Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2020, 08:38   #91

Boat: 2012 Lagoon 400
Re: Buying a boat in Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehtor View Post
Hello guys, very nice information in this topic.

Could anyone advice on the paperwork and authorizations needed to buy a sailboat in Croatia? I won't be able to attend personally.

We are a family from Chile. We already have a shortlist of three boats that are being surveyed by Mr. Srecko Favro, who is very professional and made all the coordinations possible.

As soon as we decide on one of the boats, should we appoint a buyer's broker for the paperwork or just keep the seller's? We will need someone to sail her to Montenegro and back for the temporary admission to the EU as well, have anyone experience something similar and could suggest a person to do that?

Thank you!!

Hi Rehtor
We purchased our Catamaran in Split Croatia from a broker and Dr Srecko Favro was the Assessor that i contracted! using a Broker was really helpful but my situation was very complicated and the broker made it very easy! we were a bit disappointed with Favro after we found out info after the whole deal was done. If you PM me i can elaborate some more.
The paper work and a skipper will be arranged by the agent but i can give you names and details of who we used if you like!
Sailing Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:50   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailing Knight View Post
Hi Rehtor
We purchased our Catamaran in Split Croatia from a broker and Dr Srecko Favro was the Assessor that i contracted! using a Broker was really helpful but my situation was very complicated and the broker made it very easy! we were a bit disappointed with Favro after we found out info after the whole deal was done. If you PM me i can elaborate some more.
The paper work and a skipper will be arranged by the agent but i can give you names and details of who we used if you like!
Thank you!! I will PM you asap.
Rehtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:08   #93

I've heard from a few Croatian skippers and marina staff that "side deals" are extremely common in Croatia. So the surveyor knows the broker, they agree to a commission if the deal gets through / not many problems are found... same with many moorings, you either book online and pay the official price or you pay the marina staff directly half the price.

Saw it happen only once, but talked to some people this Summer during my week sailing in Croatia.
Simon.Sails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:21   #94

Thank you Simon!

Could anyone recommend me a buyer's broker in Croatia to help me with the paperwork and registration?

Thank you!
Rehtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2020, 00:38   #95
Marine Service Provider

Boat: bavaria 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehtor View Post
Thank you Simon!

Could anyone recommend me a buyer's broker in Croatia to help me with the paperwork and registration?

Thank you!
where in croatia,what town
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 07:11   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-Sailor View Post
Hi bellasailor. Yes I ended up buying a Bavaria 40 in Croatia, directly from a Charter company - Dream Yacht charters Who I would highly recommend. It cost me AU$67,000 and I am very happy with her.

When I viewed the boat in February they indicated it would be made ‘charter teady’ ... this meant The engine serviced, the sail drive serviced, I variety of different elements I picked up such as a leaking porthole repaired etc. and they did everything they said they would ... and more.

I can recommend getting in touch with Jerry Jacob at DYC to enquire as to what boats they may have available

gerry.jacob@dreamyachtcharter.com

They are one of the biggest yacht charter companies in the world

I am in fact sitting in a cafe in Greece at the moment LOL. We have a Facebook page blogging what we have been getting up to if you care to view:

https://Facebook.com/livinglostura

I had a good experience with Almissani before I found my boat But yes, I would stay away from Selymar. Even the surveyor who I mentioned earlier in the thread (and can recommend) Peter had bad experiences with them. Others over here from the Facebook group called ‘Med Sailng’ (you should join) also said to stay away from them.

Best of luck in your search and fair winds... let me know how you go!!

Congrats to your Bavaria 40! Very nice boat. It seems that there are a lot of this type in Croatia. How old is yours and did you have to fix something or was everything ok? (sorry, maybe you already answered this in some other post, haven't seen it maybe).
Izon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 14:56   #97

Boat: soon a Moody DS 54...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomaz473 View Post
You are right. I acknowledge my mistake. I forgot about Switzerland and Norway. They are exception based on previous agreements those two countries had with some other EU states. And both are developed countries and EU had large economic interes to have them in.
Regarding Montenegro joining Shengen: This is very theoretical possibility. Montenegro lacks existing trade and custom agreements with major EU states to push for Shengen. New states wanting to join EU normaly frst join EU and then try to get into Shengen agreement.
also Iceland its NOT in the EU, but they belongs to Schenghen agreement
BigNurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, Croatia