Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2015, 04:01   #46

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates
Re: Turkey most expensive in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Check in was 300euro and another 25/person for visas.. all done in the marina office Kusadasi..
Oh... and 70euro to clear out..
HEY BOATMAN -- glad to see you made it.

We did the check in ourselves and I think we paid only for the transit log at the marina. And Kusadasi marina is about or just above what we paid in Tunisia and a much nicer marina and right in town.
BUT you must shop around and a bit on negotiating may not hurt.
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 04:02   #47

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates

Quote:
Check in was 300euro and another 25/person for visas.. all done in the marina office Kusadasi..
HEY BOATMAN -- glad to see you made it.

We did the check in ourselves and I think we paid only for the transit log at the marina. And Kusadasi marina is about or just above what we paid in Tunisia and a much nicer marina and right in town.
BUT you must shop around and a bit on negotiating may not hurt.
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 04:38   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realyachting View Post
Hello Barra,

I would like to tell you that you were in expensive marina in southern of turkey I just wanted let you know that marinturk marina is more cheaper than bodrum if you are thinking to come turkey in the next you can be sure that göcek is more cheap

Best Regards

But there are a lot of cheaper and more safe marinas in SW of Turkey. Probably you are in Marinturk's payroll.. Isn't it ?
asolmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 05:03   #49
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by asolmaz View Post
But there are a lot of cheaper and more safe marinas in SW of Turkey. Probably you are in Marinturk's payroll.. Isn't it ?
I wasn't meaning that marintürk marina is the most cheap marine around SW and we are knowing that there are cheaper marinas I am not in Marinturk's payroll by the way..
Old 23-10-2015, 05:08   #50

Boat: Cuddles 30ft Motor Sailer

The cost of marinas are expensive in Turkey due to the present government's views on taxing anything considered "luxury". As in most places their are much better deals on the outskirts of the cities, rather than the flashy marina in the city center.

The overall cost of cruising in Turkey is quite reasonable. There are plenty of safe beautiful anchorages so marina's can be avoided other than to occasionally top up water and use the pump out. Meals are cheap, especially away from the big tourist spots. Even the local supply boats that pull alongside you in many anchorages selling vegetables, fish, meat, beer & ice cream are reasonably priced considering the service they provide.
Overall total expenses (marina costs, fuel, all meals & beverages) for us this last summer on a Lagoon 440 worked out to be just over $200/day for 4 people, and I'm sure half the cost was the beverages.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 05:29   #51

Boat: Comet 41s

Yes I agree with most of you. Even if I stay away from marinas I staid for two days on Çesme Marina, a Camper & Nicholson one, as good as the better I have been. Luxurious would be the word and I paid last year for a 41ft boat something like 65 euros a day on high season.

Cesme Marina | Turkey Marina | Marina Berths | Camper & Nicholsons | Camper & Nicholsons Marinas

The average Italian marina will charge you a lot more than that and one with the same characteristics can go sky high. I remember asking by telephone how much they will charge me for a day in Capri marina in late September (out of high season) and they asked me 200 euros.

That is not only there, I suspect the French prices on the French Riviera are not that different and I know that the Spanish ones on prime sites on the Balearic Islands and Marbella are also very high and you will be lucky in finding a place.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 05:36   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Yes I agree with most of you. Even if I stay away from marinas I staid for two days on Çesme Marina, a Camper & Nicholson one, as good as the better I have been. Luxurious would be the word and I paid last year for a 41ft boat something like 65 euros a day on high season.

Cesme Marina | Turkey Marina | Marina Berths | Camper & Nicholsons | Camper & Nicholsons Marinas

The average Italian marina will charge you a lot more than that and one with the same characteristics can go sky high. I remember asking by telephone how much they will charge me for a day in Capri marina in late September (out of high season) and they asked me 200 euros.

That is not only there, I suspect the French prices on the French Riviera are not that different and I know that the Spanish ones on prime sites on the Balearic Islands and Marbella are also very high and you will be lucky in finding a place.
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:53   #53
Tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
I'm tied up to Yeloya's quay right now. No idea what it costs but in my opinion you would be foolish to not come here. The staff is excellent, the food great, and Atila (Yeloya) is a fantastic person to drink a beer with. I'll post a few thoughts about our stay in Turkey and at his marina in a week or two but in short it couldn't have been better.
Yeloya, is your place protected against the elements for a 12 month stay? PM me for a quote please if you are so kind. Thanks!
Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:34   #54
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Turkey most expensive in Europe

Another reason that marina's may be more expensive in Turkey is the simple fact that They Are NOT in Europe..
When the EU transformed from the Common Market and began Empire building it offered/granted huge payments to potential new members which they grabbed.. some went on roads etc and a lot was siphoned into building marina's around the poorer states like Portugal, Spain and Greece..
Turkey however is a different matter.. investors want to get their money back. Also.. they recognise the fact that as far as non-EU boats and sailors HAVE to use them or leave the Med now N Africa is considered to dangerous.
Its that thing the West loves to practice but hates when on the other side..
CAPATILISM...!!!

