Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2021, 05:59   #1

Lisabon / Portugal – need some advice for a boat stay for two months (unmanned).

Hi folks,
can someone tell me a marina or port near Lisbon Airport / Portugal / EU that could take care for two boats (50ft and 55ft Bavaria) for a two-month stay from 12/12/2021 to 02/05/2022 or 02/12/2022?

I'm looking for a floating berth and regular inspection of the boats (not just mooring lines, but also bilge, bilge pumps, valves, hatches and battery status) at a reasonable price.

Or is there someone who could reliably take on this job?
Even it is a so called easy job, it has to be done once a day. Reliably. And if a stronger wind occurs or a storm passed by an extra check has to be done.
Please send me a PM with your contact data.

Thx in advance.

Cheers
Dirk
Dirk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2021, 06:16   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression
Re: Lisabon / Portugal – need some advice for a boat stay for two months (unmanned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk01 View Post
marina or port near Lisbon two-month

I'm looking for a floating berth and regular inspection of the boats (not just mooring lines, but also bilge, bilge pumps, valves, hatches and battery status) at a reasonable price.
it has to be done once a day. Reliably.
Dirk
Good luck for searching not marina but for reasonable price.
it has to be done once a day.
what you think be Resonable price for every day inspect your boat.

My suggest use dry marina,you don't need inspection and for battery switch off totally

but if you insist your way ,my suggestion buy good security guard checkpoint system
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2021, 07:37   #3

Re: Lisabon / Portugal – need some advice for a boat stay for two months (unmanned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by more View Post
Good luck for searching not marina but for reasonable price.
it has to be done once a day.
what you think be Resonable price for every day inspect your boat.

My suggest use dry marina,you don't need inspection and for battery switch off totally

but if you insist your way ,my suggestion buy good security guard checkpoint system
Thanks for your advice. As a marina service provider you surely know what you're talking about.
To put it on the hard and back to float and not to forget the rent for the place on land might double or triple the price of a daily check. Quod erat demonstrandum, of course.
However, do you have any advice where to look at or to go for? The next step then should be the calculation.
It's hard to find insider information and I hope to get some out of CF. Then I can go down the road and check out which the best way might be. Because it's not one but two boats makes it probably more efficient. We will see...

Cheers
Old 16-10-2021, 07:46   #4

Boatie's yer man for that question!

If he's not off delivering something right now, he's a resident of Portugal and knows all the marinas there + contacts, etc.

Boatman61
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...n61-31807.html

Good luck,
LittleWing77
LittleWing77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2021, 08:38   #5

For what you are looking for, I would recommend Cascais marina. You get what you pay for in that part of the world. Totally secure and professional.
Capn Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2021, 10:03   #6

Have you considered keeping the boats in the Algarve i.e Lagos or Portimao? I can assist you in the Algarve.
Pirate007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2021, 10:18   #7

Tagus Yacht Center
very helpful and friendly yard, their rates are very reasonable and even for only two months probably cheaper than a marina

Rafael Venâncio +351 932 199 450

Sérgio Venâncio +351 968 451 327

Email: info@tagusyachtcenter.com
scapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2021, 11:33   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate007 View Post
Have you considered keeping the boats in the Algarve i.e Lagos or Portimao? I can assist you in the Algarve.
Hello pirate 007,

Indeed, our first thoughts were on Portimao (and it's not off the table yet). However, Lisbon is a major airport hub with all the flights we need (Stuttgart, Zurich and Frankfurt) and is only 24 hours sailing away.

If you could help, we should get in touch to find out where, how and what is possible or not possible.
As I mentioned earlier, there is a sister boat (arriving about a week later) that has the same problem.

Maybe better to contact via PM?

Thank you very much
Dirk

P.S .: It's amazing - it doesn't matter what problem you have, just post your problem in CF and you will get help.
Old 16-10-2021, 14:38   #9

Boat: Bruce Roberts 44' Steel Mauritius

Seems like a daily check is overkill unless you have some serious issues that should be addressed.
Each to their own I suppose.
Mithril Bham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2021, 03:26   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithril Bham View Post
Seems like a daily check is overkill unless you have some serious issues that should be addressed.
Each to their own I suppose.
Maybe you're right. Due to the fact that I don't know the status of the thru hulls (they are the most unknown point of concern to me) my thinking might be overkill. I should that decide when I have seen them...

Thx
Old 17-10-2021, 03:28   #11

Hi, there is a good marina at Cascais with reduced pay for the winter time,
succes

john
johncruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2021, 03:35   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapa View Post
Tagus Yacht Center
very helpful and friendly yard, their rates are very reasonable and even for only two months probably cheaper than a marina

Rafael Venâncio +351 932 199 450

Sérgio Venâncio +351 968 451 327

Email: info@tagusyachtcenter.com
Thx. I'll give them a call. Maybe the best and reasonable place for a short (unmanned) stay.
This advice is very helpful.
Old 17-10-2021, 08:45   #13

we kept our boat in marina Parque de Nacoes over winter and can definately recomend it. The staff speak good english and the prices are reasonable. The airport is 5 miles away and an uber ride into lisbon is around 7 euros. The marina is way up the river and doesnt get affected by atlantic gales which hit the coast hard over winter.
Jackoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 03:26   #14

Hi Dirk,
PM sent to you.

JT
Pirate007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Advice, boat, Portugal