Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2021, 05:01   #31

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy 40
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Can a moderator please close this useless thread.
Old 19-08-2021, 05:44   #32
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgill1 View Post
So very sorry for your state of affairs.
https://nationalfile.com/australian-...ssive-stadium/

This is getting nuttier and nuttier.
Did I missed the sarcasm emoticon or perhaps the comedy emoticon or do you guys really believe this hogwash.

In case you are really serious, the link in farcical...
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 19-08-2021, 09:01   #33

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBazza View Post
We’ll be out there shortly, in a multihull. Cheers from Purrfect.
Well, cheers to you too, from Purrfect, a multi hull from Canada[emoji4]
Old 19-08-2021, 13:04   #34
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingabe41ds View Post
... In the US over 13000 people have died from the vaccines as reported to Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System...
... Where have you all been ?
I wonder where you have been, and what you were ingesting, when there.

Reports of adverse events to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System [VAERS] following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem.
Anyone can report an alleged adverse event.

More than 357 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through August 16, 2021.

During this time, VAERS received 6,789 reports of death (0.0019%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.

FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause.

Anaphylaxis after COVID-19 vaccination is rare and has occurred in approximately 2 to 5 people per million vaccinated in the United States.

Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) after Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) COVID-19 vaccination is rare. As of August 11, 2021, more than 13 million doses of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine have been given in the United States. CDC and FDA identified 42 confirmed reports of people who got the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and later developed TTS.

To date, two confirmed cases of TTS following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Moderna) have been reported to VAERS after more than 339 million doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered in the United States. Based on available data, there is not an increased risk for TTS after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination.

As of August 11, 2021, VAERS has received 1,306 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis among people ages 30 and younger who received COVID-19 vaccine. Most cases have been reported after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), particularly in male adolescents and young adults. Through follow-up, including medical record reviews, CDC and FDA have confirmed 762 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis.

Strengths and Limitations of VAERS Data:
As an early warning system, VAERS cannot prove that a vaccine caused a problem. Specifically, a report to VAERS does not mean that a vaccine caused an adverse event. But VAERS can give CDC and FDA important information.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/en...html#anchor_16

Old 19-08-2021, 14:04   #35

Since this thread has gone all of topic anyway I might as well toss in an amusing thing I saw an hour or two back.

Off to buy a new computer, started at best buy. Can move about where I live. Love it! Need a new comp and want a touch screen.

Please wear masks. No worries. Wifey and I don said masks.

Whilst checking out the touch screen computers there's a fellow there talking with the salesman.....no mask. Fine, no worries.

Funny thing is the guy has his arms sort of folded but one hand up to his face.....basically sucking his finger tips.

Sucking his fingertips whilst looking at (and obviously touching) touch screen computers.

I dont know why he simply did not lick the screens.....certainly would not have surprised me.

I just find that funny. Thought some of you might also find it funny, a brief respite from all the seriousness.
Old 19-08-2021, 14:10   #36

Boat: Volkscruiser

A lied 39 she'll be right, fair suck of the sav, maate I am not sure what the your issue is but I am happy, my mates are all happy the family is all happy. Sure Covids been a pain in the backside, but what the heck we are in the lucky country and dam right "She'll be right"
As for that article about 24000 kids being seized and vaccinated, there is Buckley's chance of that happening. Our children's school cannot even take our kids of their grounds without us signing a permission slip.
A lied 39 this Aussie apathy provided us with excellent free medical care for the birth of our two children. The first birth was in a busy city hospital and would be described as a 3 star service due to the volume of births that day. The second birth was in a country hospital and was a 5 star experience. I don't think we have ever paid for any medical expenses for our children? How about free dental care for school aged children? I tell you I love our Aussie she'll be right brain washing.
What's this got to do with sailing has me beat. But Covid has been so good for the marine industry and I have been flat out like a lizard drinking.
Cheers
Old 19-08-2021, 14:27   #37

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Well it looks like I am by myself in being concerned that my Local Government is enforcing healthy and vaccinated people to be locked up for 6 days and those that are coming from NSW are NOT allowed back in at all if they are not vaccinated - New Normal for you guys -

You all may be happy to let our freedoms go, but I for one am un-accepting of such Governmental overreach and liken this to North Korea or the old East Germany, where their citizens are/were restricted from leaving and entering - Australia, especially WA has the most restrictive mandates in the world around covid.

If you all support this they will never release their power they have grabbed and we will be in a new order of permanent restrictions under the pretense of whatever health issue they want to brew up for the day.
Being 'told to self isolate' is not the same as 'being locked up'.
Six days for results was probably 6 days and then test you again rather than 6 days awaiting the results.

Yes we are probably all sick and tired of it all but it beats being dead.

Best you can wish for is that when we get shot of Scomo - who along with 'Gladys the Incompetent' got is into this present spot - we don't find Dutton in charge. He already has his black shirts.

