Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-02-2012, 13:31   #1

Boat: Selene 59
Bodrum, Marmaris, Gocek/Fethiye

In a previous thread ("Turkey, Greece or Croatia"), I received some excellent feedback and as a result we will be heading for Turkey later this year and get a long term berth. I have read about the visa issue, but there appears options so I think we can make that work.

What I would ask of those who have cruised these areas is some more feedback on specific marinas/towns. Katiusha gave a very good report card for Yat Marin, Marmaris (together with a lot of other good info too), but I would like to get some more specific feedback on the Bodrum and Gocek areas if possible.

Yat Marin looks like a very good marina and prices are good, but from Google Earth it does seem to be a bit isolated. Any info would be appreciated

Cheers
Brownie
Buena Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 13:47   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: Bodrum, Marmaris, Gocek/Fethiye

kas marina is apparently doing a special 18month deal.
pm sy bebe for details
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 15:05   #3
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
kas marina is apparently doing a special 18month deal.
pm sy bebe for details
they quoted me 2 years for the price of one- if i sign up by June 1
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 16:09   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
they quoted me 2 years for the price of one- if i sign up by June 1
Thanks - do you have an email address for these guys? I tried the one on their web site enquiries@kasmarina.net but the email was undeliverable.

Cheers
Brownie
Old 20-02-2012, 16:22   #5
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena Vista View Post
Thanks - do you have an email address for these guys? I tried the one on their web site enquiries@kasmarina.net but the email was undeliverable.

Cheers
Brownie
Ümit Gölgeci [umitgolgeci@kasmarina.com.tr]
Old 20-02-2012, 17:03   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Ümit Gölgeci [umitgolgeci@kasmarina.com.tr]
Thanks Ram, I will try again. Do you know the marina? What is your opinion for leaving over winter?
Old 20-02-2012, 17:10   #7
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

ive stayed at the town qua, and not the marinia- but its new and the area has to be the best in Turkey-simply lovely- I will be spending some time there soon
Old 20-02-2012, 17:44   #8
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

It all depends on what yr priorities are: price, livier city, being close to the airport, technical capability of the marina/city, better sailing area ??
You cannot get all of them

Kas could probably the best in price but is min 2 hours drive to any airport and with limited technical services. It is also out of wind most of the time as meltemi doesn't go that far..
Bodrum marinas are quite pricey (Turgut Reis would be more reasonable), very lively and very close to Greek islands. Excellent sailing is guaranteed in the area with reliable winds and easy access to fabuleous Gokova bay where you can spend a year..
Marmaris best sailing area, best technical services but 70-80 min drive to the airport and a rather dead city in winter. (I live and work in there..)
So, yr call..

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 19:51   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
It all depends on what yr priorities are: price, livier city, being close to the airport, technical capability of the marina/city, better sailing area ??
You cannot get all of them

Kas could probably the best in price but is min 2 hours drive to any airport and with limited technical services. It is also out of wind most of the time as meltemi doesn't go that far..
Bodrum marinas are quite pricey (Turgut Reis would be more reasonable), very lively and very close to Greek islands. Excellent sailing is guaranteed in the area with reliable winds and easy access to fabuleous Gokova bay where you can spend a year..
Marmaris best sailing area, best technical services but 70-80 min drive to the airport and a rather dead city in winter. (I live and work in there..)
So, yr call..

Cheers

Yeloya
Thanks Yeloya. I think I am favouring Marmaris at this stage, being dead over winter is no concern as we will not be staying on the boat over winter. Can you comment on Yat Marin vs Netsel regarding facilities, security, protection against storms etc? I know Netsel is more expensive but if it is a better option, I would be prepared to pay more .... you get what you pay for!! As you are local, I would very much appreciate your comments.

