Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2022, 13:17   #1

Question Buyer's Broker In Europe? [First Boat]

Hey all,

Can anyone recommend a buyer's broker in Europe / Med?

I've been searching, checking sailing cruisers by myself but have found the experience quite hard, specially in some places (Portugal, Spain) where survey's, sea trials are not common practice and met with reluctance.

I've contacted a buyer's broker, but was told that they only accept work for where the boat's start asking price is 100k+. (Mine tops around 70max for now)

I would be willing to travel and buy it anywhere in the EU and hire someone to deliver it (even assisted delivery).

Can anyone give me some tips or know a buyer's broker willing to work within my budget?

Thanks a million for reading
ehanoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2022, 10:14   #2

Boat: Looking
Re: Buyer's Broker In Europe? [First Boat]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanoc View Post
I've contacted a buyer's broker, but was told that they only accept work for where the boat's start asking price is 100k+.

Whom did you contact and did you have any reason to believe they are good? I might be looking for a ~400k boat soon. Sorry, i cannot help you. I think I've seen the user goboatingnow speak highly of brokers as a profession so he/she might have some recommendations.
Freeeeedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2022, 12:21   #3
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Buyer's Broker In Europe? [First Boat]

A buyers broker is unusual in Europe for anything under 500k. ( a friend just bought an oyster without a buyers brokers) generally you will have to pay the buyers broker yourself.

I can’t recommend anyone particular in that area. But I don’t agree there is any issue with surveys or sea trials. You sign a purchase agreement and proceed in the normal way to survey and then sea trails.

There arnt specific buyers brokers , you can just contact a broker and see if they are interested. The market is hot now and brokers are busy and may not be interested

Again I see no reason for a buyers broker.

What specific issues are you having

Tags
boat, broker, Europe, rope