Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 07:02   #46

Boat: Sunbeam 44
Re: Croatia Cruising Permit and Sojourn Tax?

Read post 316 - Croatia EU VAT - New Advice!? - Page 32
d4raffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 13:24   #47

But what to do now. Is there a problem that to much boats will come to Croatia. Next month we go to Croatia to make the papers ok. I don't know what we have for problems to stay in Croatia.
The answer of sailabroad is clear but there are a lot of boats that will register in Croatia and the harbor master office is to busy for all that boats. Our boat is from may 2013 into croatia. normaly the papers are ok before 18 months are passed.
Please keep me inform when another boat make the papers ok.
frankpottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:26   #48

I have had contact with the harbor master office in Zadar and they say to me that it can be done in the office. We don't need an agent to arrange the papers. They want to see licence, pasport of owner, boat papers, VAT papers, Insurance of boat, country of registration. So I hope this is correct and we can do it in a sort time when we are in Croatia.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:14   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpottel View Post
I have had contact with the harbor master office in Zadar and they say to me that it can be done in the office. We don't need an agent to arrange the papers. They want to see licence, pasport of owner, boat papers, VAT papers, Insurance of boat, country of registration. So I hope this is correct and we can do it in a sort time when we are in Croatia.
Frank - is this to pay your Permit and Sojourn Tax ? or to do your EU customs clearance ? or both ?
Old 12-02-2014, 08:21   #50
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

They may be a mixup here, many people with boats in Croatia, were last year, using the accession of Croatia to get access to a cheap (5%) VAT concession. You had to register your boat as coratian, and then pay the reduced VAT and the boat was good for the whole EU. That date has passed and now full VAT is applied as per other countries
Old 12-02-2014, 12:27   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
They may be a mixup here, many people with boats in Croatia, were last year, using the accession of Croatia to get access to a cheap (5%) VAT concession. You had to register your boat as coratian, and then pay the reduced VAT and the boat was good for the whole EU. That date has passed and now full VAT is applied as per other countries
Please read post #45 & #46 (which links to a post from a Croatian Marine Expert)

I have my boat in Croatia for 5 years now and went thru the 5 % VAT scheme during accession (BTW. you did not have to register your boat as Croatian). You are correct - this option has now passed and you must pay standard rate VAT. I have regularly got my Vignette and paid Sojourn (Tourist) Tax at the Harbour Office - no Problem.

There is something else happening in Croatia at the moment. I think it is applicable for EU VAT already paid in another EU country (before 7/13) boats that were held in 'Croatian Temporary Import' (remember Croatia was not in the EU and had it own customs laws). These boats now have to go through some customs process which i understand requires a Forwarder. - I think this is what Franks Marina was trying to tell Frank. My Marina is also saying the same thing. The Croatians refer to this as putting the boat into 'circulation'. This process is about as clear as mud !

The new Permit and Sojourn Tax is still purchased from the Harbour office - its the 'circulation' process that i understood could not be done in this way - this was my question to Frank.

I hope this is now clear - and i will stop chipping in - as, as far as i know, this 'circulation' process is not applicable to me - only others.

I guess we will find out when Frank returns from Croatia and 'spills the beans' !

Out.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:54   #52

Absolute, the man in de harbor master office in Zadar told me nothing more then what I first write. Normaly I would take an agent but the price is to much (250 euro)for only the papers.
This is the conversation with the agent.

I have a question about the permit for our sailing yacht. You send information what we have to do to get the permit for sailing in Croatia. Our boat is lying in de marina oliveisland-marina on the island of Uglian. Last year we come from the Netherlands to Croatia and we have buy a permit to stay in Croatia for 1 year. Is this no longer ok and what we have to do now??, we want to stay for more years in Croatia. Our sailing yacht is a seagoing vessel and is registered in the Netherlands. The vat of the vessel is paid in France where we buy the boat, boat is from the year 2012. The boat is a private boat and no charter boat. Of course we have the accounts associated with these and can we prove that VAT is paid.
It is a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 44i and is declared for navigation zone A(unlimited navigation – ocean). Can you tell me please what we have to do now, the information you send is not clear for us what to do now.
Is there a form T2L document (and where can I find this) that we must fill is so that we can stay in Croatia.

answer of agent

Can you sand me CE certificat of your boat ...
Best Regards !

question from agent

Hi Mr Frank !

