Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-07-2017, 00:04   #16

Boat: wanting a cat
Re: Cruising Turkey in 2017

After this earthquake, I think all bets are off, Yeloya, I hope you are ok....

meatservo
meatservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 00:19   #17
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Marmaris is OK, looks like it was felt stronger between Kos and Bodrum but no casuality in Turkey, couple of deaths reported in Kos. Turkish TV 's reported 30 cm of tsunami

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 15:01   #18

Hi Yeloya,
I am looking for an 8 month price for my catamaran.
She is 48ft LOS and 26ft beam.
What is the marina like you are staying in Turkey.
What is the name so I can Google it.
Cheers
Elli
MEKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 15:09   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEKA View Post
Hi Yeloya,
Cheers
Elli
Here is his website......http://www.offshore-sailing.net
Old 27-03-2018, 15:55   #20

Many thanks
MEKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 22:22   #21
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEKA View Post
Hi Yeloya,
Cheers
Elli
Hi Elli, we are based in Albatros marina but have special arrangement and agreements with many other marinas in Marmaris area.
If you PM me yr estimated arrival and departure dates, whether you need an haul out, wintering, extensive refit/maintenence or not, etc. I can send to you the options which would suit yr needs the best and their prices.

Cheers

Yeloya
Old 28-03-2018, 00:28   #22

Boat: Bavaria 40 Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyp0808 View Post
Hi Yeloya

Below are the costs for my cat in various marina in Turkey this year.

These prices were gathered in March this year, mostly via emails to the marinas, some vua online calculator.

In the marinas I have stayed at so far, this reflects what I have paid. In some marinas, there is an extra charge for electricity and gas.

Antalya
Setur Marina € 148

Kemer
G Marina Keme € 97

Finike
Finike Marina € 94

Kas
Kas Marina € 112

Fethiye
Yes Marina € 140
Ece Marina € 183

Göcek
D-Marin Göcek € 165
Skopea Marina € 106
Village Port € 112
Gocek Exclusive € 123

Marmaris
Netsel Marmaris € 168
Marmaris Yat € 70

Orhaniye
Martı Marina € 187

Gökova
Gökova Ören € 170

Bodrum
Bodrum Marina € 239
GULLUK MARINA € 143

Turgutreis
D Marin € 165

Palmarina
Palmarina € 216

Port Iasos
Port Iasos € 110

Didim
D Marin € 133

Kuşadası
Setur Marina € 140

Teos
Teos Marina € 125

Çeşme
Setur Çeşme € 174
Çeşme Marina € 177

Ayvalık
Setur Marina € 158
Those prices are crazy, if that is pr.night I will end up never visit any marina in Turkey. Sorry to say it but that is not hospitality, that is a rip of and that is coming from someone who lives in one of the most expensive country in the W.
From Norway you can book a stay for a week with hotel, flight and if you are lucky food for €150. I really hope it is a calculation error here.
Barbaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 00:46   #23
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

These are the prices that Antony has paid for his Lagoon 450. He stayed with us and he paid much less than those prices, if I recall correctly. Meanwhile, these are last year prices and this year eveyone has reduced the prices to certain degree. If you need a berthing around MArmaris let me know, I can send to you a quotation.

Cheers

Yeloya
Old 28-03-2018, 01:28   #24

Thanks Yeloya, I really hope there is some marinas with prices far below that. We have a regular Bavaria 40 and are working class people, not Bill Gates .
We start our journey in 2019 so we have some time to decide where to go and where not to go. It would be a loss not to visit Turkey, but we will not support what we think is Wild West pricing.
Old 28-03-2018, 01:47   #25
Marine Service Provider

Thanks a lot for all the informations. Hope the situation will get better.

So overall, so you think the situation will get more dangerous ? Even if it seems that the war in Syria and the migrant crisis is just starting to get better than in 2017, Erdogan's policy is hard to identify.

