Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 07:07   #1

Location: Adriatic and Inland France (summer); New Forest, UK (winter)
Boat: Oyster 435 cutter-rigged ketch and Nowee 38 motor yacht
Thumbs down Imray's Ionian Pilot Cockup

Just to alert yachtsmen planning to purchase the latest edition (7th edition) of Imray's Ionian Pilot Book that there is a major error in the index. All entries under the letters M, N and O have been omitted. While Imray have posted a supplement on their website with the missing entries, there is no erratum slip in the versions already on sale in the chandleries and no acknowledgement of the error on the Imray website. Imray seem to be hoping no-one will notice, which doesn't strike me as a very responsible approach.
Old 20-11-2011, 07:17   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Ionian Pilot Cockup

Quote:
Originally Posted by athene View Post
Just to alert yachtsmen planning to purchase the latest edition (7th edition) of Imray's Ionian Pilot Book that there is a major error in the index. All entries under the letters M, N and O have been omitted. While Imray have posted a supplement on their website with the missing entries, there is no erratum slip in the versions already on sale in the chandleries and no acknowledgement of the error on the Imray website. Imray seem to be hoping no-one will notice, which doesn't strike me as a very responsible approach.
I thought it was just the copy i purchased had some missing pages and errors. The quality of the printing seems to be different from previous editions, think it was printed in Croatia although not too sure. Apart from some aerial photographs and a bit of jiggery pockery with the layout, doesnt seem to be any new content....same old really?
ionianpilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ionian