Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2019, 05:20   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Schengen Visa

Stand by for a massive fudge at the very last minute, followed by lots of EU Eurocrats and UK politicians congratulating themselves on a job well done.

Until that is some poor yachtie enters the United States of Europe with red diesel in his tanks or old registration documents and the local customs guy who is paid buttons, decides to make a test case out of them
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:32   #17
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Schengen Visa

HUH..!!!
I am not talking about to and fro I am talking about those of us living in EU countries..
All visa free travel does is make the annual fortnight on the Costas getting pissed as it is now..
The last update was individual countries will decide on how UK nationals resident.. say in Spain, you may have to apply for Spanish citizenship to remain in your home.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:41   #18
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
Key point...."IF

True or false, a big part of the brexit sell was people coming in and taking jobs from brits.

…… and they found it now. they should start with "Windrush and those 50,000 Indians from Africa they brought.. long before "people start coming and taking British jobs" you could walk from Dagenham to Hays and not to hear one single English word or to see single one white person on the street and they start thinking now about "people coming in and taking jobs from brits".
bitt to late, I think.
Gruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:15   #19
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruz View Post
…… and they found it now. they should start with "Windrush and those 50,000 Indians from Africa they brought.. long before "people start coming and taking British jobs" you could walk from Dagenham to Hays and not to hear one single English word or to see single one white person on the street and they start thinking now about "people coming in and taking jobs from brits".
bitt to late, I think.

Bit of an exaggeration methinks..
Immigration is the Remainers bogeyman thrown in to agitate.. no ones worried about it.. they just want it controlled.
Many have waited patiently for 40yrs for this opportunity to reverse the mistake of the century..

Old 07-03-2019, 07:28   #20
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post

Bit of an exaggeration methinks..
Immigration is the Remainers bogeyman thrown in to agitate.. no ones worried about it.. they just want it controlled.
Many have waited patiently for 40yrs for this opportunity to reverse the mistake of the century..

Have you been recently in, let say, Alperton, Perivale, Wembley. Before Poles started coming in the area you would thought that you are in Calcutta. West Drayton and Hounslow were literary country in the country long before Brexit and you found it now that "someone taking your jobs" is bothering you to much.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:30   #21

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Hmm, thread wandering a bit, need to get back to Schengen me thinks
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:50   #22
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Have you been recently in, let say, Alperton, Perivale, Wembley. Before Poles started coming in the area you would thought that you are in Calcutta. West Drayton and Hounslow were literary country in the country long before Brexit and you found it now that "someone taking your jobs" is bothering you to much.
Methinks you have a chip on your shoulder mate.. as a Midlander I am well used to Caribe and Asian populations going right back in time to the 60's.. before that I lived in Pakistan..
I have hung out in 'Shebeens' drinking Guinness and munching on ribs, love Curry and Ladoo's, in fact most things Asian and Caribe unlike my my EU neighbours who find Chicken Piri Piri sometimes to spicey..

Old 07-03-2019, 07:57   #23

Boat: 43 Mikelson

There is a pretty good detailed explanation on “The Rigging Doctor”. They are Americans with their boat on the hard in the Azores.
They had to get back to the USA and go to the Portugal embassy if I remember correctly
Painless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:09   #24
cruiser

Quote:
Methinks you have a chip on your shoulder mate.. as a Midlander I am well used to Caribe and Asian populations going right back in time to the 60's.. before that I lived in Pakistan..
I have hung out in 'Shebeens' drinking Guinness and munching on ribs, love Curry and Ludo's, in fact most things Asian and Caribe unlike my my EU neighbours who find Chicken Piri Piri sometimes to spicey..

Of course you like curry, curry is British national dish.

Bangers and mash. Yum. Cheese on toast: a national delicacy! Ever had Haggis? You people don't have taste buds.

My British friend brought me back spotted dick from his last trip back home. I took one bite and had to choke back tears, it was so nasty.

But I think there is historical reason why British food is so monumentally bad. The English were the Klingons of Europe throughout much of their history - going out and conquering less warlike populations; focused on hierarchy, tribal affiliation, and empire. Klingon food probably wouldn't be so great, either. England isn't a world power anymore, but they still haven't learned to cook.

Sorry Pete 7, could not resist and would not write here any post any more....
Old 07-03-2019, 08:29   #25
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Of course you like curry, curry is British national dish.

Bangers and mash. Yum. Cheese on toast: a national delicacy! Ever had Haggis? You people don't have taste buds.

My British friend brought me back spotted dick from his last trip back home. I took one bite and had to choke back tears, it was so nasty.

But I think there is historical reason why British food is so monumentally bad. The English were the Klingons of Europe throughout much of their history - going out and conquering less warlike populations; focused on hierarchy, tribal affiliation, and empire. Klingon food probably wouldn't be so great, either. England isn't a world power anymore, but they still haven't learned to cook.

Sorry Pete 7, could not resist and would not write here any post any more....

We only serve that to foreigners.. and Haggis comes from another country.. Scotland.. and they're porridge lovers to boot.
English food is roasts with potato's and seasonal veg, pie's, broths, stews etc..
But hey.. feel free to abuse, why change the habits of a lifetime.. you know it helps you feel better about yourself..

Old 07-03-2019, 08:41   #26

Boat: Hans Christian 33

Back to Schengen...

Our upcoming itinerary looks something like: US > Bermuda > AZORES > Portugal > Med for the summer. Turning around this November for the CANARY ISL. > Cape Verde then crossing back to the Caribbean.

Help me understand something... When we check in to Azores (Portuguese territory) this summer, do we have 180 days to cruise the Med, turn around and be gone from the Canaries (Spanish territory)?

The book ends of the Schengen for us are "territories" of other nations but aren't Schengen Nations. Do these territories apply to the "180 days, 90 days in, 90 days out" rule?
RobMinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:04   #27
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Your 90 days starts in the Azores.. Get stamped out for your 7 days to the continent not to count then just anchor.. if you enter a marina you'll be cleared in restarting the clock.. this could be played till Gibraltar..
If your in the Azores say April you will either have to fly home or head for a non EU country by July then head back in come October when the seasons over.

Old 07-03-2019, 13:46   #28

Boat: Hans Christian 33

Quote:
Your 90 days starts in the Azores.. Get stamped out for your 7 days to the continent not to count then just anchor.. if you enter a marina you'll be cleared in restarting the clock.. this could be played till Gibraltar..
So this is 90 days within Schengen area, 90 days out, all within 180 days, right? Looking to maximize our time in the Med, so we’ll be strategically dancing in and out of Schengen nations. Just wondering if we’re past 180 days by the time we get to the Canaries will I be looking at repercussions in the Canary Islands?
RobMinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 14:11   #29
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

I hear tell they are pretty relaxed with folks headed West.. just don't overstay the welcome.

Old 07-03-2019, 14:34   #30

Boat: C&C Landfall 38

You will be like us Canadians, 90 in 90 out, but we have always had 180 in the UK, I don't think USAians have 6 months in the UK do they?

People wonder why not many Non Euro boat in the Med....the dance is to boring to meet the requirements, even those that own a boat in the Med only get the 90 days....
nwdiver is offline   Reply With Quote