Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2021, 13:47   #91

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
But perhaps one is missing the point as to vaccination and COVID prevention protocols, heart disease and cancer are not contagious, whereas SARS-CoV-2 is highly contagious. One can assist in mitigation of the virus, one can't mitigate others from heart or cancer. And there is no vaccine for heart disease or cancer, yet.
Well put! I can't fathom the people that refuse the vaccine. As I understand it, it does not keep you from getting it, just not as bad. I guess you can still be a carrier. If everyone had the vaccine the deaths would be far less.
Old 21-08-2021, 13:48   #92

Boat: Island Packet 40

And Gord, only drunks and the mentally disturbed regularly drive on the right hand side in Australia and the steering wheels in motor vehicles are on the right hand side.
Old 21-08-2021, 14:10   #93

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

@ RaymondR: ....wanting to add people from where one learned to drive on the "other" side of the rode. If you're tired, and it's a dirt track, the side you automatically want to turn to is the "wrong" side. I'm guilty of telling myself "think left" a lot.

In Massachusetts, the roundabouts go the other way, along with the traffic! Try that! Mmmph!

Ann
Old 21-08-2021, 14:15   #94

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
And Gord, only drunks and the mentally disturbed regularly drive on the right hand side in Australia
Don't forget visitors from the majority of the driving world who don't make the switch quickly enough.

Been there, done that!

Jim
Old 21-08-2021, 14:17   #95

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
AFAIK, all the demos are taking place in the various state capitals and none in any capitol.
You may of course, be attending a different demo (i.e. one in some capitol somewhere) but I think this is unlikely.
My error was in thinking I was in error.

Capitols properly refers to the city of a state in which the capitol is situated.

And capital is considered to represent the durable assets in a business, including but not limited to, the investment in real property, plant and equipment or intellectual assets.
Old 21-08-2021, 15:44   #96

Boat: Morgan Classic 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Its people acquiescing like this that will throw our children's and grandchildren's freedoms away - I get it, you just don't see it, but just because you do not see it does not mean it is not there.

But hey I guess some people get off on the buzz of being told what to do and where they can and can not go and what family and when they are allowed to see them, but not all of us are a fan of living under a permanent state of emergency.
No, it's the people who confuse personal desire with freedom who "will throw our children's and grandchildren's freedoms away".

But hey, I guess some people have lived such insular, affluent lives that they can't even recognize an emergency, let alone deal with one, certainly not one of this scale.

That you don't seem to realize that your actions, and those of others like you, could well actually make this state of emergency permanent, if the virus mutates into something truly horrific.

Who knows, perhaps the 'Omega' strain will beat AGW to the punch of planetary population reduction; obviously China, the Club of Rome, and the NWO's (among others) plan all along...
Old 21-08-2021, 16:07   #97

Boat: Jeanneau 41 DS

In the US there is a group of doctors called americanfrontlinedoctors ..listen to another point of view and educate yourself.. The FDA is about to approve a vaccine the under the government reporting system VAERS has killed 13000 in the US alone. The reason they do not endorse any early treatment is because by law the would have to end the emergency vaccine program. We use to pull off vaccine or drug if it killed more than 25 people.
Anyone wonders how an empoverished country like India and African continent has done so well after a rough start? India provides a kit with D C Zinc Hydroychloroquine and now Invermectin to everybody and rec early treatment. Doctors are being sensored if you talk about it. We have no freedom of ideas anymore in the US.
It is sad what is happening in Australia for a disease that rarely kills healthy people under 40. We are vaccinating pregnant women and children without knowing the ill effects. Sadly this is more about politicians...government...medical industrial complex maintaining and keeping power than about keeping us safe and healthy. Never thought I see the day that the Western democracies would treat their citizens like the old USSR or China.
People should look at Sweden and
US so called RED states...they are open and doing as well or better than these locked down countries and Blue states.
I have practiced medicine for over 30 years...never in a million years thought I see the day of forced vaccinations on pregnant women and children with a vaccine which nobody knows the long term affects and currently hurting people while at the same time preventing people from getting early treatment.
Do your home work..and research. Think outside the box. Do not trust governments.. corps..agencies who financial and political gains by continuing the current course.
I pray for those in Australia...New Zealand...and the people in some States in the US. There is a reason that the people of the most progressive locked down State..California..is recalling their governor.
Since this a sailing site..seriously...we sailors can not go sailing because we are going to spread covid off the coast..or surfers arrested because they are super spreaders....open your eyes ..don't be a sheeple. Today is vaccines....tomorrow...who knows?

Abe
Old 21-08-2021, 16:20   #98
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
You have told what you don't like and what you wouldn't do.

