Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 16:54   #1

Boat: Beneteau clipper 423
Greek DEPKA checking in

Hi All, I had planned to check in to Symi in April after leaving Turkey but I have learned that I will need a DEPKA. This will be my first one so I have to go to a tax office. Unfortunately there is no tax office in Symi. Where would be the nearest place to check in with a tax office? I thought maybe Kos. Any ideas folks!
rgds RPP
rigpigpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24   #2

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran
Thumbs up Re: Greek DEPKA checking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigpigpaul View Post
Hi All, I had planned to check in to Symi in April after leaving Turkey but I have learned that I will need a DEPKA. This will be my first one so I have to go to a tax office. Unfortunately there is no tax office in Symi. Where would be the nearest place to check in with a tax office? I thought maybe Kos. Any ideas folks!
rgds RPP
Hi, yes KOS would be good and the system is very simple and straight forward. Just take your time be civil and CALM.

Good luck.

Peter
rivonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:09   #3

Boat: Beneteau clipper 423
Re: Greek DEPKA checking in

Thanks Rivonia. I have been looking at the Greek Waters pilot so I want to check in at Kos town. What is the order of checking in. Is it DEPKA then customs then port police or should I just ask an official when I arrive. I work in West Africa so I know all about being calm and I always smile. Thanks in anticipation. RPP
rigpigpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:30   #4

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500

see www.kosmarina.gr in the summer months port police are located in kos marina but if not you will have to go down to ferry terminal to check in and they will advise you but i suggest you email kos marina they are very helpful there before you set off
beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 02:55   #5

Boat: Bavaria 37

We were in Kos last May, (town quay) and we got our DEPKA (the same since 2008) filled in Kos town at the Port Police office. But we had already made our entry in Greece (from Turkey) in Samos a week before. And there, as each year, we had to go to the "3" : Port Police, Customs and Police = 3 different offices.
The fact is : I don't know where the customs are in Kos . Are they in the same building than the Port Police ?
It will be useful to Rigpigpaul yo know this. If anyone does ?
Jacques2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 14:26   #6

The customs office is close to the port police ,nearer to the town on the same street,about 100 metres away.
The port police should be able to give you directions if you are unsure.
fishtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 05:21   #7

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran
Thumbs up Re: Greek DEPKA checking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigpigpaul View Post
Thanks Rivonia. I have been looking at the Greek Waters pilot so I want to check in at Kos town. What is the order of checking in. Is it DEPKA then customs then port police or should I just ask an official when I arrive. I work in West Africa so I know all about being calm and I always smile. Thanks in anticipation. RPP
Hi sorry for late reply, have been away. Have you got a berth booked in at KOS, as it may be difficult. Plenty of room on the town key.

Go to the PORT POLICE first and humbly ask them what do I have to do. They are VERY helpfull.

Fair winds

Peter
rivonia is offline   Reply With Quote