Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2016, 11:16   #16

Re: Sailing in Croatia

Hi Andreas,

I will be in the Adriatic- Split area for a week. So far we are planning to follow the Moorings itinerary. I'm looking for sure Dos and Don'ts and general recommendations.

Thank you for your kindness
soares29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:22   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas0305 View Post
Hi All,

My name is Andreas and I am a new member to this community. I am working as a professional skipper on the Adriatic Sea for the last 12 years.

I have seen that there are many questions about sailing in Croatia and I must say to everyone that is in a little bit of doubt, that Croatia is one of the best destinations for any kind of holiday, especially sailing holiday. In the last 10 years the demand for charter in Croatia has grown tremendously which resulted in a great growth of charter fleets so all kinds of vessels are now available in Croatia.

To keep it short for now, I will try to pass my experience to this forum in times to come.

I just did one winter delivery of a brand new Bavaria 46 Cruiser and caught 4 spouts near island of Losinj, but dont let this discourage you . You can check the video at: https://www.facebook.com/avilic/vide...3960876609516/

If you have any questions about destinations, charter or anything of your interest when it comes to Croatia, I will be more than happy to assist with any kind of information.

Bye,
Andreas
I am planning a two week trip to the Kornati Islands in late September and was interested to know if it is easy to pick up a mooring ball or whether the anchorages become very busy during that period.

Also, I have visited Crostia twice before in July and August and we had mainly constant 5kn wind conditions or very little wind Dies the wind tend to change later in the season or can I expect much the same (on average of course)?

Many thanks
wchivell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:26   #18

Boat: Couch Potato

Here are some helpful links from the ministry of maritime in Croatia.

Ministarstvo pomorstva, prometa i infrastrukture - Maritime affairs - Nautics

Hope it helps
Old 14-06-2016, 03:54   #19
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchivell View Post
I am planning a two week trip to the Kornati Islands in late September and was interested to know if it is easy to pick up a mooring ball or whether the anchorages become very busy during that period.

Also, I have visited Crostia twice before in July and August and we had mainly constant 5kn wind conditions or very little wind Dies the wind tend to change later in the season or can I expect much the same (on average of course)?

Many thanks
Hi,

sorry for a late reply.

Late September is not so busy as it is in July and August. If you are visiting Kornati islands, consider spending the night on Lavsa, it is a very nice little island, quite sheltered and you can make the reservation at Idro (+385 91 7208235), next stop you can go to Telascica, it is a park of nature with a lot of bouys and the area around is excellent for anchoring.

I hope it helps.

Bye,
Andreas
andreas0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 04:10   #20
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by soares29 View Post
Hi Andreas,

I will be in the Adriatic- Split area for a week. So far we are planning to follow the Moorings itinerary. I'm looking for sure Dos and Don'ts and general recommendations.

Thank you for your kindness
Hi,

the area is just excellent. I am not sure what is the moorings itinerary, but if you want to avoid hell and thousands of boats, you can have an excellent local experience and still see what is worth seeing.

Day 1 - I would go to Stari Grad on Hvar
Day 2 - short stop in Hvar, swim on Pakleni and head to Vis
Day 3 - relaxing day on Scedro
Day 4 - Korcula
Day 5 - Sucuraj (Hvar)
Day 6 - Luka bay (Povlja, island of Brac)
Day 7 - stop in Bol (Brac) to refuel and back to the base

It is a nice round trip, whith a combination of historic cities and natural beauties. This trip wont be taken by many, so even in the high season you would get some peace.

Recommendations -

konoba Rokis on island of Vis (+385 98 303483) - they are also one of the bigest wine producers. Best would be to make the reservation one day ahead as they are limited with tables. The dish is the local peka, it is a traditional dish where you can choose between meat, fish or octopus.

restaurant Antika in Stari Grad (Hvar) - +385 21 765479

Restaurant Vujnović - +385 91 529 1434 - they are also wine producers from Hvar, most famous Plavac Mali sort of wine from Ivan Dolac is their gold medal award wining red wine. Call them in advance if you want some special meals to be prepared.

Luke bay near Povlja - you cant miss it it is a huge, fjord like bay that enters the island opposite of Povlja- There is a Pipo eco restaurant, which is together with the place and the ambient often the best destination to my clients. You can call them for mooring or bouy reservation at +385 98 781358

Let me know if I can assist you in any other way.

Bye,
Andreas
andreas0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 06:36   #21

Boat: none yet :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchivell View Post

Many thanks

I sailed Croatia/Montenegro coast quite a few times and can only suggest that September is the best time to go there. Nice winds and less tourists.

I fully agree with you on frequent lack of wind in July/August which also makes it roasting hot. In addition too crowded with tourists for my taste during those months.

Enjoy!
Invictus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 14:04   #22

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus69 View Post
I sailed Croatia/Montenegro coast quite a few times and can only suggest that September is the best time to go there. Nice winds and less tourists.

I fully agree with you on frequent lack of wind in July/August which also makes it roasting hot. In addition too crowded with tourists for my taste during those months.

Enjoy!
Things are changing, some days ago the wind was well over 30k and this thursday again, over 30K. Not normal to have so many days in June with wind well over 30 gusting well over 40k.

Personally I find Croatia too crowded in July and August and the quantity of charter boats that put the anchor on top of yours is just frightening. Better on the North Croatia or South (less crowded). Avoid central Croatia if you can.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 04:22   #23

Cool Re: Sailing in Croatia

Croatiaqn Adriatic Nautical Pilot with maps and aerial photos, with anchorages, marinas, bays and descriptive information can be found in the link below. The book is Amazon/Kindle format and can be downloaded to kindle device same as any smartphone (Android or Apple iOS) or personal computer (notebook, laptop, etc...).
Approximately 400+ locations, bays and hidden gems have been described in the book.

https://www.amazon.com/Croatian-Adri.../dp/B01H4BYXVE
Drolx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Croatia, sail, sailing