Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-12-2019, 11:14   #316
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: BREXIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarian View Post
No wonder we Scots want to leave after reading this forum it nearly got as bad as those on YBW .
It is for the Scottish people to decide , let us decide and move on , like the last time when we all got back to the pub after the independence ref, and laughed with our remainers
England after Brexit referendum , well what can I say what a nasty , ugly misleading, untrue, unprofessional bunch of jerks and that was just Parliament.

For those in the know (ME) Scotland has a large devolved parliament to the UK and has its own laws , schooling system, and NHS , I will not list the benefits we get more that those in England but it is extensive , and we can do more if the shackles of the London Elite let us go .
i can't stand that forum.....its full of whinging peasants!

hopefully after independence we will still be welcome for the annual haggis hunting season in scotland
Old 16-12-2019, 11:14   #317
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Atoll.. Food banks have been around for yonks..
I remember them in B'mth and Poole back in the 1980's, as for immigration problems, they came with the Blair open door policy of the 1990's.. "We cant create more native voters so lets import them instead".
The 5 million + influx has helped stretch the NHS to breaking point but hey... Can't be racist so lets blame old white twats.. they'll soon be dead and gone..
yep.. twwas amusing

Old 16-12-2019, 13:52   #318

I want to publicly thank Hartings for his informative post.

I really wanted to hear more about those opportunities the UK missed while in the EU and that will provide a golden future once out, but it seems nobody is willing to point them out for me.
Well the UK has chosen, and I am sure Mr. Johnson will deliver. Maybe not exactly how some of his supporters hope, but Brexit he will. Regardless of how it plays out one thing is for sure, future UK will not even remotley resemble todays one.
Old 16-12-2019, 13:57   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpi View Post
I really wanted to hear more about those opportunities the UK missed while in the EU and that will provide a golden future once out, but it seems nobody is willing to point them out for me.
Well the UK has chosen, and I am sure Mr. Johnson will deliver. Maybe not exactly how some of his supporters hope, but Brexit he will. Regardless of how it plays out one thing is for sure, future UK will not even remotley resemble todays one.

Yes... for leavers, is Brexit a step back to a glorious recent past, or to a new future?
Old 16-12-2019, 14:06   #320
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I want to publicly thank Hartings for his informative post.

You have had a smattering of opinions, and to be fair thats all you have, There is no single rationale for the vote to leave, various dissatisfactions, some very real complaints,

but the only two that stand ground in the end..no more immigrants on a large scale and the right to self rule... and variants on that.

I dont think Johnson was voted back for his good looks or any other reason than he would uphold Brexit, or said he will. I dont support him, he was the only one willing to do the job. None of the politicians have done a single thing s they said they would...... except Johnson. He rode the populist vote.

Will he deliver? probably not.. Nigel Farage doesnt think so but he sacrificed his party to get Brexit started, and he will ride Johnsons coat tails if he deviates.

There are strong opinions for and against, but adversity and "what we have" is something that Brits do well with.. Yep a lot of moaning but in the end we knuckle down and make it work.

We will make Britain stronger coz we aint got no blinking choice.

Old 16-12-2019, 14:18   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragglerock View Post
Approx 55% of British trade goes to the EU, with +- 15% to the US

I think worrying about how we trade with the EU is a bit more pressing than ensuring we get our chlorine chicken from the US!

United Kingdom’s Top Trading Partners
lol, I didn't realize people thought of the EU as a country.
That may explain one of the facets of Brexit.
Old 16-12-2019, 14:30   #322

Yep, and I asked for opinions because I tought someone pro-brexit could tell me why. If immigration and self rule are the reasons I accept them. How I stand towards them is irelevant since I am not a british subject.
To my knowledge Johnson promised only one brexit reated thing to the public, and that is that the country will leave the EU. I am sure he will keep that promise. He never said how it will be afterwards, if WTO, hard, soft or otherwise.
Other promises I am avare of are 50 000 nurses, 20 000 copers and a bright goden future.
Farage is dead after Brexit, the electoral system makes sure of that.
Old 16-12-2019, 14:41   #323
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post

It is not for Brussels to dictate how a country runs itself.... or is it?
They learnt it from the British English who had a great history of using the technique all around the globe.

Is the shoe now on the other foot

independence is a wonderful thing
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 16-12-2019, 14:45   #324
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

For thos that want to understand more on what went wrong with Europe for the Brits... see what Europeans think

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-went-wrong-eu
Old 16-12-2019, 14:47   #325
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
They learnt it from the British English who had a great history of using the technique all around the globe.

Is the shoe now on the other foot

independence is a wonderful thing
#

Nope. I mean yes Britain ruled the world once.... but there is a lot more behind Europe than that.

See above newspaper post
and not from brits.
Old 16-12-2019, 14:48   #326
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Yep, and I asked for opinions because I tought someone pro-brexit could tell me why. If immigration and self rule are the reasons I accept them. How I stand towards them is irelevant since I am not a british subject.
To my knowledge Johnson promised only one brexit reated thing to the public, and that is that the country will leave the EU. I am sure he will keep that promise. He never said how it will be afterwards, if WTO, hard, soft or otherwise.
Other promises I am avare of are 50 000 nurses, 20 000 copers and a bright goden future.
Farage is resting...
Old 16-12-2019, 15:03   #327

Boat: Discovery 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
For thos that want to understand more on what went wrong with Europe for the Brits... see what Europeans think

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-went-wrong-eu

This is a piece that specifically selects ‘disaffected Europeans’ views as they are relatively rarely heard. It is not representative of what ‘Europeans in general’ think which is what you imply by how you phrase your comment. Language is very important and very dangerous in the wrong hands.
Old 16-12-2019, 15:08   #328

Weavis really? There are eurosceptics in every EU country, just as there are racists, homofobics, religious zealots of all flavours, and so on. It's normal. In none of those countries did openly leave promoting parties got a majority. Nobody said the EU is perfect and it is in fact changeing and evolving.
Farage is not resting, he is put to rest. What will he campain on after the UK leaves? Leave some more?
Old 16-12-2019, 15:33   #329
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Weavis really? There are eurosceptics in every EU country, just as there are racists, homofobics, religious zealots of all flavours, and so on. It's normal. In none of those countries did openly leave promoting parties got a majority. Nobody said the EU is perfect and it is in fact changeing and evolving.
Farage is not resting, he is put to rest. What will he campain on after the UK leaves? Leave some more?
LOL.. you go from supplication for answers and then present us with definitives.
Farage has not finished. He will be back if Johnsons idea of Brexit does not conform to a Brexit. He is not interested in political office. He stood his party down to enable BREXIT. Right now Brexit is in the process of happening..........

Brexit has not happened yet.

He will be finished when Brexit is delivered properly.
Old 16-12-2019, 15:41   #330
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: BREXIT

Quote:
Immigration Control
Sovereignty
Control of our Armed Forces
Our Currency
Not becoming part of Schengen
As for Farage.. his next move may be to rename the Brexit Party to the Reform Party and rally the Leave vote who voted Tory because he asked and the many who voted for BP because they could not stomach voting Tory thus cutting Labours legs from under.
The Labour Party will take at least a decade to rinse away Corbynism and until they can do that they're a spent force.
LibDems will never be more than a home for the Fringe so the time is ripe for a new force in politics

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
Closed Thread

Tags
grass