Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2017, 16:08   #136

Boat: Currently Boatless!
Re: Sardinia Squad

Hi Ken,

Currently interested in a boat that is in Sardinia. Hoping to come and view in the next days/weeks. Can you recommend places to stay etc. Exact location of boat is not known at this point.

Darren.
Old 15-01-2018, 03:43   #137

Boat: Oyster 49

We have 2 children (5 and 9) and are beginning to plan our tour of Corsica, Sardinia and north coast of Sicily over 9/10 weeks this Summer. We are currently based south of Pisa, plan to leave there 1st June and will take our new berth near Naples in early August.

From our reading so far, our rough plan is to go direct Corsica from the Tuscan coast - landing in Bastia or Macianggio - then down the west coast of Corsica to Bonifacio and the Maddalenas. We then head down to Cagliari (any better suggestions?) to restock and pick up a friend before crossing to Sicily. In Sicily, we are looking at visiting the western tip, Palermo, Cefalu then onto Naples with a brief stop in the Aeolian Islands.

We have a few questions and are grateful for the knowledge on this forum.

1) Our current thought is 7 weeks Corsica, Sardinia and 3 weeks Sicily. Is this a sensible use of our time?

2) Should we go down the east or west coast of Sardinia?

3) Is there much to see inland on Corsica and Sardinia - should we be looking to take a berth for a week and hire a car on both islands?

5) As we are starting in the shoulder season and end in peak season, should we be ordering our trip differently to avoid the crowds?

6) We're interested in CF members' favourite spots along this route and any unmarked dangers to highlight?

Thank you in advance!
Neziak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 12:15   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neziak View Post
We have 2 children (5 and 9) and are beginning to plan our tour of Corsica, Sardinia and north coast of Sicily over 9/10 weeks this Summer. We are currently based south of Pisa, plan to leave there 1st June and will take our new berth near Naples in early August.

From our reading so far, our rough plan is to go direct Corsica from the Tuscan coast - landing in Bastia or Macianggio - then down the west coast of Corsica to Bonifacio and the Maddalenas. We then head down to Cagliari (any better suggestions?) to restock and pick up a friend before crossing to Sicily. In Sicily, we are looking at visiting the western tip, Palermo, Cefalu then onto Naples with a brief stop in the Aeolian Islands.

We have a few questions and are grateful for the knowledge on this forum.

1) Our current thought is 7 weeks Corsica, Sardinia and 3 weeks Sicily. Is this a sensible use of our time?

2) Should we go down the east or west coast of Sardinia?

3) Is there much to see inland on Corsica and Sardinia - should we be looking to take a berth for a week and hire a car on both islands?

5) As we are starting in the shoulder season and end in peak season, should we be ordering our trip differently to avoid the crowds?

6) We're interested in CF members' favourite spots along this route and any unmarked dangers to highlight?

Thank you in advance!

Hey! We spent about 2 months last season around both islands. My advise is to look at your weather one week out and plan what side based on your wind. We prefer the west side buts it’s all great. Anchor out its way nicer! I hired a Car for just day trips. No need for a week. Corsica is our favourite island in all of the med, Enjoy!
robbinsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 21:05   #139

Boat: Lagoon 450

Hi Ken,
I noticed you replied to another post about a docking in Cavtat. My questions are not about Sardinia/Italy sailing. I’m not sure how to send a direct message to you. I will be bareboatung out of Dubrovnik in July. Are you interested in chatting? Should I start a new post?
Pilotswife62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 23:39   #140

Following on from our post in January, we are now in the final stages of planning. We depart the Tuscan coast for Capraia then Corsica in less than a month. We got a good taste of the area during Easter with a visit to Elba.

We’ve mapped out various options for our route but are now looking for favourite anchorages and restaurants on both Corsica and Sardinia. Recommendations and tips would be most appreciated.

We’ll be sailing with out two children (5 and 9) and aim to be down in Bonoficio by the end of June. Let us know if you are in the area and would like to meet up.
Old 30-04-2018, 15:49   #141

Boat: Valiant 42

Neziak,

I lived in the Porto Cervo-Costa Smeralda area for 3 years on my 33 foot catamaran. and I also had a 46 foot charter cat in this area.

Hard to go wrong. Food is great just about anywhere. Try port of Cannigione for more affordable marina mooring and also good for anchoring and for provisioning and just strolling on shore.

Other ports are very expensive from July 1 to end of August.

Another port that is reasonable is marina di Portisco-also has small supermarket and some services.

In this area you are only about 2-3 hour sail to bonifaccio. magnificent port and old town. Watch weather closely because they have strong maestrale winds that can come in very quickly from NW.

Have fun!!
mwmsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:34   #142

following...
letsgetsailing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:30   #143

If you visit Portisco there is a good restaurant "Ristorante Su Cubone" up on the hill. Typical Sardinian food, and look out for their Suckling Pig menu on a Saturday night. The last time I was therein Portisco (last year), they had a bill-board near the marina office with their phone number and directions on it.
Goodall_M1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 19:24   #144

Thanks for the tips so far. We’ll definitely aim to be in Portisco for a Saturday night! Please keep the recommendations coming.
Old 27-07-2018, 06:07   #145

Boat: Moody 47

Hi, currently in Campomoro, western Corsica, shortly moving over to cruise Sardinia between Alghero and Olbia during August before heading to Sicily for the winter. Looking for a cheap place to leave my Moody 47 for 10 days at end of September for a trip home to the UK. Any suggestions?
SYDreamOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 06:29   #146

Boat: Sun Odyssey 32 & Bavaria 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDreamOn View Post
Hi, currently in Campomoro, western Corsica, shortly moving over to cruise Sardinia between Alghero and Olbia during August before heading to Sicily for the winter. Looking for a cheap place to leave my Moody 47 for 10 days at end of September for a trip home to the UK. Any suggestions?
All depends on where you will be! Porto Torres, Comorano Marina is good value, and about 30 mins from Alghero airport. If flying from Olbia then maybe try one of the marinas in that area, as Porto Torres is a 130 euro taxi ride to Olbia
Twhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 07:51   #147

Marinas in the north are expensive, try Marina di Villaputzu (Porto Corallo) in the east coast.
SpinDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 15:11   #148

Boat: Alubat, OVNI 47

Quote:
Just spent June and half of July in northern Sardinia. There are no cheap places to keep your boat in Sardinia until 01 October. I priced lots, nothing less than €2000 for a 48 foot boat in the month of August. It will cheaper in September, but they'll charge a higher daily rate for only 10 days. I can recommend Yasmine Hammemet, Tunisia about 1/4 the price.
Old 28-07-2018, 02:31   #149

Boat: Hanse 540e

Quote:
if you dont mind electricity the cheap option maybe is to leave the boat on buoys in Cannigone. 16m 60€/day, the guy is always there and maybe you can get good price for 10 days.
Old 30-07-2018, 04:51   #150

Boat: Sun Odyssey 32 & Bavaria 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccannan View Post
Just spent June and half of July in northern Sardinia. There are no cheap places to keep your boat in Sardinia until 01 October. I priced lots, nothing less than €2000 for a 48 foot boat in the month of August. It will cheaper in September, but they'll charge a higher daily rate for only 10 days. I can recommend Yasmine Hammemet, Tunisia about 1/4 the price.
I have a 12 month berth in Cormorano Marina Porto Torres, cost 2900 euro for 12m yacht.

Suggest you email them and ask: info@cormorano.com

Also was in marina ar Isola Rossa earlier this month, cost was 46 euro per night, might be worth trying them lso
Twhitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Corsica, Italy