So what would you do?
Given that you live in a state with the lowest vaccination rate in the country especially in the north.

To give some context here are two graphs for NSW - daily new cases and numbers hospitalised. How many spare beds do you have in WA?

Pick a country and take your choice of how they have handled it, as most of them are now moving forward, whereas we are in the same position as when it started - It will have to hit the fan here one day, unless you want to live in a permanent state of emergency with people as good as not allowed to return to their homes and families, not just from overseas but from within this country - Do you really think that is OK or a step too far?
Old 21-08-2021, 16:57   #99

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Pick a country and take your choice of how they have handled it, as most of them are now moving forward, whereas we are in the same position as when it started - It will have to hit the fan here one day, unless you want to live in a permanent state of emergency with people as good as not allowed to return to their homes and families, not just from overseas but from within this country - Do you really think that is OK or a step too far?
We are stuck with all this because Mr 'I don't hold a hose' wasn't able to 'hold a phone' either when it came to ordering vaccines. I also recall him lying about the vaccine rollout.... was all going to done and dusted by October.

Pick a country? Try this trio, Ecuador, Chile, and Uruguay.
All had quite harsh movement restrictions - both domestic and international - until they achieved high rates of vaccination. They are now at the far side of the pandemic.
Old 21-08-2021, 17:01   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingabe41ds View Post
In the US there is a group of doctors called americanfrontlinedoctors ..listen to another point of view and educate yourself.. The FDA is about to approve a vaccine the under the government reporting system VAERS has killed 13000 in the US alone. The reason they do not endorse any early treatment is because by law the would have to end the emergency vaccine program. We use to pull off vaccine or drug if it killed more than 25 people.
Anyone wonders how an empoverished country like India and African continent has done so well after a rough start? India provides a kit with D C Zinc Hydroychloroquine and now Invermectin to everybody and rec early treatment. Doctors are being sensored if you talk about it. We have no freedom of ideas anymore in the US.
It is sad what is happening in Australia for a disease that rarely kills healthy people under 40. We are vaccinating pregnant women and children without knowing the ill effects. Sadly this is more about politicians...government...medical industrial complex maintaining and keeping power than about keeping us safe and healthy. Never thought I see the day that the Western democracies would treat their citizens like the old USSR or China.
People should look at Sweden and
US so called RED states...they are open and doing as well or better than these locked down countries and Blue states.
I have practiced medicine for over 30 years...never in a million years thought I see the day of forced vaccinations on pregnant women and children with a vaccine which nobody knows the long term affects and currently hurting people while at the same time preventing people from getting early treatment.
Do your home work..and research. Think outside the box. Do not trust governments.. corps..agencies who financial and political gains by continuing the current course.
I pray for those in Australia...New Zealand...and the people in some States in the US. There is a reason that the people of the most progressive locked down State..California..is recalling their governor.
Since this a sailing site..seriously...we sailors can not go sailing because we are going to spread covid off the coast..or surfers arrested because they are super spreaders....open your eyes ..don't be a sheeple. Today is vaccines....tomorrow...who knows?

Abe
Well at least I know who not to go to if I need a 'doctor' in California.

Sure would like to see where that '13,000' number comes from.

I'd suggest anyone thinking of believing such poppycock read this.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2P21CV

These are a couple of America's Frontline 'Doctors';

Simone Melissa Gold (née Tizes; born 1965/1966) is an American anti-vaccine activist, physician, attorney, author, and the founder of America's Frontline Doctors, an American right-wing political organization known for spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic. She gained notoriety when a video of an America's Frontline Doctors press conference in front of the US Supreme Court Building went viral in July 2020.

On January 5, 2021, Gold spoke at a rally in Washington D.C., telling attendees to refuse to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and the next day took part in the 2021 United States Capitol attack. She spoke from the rotunda of the Capitol and was later arrested for her participation in the storming, having admitted she entered the building.

And who can forget Stella Immanuel...

Old 21-08-2021, 17:36   #101

Boat: Jeanneau 41 DS

VAERS Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System...run by FDA and CDC of the US gov...their stats not mine. Treir own reporting system......13000 Covid vaccine related deaths. That is over 99% of all vaccine related deaths in the US. I believe the equivalent EU reporting system has 14000 deaths and some countries have banned the vaccine.
Abe
Old 21-08-2021, 17:55   #102

Quote:
In the US there is a group of doctors called americanfrontlinedoctors ..listen to another point of view and educate yourself.. The FDA is about to approve a vaccine the under the government reporting system VAERS has killed 13000 in the US alone.

The reason they do not endorse any early treatment is because by law the would have to end the emergency vaccine program. We use to pull off vaccine or drug if it killed more than 25 people.
. . .

