Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2013, 22:48   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49
Re: CROATIA CRUISING PERMIT AND SOJOURN TAX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrejv View Post
Article 7 states, what documents have to have aboard for the controls:

- Proof that the dues and the Sojourn tax has been paid. Till 2014 the payment of a Vignette is valid.
- Evidence of Seaworthiness
- evidence that the master or skipper of the craft holds the required certificate of competency
- evidence that the craft has been insured against damage
- proof of ownership or evidence as to the person who is assigned by the owner to use the Craft
Does this mean that one of the requirements is a recent survey report?
Is this a current regulation for Croatian boats and if so, what are they currently accepting as evidence of "Seaworthiness"?

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:46   #17

Boat: Bavaria Cruiser 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Does this mean that one of the requirements is a recent survey report?
Is this a current regulation for Croatian boats and if so, what are they currently accepting as evidence of "Seaworthiness"?
Normaly this is a proof that boat is registred in your country, and has a date of expiration of the registration on it.

Something like registration certificate in cars.
andrejv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 02:08   #18

Location: Adriatic and Inland France (summer); New Forest, UK (winter)
Boat: Oyster 435 cutter-rigged ketch and Nowee 38 motor yacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrejv View Post
Normaly this is a proof that boat is registred in your country, and has a date of expiration of the registration on it.

Something like registration certificate in cars.
Andrejv, can you advise me whether the authorities are strict about the requirement for a Certificate of Competence for private (as opposed to charter) yacht skippers? They weren't the last time we were in Croatia in 2004-5 and so far I've never been asked for one in twelve years in the Med.

GORDON
Old 21-08-2013, 02:13   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by athene View Post
Andrejv, can you advise me whether the authorities are strict about the requirement for a Certificate of Competence for private (as opposed to charter) yacht skippers? They weren't the last time we were in Croatia in 2004-5 and so far I've never been asked for one in twelve years in the Med.

GORDON
Normally they don't ask for it, unless there is a special check of all documents. In last 10 years I had to show the document twice.

But in my opinion it's not wise to try to sail in Croatia without it.
Old 21-08-2013, 03:34   #20
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Charter vessels!

Quote:

GORDON
You will be asked to show a full list of documents on entering. There's a special note about nations which don't require certificates of competence for their flag yachts skippers - those skippers must have a certificate anyway!

See second paragraph quotes the rules as they'll be implemented from 1 Jan 2014 in Croat, but I've put a Google translate version there as well. See Article 3.
jckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 03:45   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jckb View Post
You will be asked to show a full list of documents on entering. There's a special note about nations which don't require certificates of competence for their flag yachts skippers - those skippers must have a certificate anyway!.
I enter in Croatia at least 3 times per year on a boat, but they never ask me for the Certificate. They check the insurance and some other papers, but not the certificate. This also depends in which port you enter. Smaller ports tend to be more friendly. I normally enter in Istria (north). But coming from south the only options is Cavtat, and there are more thorough.

But yes, I wouldn't dare to go without the certificate. Their officials can be really bitchy.
Old 21-08-2013, 04:08   #22
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Charter vessels!

Fair enough. My knowledge is of Dubrovnic (and being fined for not entering at Cavtat!), Cavtat and Lastovo.
jckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:38   #23

Hello to all,

a few days ago Croatian goverment published a draft of special act, wich will regulate the dues for the foreign yachts entering Croatia.

Ministarstvo pomorstva, prometa i infrastrukture - Press - Otvorena savjetovanja (in Croatian)

Important things:

Dues are same for all the boats, regardless they are Croatian, Eu or rest of the world flaged. Dues are paid for calendar year.

For yachts shorter of 40 metres and with engines with less than 3000 kW power, the dues will be calculated by this formula:

20L+2*Puk

where L is lenght in metres and Puk the power of the engine(s) in kW.

