Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2021, 11:05   #1

Boat: Alpa 42
Dover to Atlantic France & Northern Spain

Good evening salty sailors,

My lady & I are planning to set sail this spring (pending global lockdown situation). The idea was to head from Holland, west through the Channel, & turn our nose south down the coast of Atlantic France, and eventually west again along the north coast of Spain.

My question to those that have done a similar (or reverse) route in the past - do you have any strong recommendations on pilot or cruising guides, must-visits, or any other valuable, experience-proven recommendations, reads, or general thoughts we should take into account?

I speak a little French, and both of us a little Spanish (enough to survive, not thrive), but are looking forward to some of the more quaint & less-visited locations. If that helps with suggestions or advice.

Forgot something in the original post - we are (aiming to be) small-budget cruisers

Thanks in advance, look forward to the recommendations & suggestions!
V&R
SY Esperanza
Tractor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
France, Spain