Cheers
Brownie
Old 22-02-2012, 06:41   #10

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena Vista View Post
Thanks Yeloya. I think I am favouring Marmaris at this stage, being dead over winter is no concern as we will not be staying on the boat over winter. Can you comment on Yat Marin vs Netsel regarding facilities, security, protection against storms etc? I know Netsel is more expensive but if it is a better option, I would be prepared to pay more .... you get what you pay for!! As you are local, I would very much appreciate your comments.

Cheers
Brownie
Be sure and compare apples to apples.

Check Netsel prices and Yat Marin prices and compare carefully. I think you will find that Netsel's annual contract price includes lifting & splashing if you need a haulout, while at Yat Marin that will cost extra. Also, Netsel prices include electricity and water, while Yat Marin charges extra for both. And while Netsel is close enough to walk into town, at Yat Marin there will be dolmus charges. Not significant, but does add up over the course of a year.

Yat Marin is more protected than Netsel because it is tucked up so far in the bay. Doesn't protect from winds but seas don't reach back in there as roughly as in Netsel.

Judy
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 22:49   #11

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

For clarification, my previous posting was in error regarding the lifting and splashing being included in Netsel's annual contract. Thanks to the person who PM'd us that this might be in error. We confirmed (for the 3rd time) with Netsel and received a reply that clearly indicates that the lifting and launching will be at additional charge. The original email quote from Netsel read as follows:

The Mooring Fee, Lifting & Launching fee and hard standing fee for your yacht is as follows:

Length Over All : 16,00 m.
Beam Maximum : 4,60 m.

Mooring Fee For 365 Days : 6.850 EUR* ( 01/06/2012 – 01/06/2013 )
Stamp Tax For Mooring Fee : 57 EUR*

TOTAL :6.907 EUR*

Apparently someone forgot to include the charges for lifting and launching when Netsel provided this quote to us. It has now been clarified that Netsel will charge additional 890 Euro for this service. That is still less than the 1100 Euro we paid at Yat Marin last May.

Judy
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:55   #12

Boat: Privately Owned Boats

Very useful information - I am thinking of checking in at Alanya and working westwards so that when my 90 days are up I shall be able to go to Rhodes/Kos.
Navwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:03   #13
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Kos marina has A SPECAL IN June haul your boat and 10 days on the hard for 525 Euros, not far from Turkey-
Welcome Aboard Navwoman!
Old 09-03-2012, 23:41   #14

Boat: Oyster 435 - Miyagi Moon
Send a message via Skype™ to miyagimoon

Alanya, have quoted us for May/June 450Euro for lift out, jet wash, 7 days on land and lift back in.

We are 16.1m LOA.
miyagimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:57   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by svBeBe View Post
For clarification, my previous posting was in error regarding the lifting and splashing being included in Netsel's annual contract. Thanks to the person who PM'd us that this might be in error. We confirmed (for the 3rd time) with Netsel and received a reply that clearly indicates that the lifting and launching will be at additional charge. The original email quote from Netsel read as follows:

The Mooring Fee, Lifting & Launching fee and hard standing fee for your yacht is as follows:

Length Over All : 16,00 m.
Beam Maximum : 4,60 m.

Mooring Fee For 365 Days : 6.850 EUR* ( 01/06/2012 – 01/06/2013 )
Stamp Tax For Mooring Fee : 57 EUR*

TOTAL :6.907 EUR*

Apparently someone forgot to include the charges for lifting and launching when Netsel provided this quote to us. It has now been clarified that Netsel will charge additional 890 Euro for this service. That is still less than the 1100 Euro we paid at Yat Marin last May.

Judy
Were you on the dry at Yat Marin only for 7 days? We got quoted around 720 EUR for lift, wash, 7 days on the hard, and launch at Yat Marin in October 2011. We ended up paying more because we spent 3 months on the dry.

Yat Marin raised prices last June by some obsene percentage, but then dropped them again to a more reasonable level in September. Judy, maybe you came during that period...

Try to talk to Meliha at the office - she figures out the best deals and gives suggestions on the best way to setup your contract.
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote