Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2013, 06:37   #16

Boat: none yet :(
Re: Entering Italy from Croatia - formalities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
I dont beleive this applies to EU boats/crews Jim. ( certainly based on what my friend who is there says) . Since there is no stamp on your passport there is no need to get one on departure.

dave
I forgot to clarify that this particular boat sails under non-EU flag so the above statement may well be true.
Invictus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 08:54   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus69 View Post
Don't presume too much. The boat I was sailing with in late August, had a very unpleasant experience at the 'border' line with Montenegro in mid July (few weeks after the official entry in the EU). Apparently, there was a newly created 'tourist tax' for boats for which the crew were not aware and offered to pay on the spot, but the coast guard ordered them to go back to Cavtat and pay the tax. As it was Saturday, the Cavtat office was closed so they had to go all the way back to Dubrovnik. In addition they had to pay a penalty. It came around Eur 400 in total.
In summary it was obvious that the Coast Guard were sitting there to harass unaware boaters. If they wanted to collect the money, I would organize somebody on board that can charge the boats on the spot and avoiding all this annoyances.
Assume that´s the layover charge which was terminated by 1.July.
A "gift" to Croatia like toll and shown by vignette. All foreign boats in croatian waters had to pay this charge, depending on length of boat and stay.
But I´m sure they will create a new charge in 2014. It´s Balkan.
Tellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 11:53   #18

Back to original topic: turns out in Italy we had to visit only Polizia Frontera to get stamps in our passports (persons) and crew list (boat). No other office would check us in (or even know what to do with us). That's non-EU boat with non-EU crew.

Noonsite for Venice has been updated with the info.
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 03:09   #19

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

Thanks, Katia. I'm sure this helps several people planning to visit Croatia and Venice next summer.

It would be a great help to all readers if people would state in their original posts whether they are inquiring about procedures for non-EU flagged vessel and/or non-EU crew since the answers depend so greatly on those factors. I will try to do that in any future postings. It would save some people from having to read entire long threads about scenarios that do not affect the original poster and only affect EU citizens.
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Croatia, Italy