What will the 2017's sailing season will look like in Turkey ?
aye-aye-captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 09:07   #26

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

We bought our boat in turkey, and got fairly screwed by Ece Marina in Fethiye. Never going back there. We just spent 5 months in the beautiful Limassol Marina in Cyprus for almost the same amount Ece charged for 6 weeks..

Heading to Turkey next week for a couple months cruising, so will advise what we see. Well, after a stop-off in Marmaris with Yeola's crew for some maintenance. Highly recommend them..

We plan to stay well away from Marinas after that. The charges in Turkey for marina's are ridiculous.

Hopefully they don't start charging for anchoring in bays / off towns !. (Like Croatia)

Mark.
Catapault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 22:23   #27

Boat: 73´ULDB custom ketch

Turkey is still a safe place for cruising. I find very little change in Turkey over the last 5 years, except of course it is less crowded in season. Of course, Marina prices are very high, comparable to the Riviera in some places, but you can still find mooring at "reasonable" rates. Reasonable means more than 2 times what you pay in a professional marina in Sweden, but that is the Med. The sunshine is not free.

To compensate many things are cheap in Turkey, like transportation and food. Some boat equipment also, and some not so... And for me, I can get help when I need it at reasonable rates. I stay with Yelovas guys in Marmaris at the moment, and I think it will be hard to find more helpful and skilled persons.

And Turkey is a beautiful and friendly country with very much to see.
MartinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2018, 02:54   #28

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates

We have sailed more of Turkey than most people - sailing from Kusadasi up to Istanbul and across the Black Sea to Hopi before returning to Kusadasi - the only part we have not sailed is the southern coast and will do that this summer = from Marmaris south as far as we can go -
Turkey has great people and good sailing. The food is inexpensive, medical is excellent quick and inexpensive, travel is very easy, the history is beyond anything you can think of = I mean Noah park the Ark here, work on your boat is excellent depending on where you are - customs, immigration and getting a residence is fairly straight forward and painless -
But the best are the people who are simply outstanding
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2018, 08:18   #29

I am sure Turkey is a great place to sail and stay, I would love to come visit by boat also. Cruisers have always said that sailing is cheaper the more east in the Med you go. Based on the prices seen here that statement seems no longer completely true?

We all have different cruising budget and what we value to see for our hard earned money. After experiencing life for some time we have a pretty good idea of where you are welcome and where you are not. Governments and marina owners making regulations overly difficult and prices high do not make our kind of sailers feel very welcome. Nice people and experiences usually do not cost much if anything. Others think that 200€ per night in a marina is good value. The smile you see is probably a laugh on your behalf because everyone knows it is a rip-off . We don’t like that kind of smile.

So where to go in the Mediterranean to make you budget last longer and don’t miss out on the fun in the sun?
Old 29-03-2018, 08:23   #30

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaria View Post
I am sure Turkey is a great place to sail and stay, I would love to come visit by boat also. Cruisers have always said that sailing is cheaper the more east in the Med you go. Based on the prices seen here that statement seems no longer completely true?

We all have different cruising budget and what we value to see for our hard earned money. After experiencing life for some time we have a pretty good idea of where you are welcome and where you are not. Governments and marina owners making regulations overly difficult and prices high do not make our kind of sailers feel very welcome. Nice people and experiences usually do not cost much if anything. Others think that 200€ per night in a marina is good value. The smile you see is probably a laugh on your behalf because everyone knows it is a rip-off . We don’t like that kind of smile.

So where to go in the Mediterranean to make you budget last longer and don’t miss out on the fun in the sun?
Go to Turkey, just don't go to marinas there !. (well, except Yeola's !) The anchor is your best friend for low-cost cruising through the season.

I think this applies most places. If you're a marina-cruiser it is going to cost a LOT more than living on the hook.

Occasionally marina's are unavoidable, but I think with care they can be minimized.

Caveat. We are only off on year 2 of cruising, but that is our plan this year.

Regards

Mark.
Catapault is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, Turkey