Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2015, 01:05   #1

Canary Islands- Caribbean?

Hi ,I'm Martin 25 year old Swede

Greetings from Gibraltar,
Firstly Thank you for taking the time to read this. i appreciate you doing so.As the title were saying "part of" do not mean for a lazy laid back trip on the ocean!

So once again, I'm Martin I recently finished my stcw95 ,which is great! However , I'm now spending my days doing some day work on a yacht in the marina and I have met lot of friendly happy sailors that will begin their crossing in the coming days, unfortunately full. But they told me to give it a try here ,in case there will be someone doing a crossing or heading to the Canary Islands . Are you the one?

No .. I'm not a homeless hippie that wanna take advantage of your voyage for free.
There are several reason why I wanna do a crossing.
1:So I start off by saying, no im not expert sailor but I would like to get more experience/miles and become one! Its always been easier for me to learn the practical way ,by watching and be part of it.

2:On "the other side" I will have a greater chance to get more day work that hopefully will lead to a part/full time work ,so I can get a more substantial income and be able to continue with sailing courses!

To once make it clear I'm not asking to just sit back and watch you sail, I would more then happy to help you out, do any duties that can make your trip more relaxed . Now you belive I won't make it easier, probably just be in the way since we're will be sharing a small area and sometimes maybe in critical moments. But I can promise that I will change your mind after you've seen that I am capable of helping you out from being part of your trip.

Me ..as a person are very social (if you want me to shut I'll shut ) , I'm an organized person, like to have things in order. I'm a fast learner and a good listener. Can cook tasty eatable food, very practical person. I wanna get things done in the best way possible.

I love the ocean , after growing up along the coast it's hard not to. Been scuba diving in Indonesia, SE Asia, surfing with dolphins in Australia, cliff jumped /cave exploring anywhere I can etc.

I like to explore, travel and to be part of adventures. Caribbean is high up on my list.

Since I finished school I have been working at Meson AB. The Meson Group is one of the leading suppliers of valves, valve-systems and services with high-technology content to companies in the marine industry.

My long term goal is to become more involved in the marine industry. After gaining more expertise within the yacht industry I will frequently do courses and work hard to climb the ladder.

I have a great appreciation and sense of adventure, which translates into my desire to be part of the marine industry. I’ve been exposed to unfamiliar environments and learnt to thrive and adjust under pressure. I believe a high level of flexibility and communication skills has made me a well-rounded and ambitious person.

Dream is to one day be like you; own my boat and sail around with friendly people. Trying to teach and share the love of the ocean with others.

I'm willing to pay for some expenses and please let me /give me any duties you can which could enhance my experiences.

I gladly send you more information/cv to give you a second thought. I do have other skills that can come handy!

So could you be the one?

Once again ,Thank you for reading all this, hope to hear from you. And I can get to your location!
Best regards Martin!
Martinagnvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:45   #2

Boat: Kadey Krogen '42
Re: Canary Islands- Caribbean?

Martin,

good luck. You have a bold plan and I like it.
While i will not be doing the trip you want this year, keep watching where Dauntless is at any given time.
From April 2016 to Aug 2018 we will be slowing moving westward.

You can mail me at DauntlessNY gmail
Dauntlessny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 22:30   #3

Re: Canary Islands- Caribbean?

Cheers, it's hard . But if I don't try I won't success.

I'll have my eyes open for you
Hope to see you in Caribbean
Martinagnvall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, rib