Abe
FYI: Here is some research without bogus statistics or attribution.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html

Serious adverse events after COVID-19 vaccination are rare but may occur.

For public awareness and in the interest of transparency, CDC is providing timely updates on the following serious adverse events of interest:

Anaphylaxis after COVID-19 vaccination is rare and has occurred in approximately 2 to 5 people per million vaccinated in the United States. Severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, can occur after any vaccination. If this occurs, vaccination providers can effectively and immediately treat the reaction. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis.

Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) after Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) COVID-19 vaccination is rare. As of August 11, 2021, more than 13 million doses of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine have been given in the United States. CDC and FDA identified 42 confirmed reports of people who got the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and later developed TTS. Women younger than 50 years old especially should be aware of the rare but increased risk of this adverse event. There are other COVID-19 vaccine options available for which this risk has not been seen. Learn more about J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS.
To date, two confirmed cases of TTS following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Moderna) have been reported to VAERS after more than 339 million doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered in the United States. Based on available data, there is not an increased risk for TTS after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination.

CDC and FDA are monitoring reports of Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) in people who have received the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine. GBS is a rare disorder where the body’s immune system damages nerve cells, causing muscle weakness and sometimes paralysis. Most people fully recover from GBS, but some have permanent nerve damage. After more than 13 million J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine doses administered, there have been around 161 preliminary reports of GBS identified in VAERS as of August 11, 2021. These cases have largely been reported about 2 weeks after vaccination and mostly in men, many 50 years and older. CDC will continue to monitor for and evaluate reports of GBS occurring after COVID-19 vaccination and will share more information as it becomes available.

Myocarditis and pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. As of August 11, 2021, VAERS has received 1,306 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis among people ages 30 and younger who received COVID-19 vaccine. Most cases have been reported after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), particularly in male adolescents and young adults. Through follow-up, including medical record reviews, CDC and FDA have confirmed 762 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis. CDC and its partners are investigating these reports to assess whether there is a relationship to COVID-19 vaccination. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and myocarditis.

Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare.

More than 357 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through August 16, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,789 reports of death (0.0019%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths.
Old 21-08-2021, 18:03   #103

Quote:
VAERS Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System...run by FDA and CDC of the US gov...their stats not mine. Treir own reporting system......13000 Covid vaccine related deaths. That is over 99% of all vaccine related deaths in the US. I believe the equivalent EU reporting system has 14000 deaths and some countries have banned the vaccine.

Abe
FYI, It is fairly straightforward to debunk this claim regarding the collection of self-reported “data”, by checking Reuters or fact-check.org.
Old 21-08-2021, 18:15   #104

Quote:
Abe

Say you.

Show the VAERS data and a link.

And read the link

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2P21CV

provided. Oh wait, the article's so short I can just add it here.

Not to mention that there are tons of other respected journals debunkings of this direct violation of "Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information".

"Posts are sharing numbers reported to the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) as deaths following COVID-19 vaccinations and claiming that it proves the vaccines have killed people. This is false. Anyone can submit a report into the system and the reports do not imply causality.

An example can be seen here , with the caption saying: “9,318 DEATHS reported to VAERS after vaccine.”

In a July 21, 2021 page update, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said it had received 6,207 reports of people who had died after receiving a COVID vaccine between Dec. 14, 2020 and July 19, 2021 (here). But that came with clear caveats. On the same page, it says: “FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause.”

Anyone can report events to VAERS (vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html) and a disclaimer on the CDC’s website says: “The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable” (here). When downloading the data, users are presented with a further disclaimer that the data do not include information from investigations into reported cases. The disclaimer also says, “the inclusion of events in VAERS data does not imply causality” (here).

Reuters explored this lack of causality in other fact check articles visible here , here and here .

VERDICT
Missing context. Reports submitted to the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) for adverse events and deaths following the COVID-19 vaccine do not imply causation. Anyone can submit reports and the reports are not verified.

Leaving aside that even if the 13000 number was an accurate representation of actual deaths from the covid vaccine, which it is not --- 13000 vaccine - 628000 covid. Sayy it again - 13000 vaccine - 628000 covid. Guess for some 'physicians' the Hippocratic Oath only applies to individuals directly in their purview...
Old 21-08-2021, 19:22   #105

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Fifty posts have been deleted from this thread for being political without connection to sailing or cruising, quoting deleted posts, or being off topic.

Here are the extra conditions for posting in the covid 19 containment forum.:

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering, politically charged statements or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Please, let's keep this thread focused on [B]Living in AUSTRALIA[/B].

Tags
Australia