Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2019, 12:06   #1

Boat: Catalina 34
Broker advice in Greece and Croatia - help please

Hi there – I am a long time reader of this forum. Great source of information – thank you.

I am hoping to buy a boat in the med and am looking for some help. We are thinking of a 40-45 Ben/Jenn in Greece or Croatia with a view to have her ready to go next summer. We are coming from Canada and are planning to travel for some boat shopping in a couple of months.

Specifically:
1. Boat broker recommendations in the Ionian to represent us as a buyer? I have checked out the ABYA listings and see a few but know nothing about them.
2. Boat broker recommendations in Croatia? ABYA doesn’t list any in Croatia.
3. Any experience with Selymar in Croatia – they seem to have a lot of listings but no website?
4. Will a broker show you boats listed with other brokerages or only their own? Not sure how the commission systems works over there, etc…
5. How do you recommend protecting yourself at the end of the transaction to ensure you get all the documentation you need – from what I have read, it sounds like you hand the money over prior to the seller de-registering? What happens if the seller is then slow or not motivated to de-register?

Also, I have searched the forum and seen a few comments about brokers but I am looking to get current information, if possible.

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Seaglass40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Croatia, Greece, lease