You must finishing temperaly import in Croatia only with custom declaration...
You don't pay any taxes and VAT but you must pay some paper (services) custom declaration and we doo this...
You can sand me copy of flag certificat but only with stamped of the notar public other papers cam must be in copy...
If you have design category "A" you don't make T2L document, CE certificat is OK for custom...
And when you finishing this operation then you are legaly stay in Croatia..
You only pay my services about 350 EUR+VAT and after we finishing I sand my invoice...
Best Regards !

conversatio with agent

Hi Mr Frank !

I tell you what you must to do for custom temporaly import..
You must to do custom declaration, this is the price of vinjete and if you want registration your boat on Croatian flag but you can stay on your flag...
Please I work in spedition no't in harbour master's and I now what you must to do for custom operation...

this was the end because I think the money is to much.
Old 13-02-2014, 02:06   #53

Quote:
this was the end because I think the money is to much.
Frank - you need to do 2 things ...

1. From what i understand - IF - you are going to do this Customs 'Free Circulation Process' you need a Forwarder (Agent) and you will have to pay for his services. - unless he will do it for free.

As part of this process you need to :
  • To show VAT paid - You have VAT papers - so that is OK.
  • To show EU Origin - you need a T2L or an EUR1 ? (but your Agent says CE Cert) ?

But I can't see what is stopping you checking out of Croatia, going for a short sail and then checking back in. This way you would not need a Forwarder ? - could be wrong.

2. The 1 year Cruising Permit and Sojourn Tax you can do yourself (with the correct ships papers) at the Harbour Master Office.

Hope thats clear - good luck
Old 09-04-2014, 02:19   #54

Hello,

This weekend we where in Croatia and we go to the harbor masters office for the vignet for the year 2014. The big question was howmuch I must pay for the permit and what we need for papers.
We must pay 718 kuna for the year 2014, last year we must pay 1300 kuna. So I can say that we must pay less then the year 2013.
This is exlusif tourist tax because we have to pay in July this year, you can still pay for the boat and not per person.
Also the crewlist is gone, and jou can chance crewmembers ulimited, this is what the harbor master in Zadar told me. The paper what we have received from the harbor master was the same as last year, there where a few other items on the form.

I hope nothing remain and we do it right.

regards,
Frank.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:22   #55

Boat: Oyster 435

I have just bought a UK registered boat that is lying in Croatia. The vignette is valid until June. Does anyone know if I am ok being on the old system until the vignette expires then paying the updated dues at that time or should i go to the harbour master next time I am there to update the papers?
p8ete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:41   #56

Location: Adriatic and Inland France (summer); New Forest, UK (winter)
Boat: Oyster 435 cutter-rigged ketch and Nowee 38 motor yacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ete View Post
I have just bought a UK registered boat that is lying in Croatia. The vignette is valid until June. Does anyone know if I am ok being on the old system until the vignette expires then paying the updated dues at that time or should i go to the harbour master next time I am there to update the papers?
You don't need to pay the new circulation tax until the existing vignette expires.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:45   #57

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4raffy View Post
Frank - you need to do 2 things ...

1. From what i understand - IF - you are going to do this Customs 'Free Circulation Process' you need a Forwarder (Agent) and you will have to pay for his services. - unless he will do it for free.

As part of this process you need to :
  • To show VAT paid - You have VAT papers - so that is OK.
  • To show EU Origin - you need a T2L or an EUR1 ? (but your Agent says CE Cert) ?

But I can't see what is stopping you checking out of Croatia, going for a short sail and then checking back in. This way you would not need a Forwarder ? - could be wrong.

2. The 1 year Cruising Permit and Sojourn Tax you can do yourself (with the correct ships papers) at the Harbour Master Office.

Hope thats clear - good luck
ok as an American boat we can do everything at the harbor masters office?? yes - no -- any idea how much
we will be sailing Croatia this summer -
thanks
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:31   #58

No problem, you can al do it at the harbors master office. How long in your boat, our sailingyacht is 13,75 meters. We must pay 718 kuna for 1 year.

Frank.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:08   #59

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates

Quote:
No problem, you can al do it at the harbors master office. How long in your boat, our sailingyacht is 13,75 meters. We must pay 718 kuna for 1 year.

Frank.

Frank -- thanks -- we are 12.2m so a bit less --
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:53   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckr View Post
ok as an American boat we can do everything at the harbor masters office?? yes - no -- any idea how much
we will be sailing Croatia this summer -
thanks
Yep - as a new vessel entering Croatia now - you can do it in the Harbour Office.
Here is the calc Sea-Help - Ihr Pannendienst auf See (use google translate)

(the 'free circulation process' is only for EU VAT paid vessels already in Croatia as it joined the EU - that needs an Agent) - this is not you ...

Tags
Croatia, cruising, permit, croatia