living in USA, we purchased a Spanish-flagged sailboat in Barcelona
2 years ago. The boat
is still there.
- We have a document from prior owner showing VAT was paid and we paid more for the boat
because of that.
- We are keeping the boat in Spain
, but we reflagged with USA Coast Guard as I think it is supposed to follow citizenship
- Now that we are relocating to France
, and that will be our primary residence, is there anything I need to be aware of? For example, I need to declare the boat being imported into France (from UK) on my custom forms for my house?