I finally had a response from the broker and went to view the boat
in Tunisia in June. I also viewed Novena in Almerimar and found that she was in excellent condition as far as I could see, but I prefer the Tunisian boat's saloon
layout. If you haven't looked at Novena, you definitely should. The owner is a shipwright and she really is in stunning condition. I'll put you in touch if you like.
My offer has been accepted for Ibn Batuta, we have signed a contract
and we are awaiting her being moved to France
. One delay was that, after the shootings in June, just a few hundred yards for the marina where she was lying, neither the surveyor
nor I have been able to get insured to go there.
I am hoping that, subject to the survey
being OK, she will be mine by the end of September. She will need work
to deal with the apparent neglect of the last couple of years but other than that looks like an excellent, well-equipped boat