Per example: Bavaria Cruiser 34, lenght 10.7 metra, engine 20.1 Kw = 20*10,7 + 2*20,1 = 254,2 Kune (33 Eur)

This is a real bargain against the dues before... but p.e. a 12 m motor yach with 300 kW will pay 840 kunas (110 Eur).
Old 09-12-2013, 08:46   #24

Brilliant, Andrejv - thanks for that. We're heading up to Croatia next year to avoid the new punitive Greek cruising tax and that's just the information I wanted.

I fully expect it to cost us quite a bit more to cruise Croatia than Greece, but at least you're paying for the mostly excellent facilities and not to bail out twenty years of government incompetence!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:38   #25

Just one thing, Andrejv. Is this a new tax, e.g. does it fit in alongside the navigation and lighthouse dues and the sojourn tax, or does it replace one or more of the other taxes?
Old 16-12-2013, 02:21   #26

Latest information suggests that the new Navigation, safety and pollution prevention fee for cruising in Croatian waters is intended to replace all the existing taxes for foreign, EU-registered and Croatian-flagged yachts, thus putting all yachts on the same basis. Although a one-off annual fee, discounts are available for yachts continuing to cruise Croatia in subsequent years.

The tax is still, however, additional to the Sojourn tax, although the latter tax can be paid for periods as short as eight days, whereas the Navigation, safety and pollution prevention fee is a fee for the calendar year payable on entry into Croatian waters.

For a full summary of these charges, see the entry for Croatia on the World Cruising and Sailing Wiki (Croatia - a Cruising Guide on the World Cruising and Sailing Wiki).
Old 16-12-2013, 05:25   #27
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

its all getting pricey round them neck of the woods, I like the western med more and more.

I mean that navigation tax is 240 euros for a 12m boat , plus the sojourn and then the high mooring and anchorage fees. Goose, precious metal and death come to mind.

dave
Old 16-12-2013, 06:30   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
its all getting pricey round them neck of the woods, I like the western med more and more.

I mean that navigation tax is 240 euros for a 12m boat , plus the sojourn and then the high mooring and anchorage fees. Goose, precious metal and death come to mind.

dave
I think the new navigation tax should only amount to around HRK300 (€40) for a typical 12 metre yacht (if you've read the table of charges in the 'Information for Boaters', note that it refers to the old navigation fees rather than the new ones, which are calculated according to the formula Andrej detailed in an earlier posting). Having said that, the Sojourn tax would add a further €144 for that size of yacht - assuming one wanted to stay for a year - a total of around €184 for 12 months' cruising.

Leaving aside the costs of harbour moorings and anchor buoys (where you're basically paying for the facilities provided rather than the privilege of being there), Croatia is suddenly beginning to appear a lot cheaper to cruise than Greece from 2014 onwards - assuming there are no substantial changes to the new Greek cruising tax.
Old 16-12-2013, 08:40   #29
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
I think the new navigation tax should only amount to around HRK300 (€40) for a typical 12 metre yacht (if you've read the table of charges in the 'Information for Boaters', note that it refers to the old navigation fees rather than the new ones, which are calculated according to the formula Andrej detailed in an earlier posting). Having said that, the Sojourn tax would add a further €144 for that size of yacht - assuming one wanted to stay for a year - a total of around €184 for 12 months' cruising.

Leaving aside the costs of harbour moorings and anchor buoys (where you're basically paying for the facilities provided rather than the privilege of being there), Croatia is suddenly beginning to appear a lot cheaper to cruise than Greece from 2014 onwards - assuming there are no substantial changes to the new Greek cruising tax.
Using the very clear http://www.marinadalmacija.hr/en/pdf...ers%202013.pdf

its about 1750 Kunas for the new tax and around 500Kuna for the Sojurn max of 30 days for a 12m. upto a maximum of 1100 , leaving you a total tax running from around 2500Kuna to nearly 3000Kuna ( $433 - 541), then add those expensive marina and anchorage rates
Old 16-12-2013, 09:04   #30

From 1 April 2014 a navigation safety and pollution prevention fee will be levied on foreign vessels. The amount will vary according to the vessel's length and engine power, and will be levied on the calendar year basis, irrespective of the length of time the vessel sails in Croatian territorial sea and inland sea waters.

Tags
Croatia, cruising, permit, croatia