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:39   #55

Quote:
Lots of bureaucracy and very different prices regarding agents. If you use a Marina you pay more unless you get lucky like me. When I asked about clearing out papers the nice girl on the expensive marina looked at me, looked around to see if nobody was looking at her, and told me, go to the Port authority, 200m on the left and you pay almost nothing.

I smiled back thanked her and went to the place. They were not used to clear out yachts, but were very nice, and finally after a lot of papers and stamps all I had to pay was some official stamps that costed something like 5 Euros?

For entering I asked to a French sailor that had the looks to be around for a while (In Symi, near Turkey) and he directed me to a small agency in Datcha (that has a small non luxury marina -about 30 Euros a night). It was Sunday and I believe it was more expensive on account of that but with everything, including the blue card and two visas (separated costs) was way less than 300 euros. If I remember well a little bit over 250 Euros.

In fact it was way more than the 70 euros the French said it would cost but visas where 50 Euros, the blue card 60? and rest of the difference, maybe because it was Sunday or because the Turk thought I was richer than the French guy, who knows, anyway they offered me tea and they were very nice (only him and his wife). He left me there waiting and drinking tea while he went out and took care of everything in about one hour.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:07   #56
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri View Post
Yeloya, is your place protected against the elements for a 12 month stay? PM me for a quote please if you are so kind. Thanks!
Hi Tri, I've sent you a price today.
Back to yr question; no , we don't keep too many boats in winter in water. Easterly and southerlies which are frequent in winter can be very nasty.. Hard standing is very safe and we have enough space. We don't give 12 months contracts as we have very few berths available in water. Palarran, Barra and few others are just exceptions ..

But if you want to hang around during the week or want some issues to be fixed when our charter fleet is out, the technical service and the restaurant/bar is one of the best in the region..

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:17   #57
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Turkey most expensive in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Lots of bureaucracy and very different prices regarding agents. If you use a Marina you pay more unless you get lucky like me. When I asked about clearing out papers the nice girl on the expensive marina looked at me, looked around to see if nobody was looking at her, and told me, go to the Port authority, 200m on the left and you pay almost nothing.

I smiled back thanked her and went to the place. They were not used to clear out yachts, but were very nice, and finally after a lot of papers and stamps all I had to pay was some official stamps that costed something like 5 Euros?

For entering I asked to a French sailor that had the looks to be around for a while (In Symi, near Turkey) and he directed me to a small agency in Datcha (that has a small non luxury marina -about 30 Euros a night). It was Sunday and I believe it was more expensive on account of that but with everything, including the blue card and two visas (separated costs) was way less than 300 euros. If I remember well a little bit over 250 Euros.

In fact it was way more than the 70 euros the French said it would cost but visas where 50 Euros, the blue card 60? and rest of the difference, maybe because it was Sunday or because the Turk thought I was richer than the French guy, who knows, anyway they offered me tea and they were very nice (only him and his wife). He left me there waiting and drinking tea while he went out and took care of everything in about one hour.
My experience was 5months ago.. how long ago was yours..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:39   #58

Boat: Ohlson 29

Quote:
Another reason that marina's may be more expensive in Turkey is the simple fact that They Are NOT in Europe...
When the EU transformed
Europe and the EU (European Union) are NOT the same thing.
Europe is a continent (on which you will indeed find Turkey and about 50 other countries), the EU is a 'politico-economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe'.

So yes, Turkey is in Europe, just not (yet) a member of the EU.

(Sorry, Boatman, I know that's what you meant and I know you're fully aware of this, but many people aren't.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
We have cruised the med from Spain through France, Italy, Croatia Greece and now turkey past 3 summers
The Med is part of Europe - but Europe is a lot bigger then just the Med. How do you know Turkey is the most expensive country (for cruisers) in Europe when you've only been to a few countries (and a few marina's in those) in one part of Europe?

(Rhetorical question considering when this was posted, but for those who are reading this thread now.)
Old 02-03-2016, 08:49   #59

Quote:
My experience was 5months ago.. how long ago was yours..
Two years ago, but even at that time prices were very different if a marina was used and different regarding different agents or if you didn't use (to go out) an agent to clear out.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:54   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
Hi Tri, I've sent you a price today.
Back to yr question; no , we don't keep too many boats in winter in water. Easterly and southerlies which are frequent in winter can be very nasty.. Hard standing is very safe and we have enough space. We don't give 12 months contracts as we have very few berths available in water. Palarran, Barra and few others are just exceptions ..

But if you want to hang around during the week or want some issues to be fixed when our charter fleet is out, the technical service and the restaurant/bar is one of the best in the region..

Cheers

Yeloya
Were is your place?
This year I will sail to North of Greece and Turkey, eventually going to Istanbul. No plans after that (yet).
Not many problems with refugee boats on the area?

Tags
Europe, rope, Turkey