Talking about Gladys I see she has even managed to share the love with Unzud.
Old 19-08-2021, 15:20   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Let us pray, my brethren.
This report presents selected estimates of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use among U.S. adults, using data from the 2002 National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) ...
... Sixty-two percent of adults used some form of CAM therapy during the past 12 months when the definition of CAM therapy included prayer specifically for health reasons. When prayer specifically for health reasons was excluded from the definition, 36% of adults used some form of CAM therapy during the past 12 months. The 10 most commonly used CAM therapies during the past 12 months were use of prayer specifically for one's own health (43.0%), prayer by others for one's own health (24.4%), natural products (18.9%), deep breathing exercises (11.6%), participation in prayer group for one's own health (9.6%), meditation (7.6%), chiropractic care (7.5%), yoga (5.1%), massage (5.0%), and diet-based therapies (3.5%) ...”

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/ad/ad343.pdf

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15188733/
CAM should lower a person's anxiety.

Anxiety disorders are the second must deadly risk factor for dying of the virus according to a large study published by the CDC, https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2021/21_0123.htm

Quote:
Relative risk of death in the full model was 30% higher with obesity (95% CI, 27%–33%), 28% higher with anxiety and fear-related disorders (95% CI, 25%–31%), 26% higher with diabetes with complication (95% CI, 24%–28%), 21% higher with CKD (95% CI, 19%–24%), 18% higher with neurocognitive disorders including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease (95% CI, 15%–21%), 18% higher with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and bronchiectasis (95% CI, 16%–20%), 17% higher with aplastic anemia including anemia in CKD (95% CI, 14%–19%), 14% higher with coronary atherosclerosis and other heart disease (95% CI, 12%–16%), and 4% higher with thyroid disorders including hypothyroidism (95% CI, 2%–6%) (Table 2). These conditions were also associated with a higher risk of IMV and ICU admission.
Quote:
Anxiety and fear-related disorders were a prevalent condition in our sample; they were also the second highest risk factor for death among the underlying conditions considered in our study.
Information in the study is surprising on what medical conditions lead to a higher virus death rate and lower death rates.

Out of the almost 4.9 million patients studied, only 740 people died with no, KNOWN medical conditions. The study shows five categories of people with the virus, people without a previous medical condition, those with 1, 2-5, 6-10, and over 10.

The groups with 2 or more medical conditions are 96.5% of the deaths. The death rate for no previous conditions is .9% and 2.6% with one. Men have a much higher death rate, 58.9% compared to woman, 41.1%. These rates are for people who where hospitalized.

The conditions which cause higher death are interesting and surprising. They are mentioned in a previous quote.

Some medical conditions that don't seem to impact the virus, or vice versa, are things like diabetes without complication, essential hypertension, asthma, and a bunch more.

This virus and having anxiety can kill a person. Prayer and medication that lowered anxiety would be a very good thing.

Later,
Dan
Old 19-08-2021, 16:21   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore and Aft View Post
A lied 39 she'll be right, fair suck of the sav, maate I am not sure what the your issue is but I am happy, my mates are all happy the family is all happy. Sure Covids been a pain in the backside, but what the heck we are in the lucky country and dam right "She'll be right"
As for that article about 24000 kids being seized and vaccinated, there is Buckley's chance of that happening. Our children's school cannot even take our kids of their grounds without us signing a permission slip.
A lied 39 this Aussie apathy provided us with excellent free medical care for the birth of our two children. The first birth was in a busy city hospital and would be described as a 3 star service due to the volume of births that day. The second birth was in a country hospital and was a 5 star experience. I don't think we have ever paid for any medical expenses for our children? How about free dental care for school aged children? I tell you I love our Aussie she'll be right brain washing.
What's this got to do with sailing has me beat. But Covid has been so good for the marine industry and I have been flat out like a lizard drinking.
Cheers
Exactly!! Thankyou!
Everything you said is what I said. I dont know why the snidley attempt to denigrate me by changing my CF name from allied 39 to A lied 39....but some pretty darn sharp word play there. WOW.

I simply explained that the majority of australians think like you, and therefore you are happy....as you stated. I am glad you are happy.

I simply explained that argueing with folks like you is a waste of time and effort, which is why I wont. Besides, you are the majority and you are all happy. Yay.

I stated that perhaps if he understood those simple points he may perhaps find a higher level of happiness by doing one of the following:
A: accepting those facts
B: changing those facts
C: finding a place where he is amoungst people who do not think like the majority of australains.

So I am going to leave this thread back on the topic that the OP started with.
Best of luck, hope you stay happy and healthy "fore and aft".

PS; the whole 24,000 kids forcibly vacinated is all BS as I am sure you are aware.
Old 19-08-2021, 16:34   #40
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allied39 View Post
Exactly!! Thankyou!
Everything you said is what I said. I dont know why the snidley attempt to denigrate me by changing my CF name from allied 39 to A lied 39....but some pretty darn sharp word play there. WOW.

I simply explained that the majority of australians think like you, and therefore you are happy....as you stated. I am glad you are happy.

I simply explained that argueing with folks like you is a waste of time and effort, which is why I wont. Besides, you are the majority and you are all happy. Yay.

I stated that perhaps if he understood those simple points he may perhaps find a higher level of happiness by doing one of the following:
A: accepting those facts
B: changing those facts
C: finding a place where he is amoungst people who do not think like the majority of australains.

So I am going to leave this thread back on the topic that the OP started with.
Best of luck, hope you stay happy and healthy "fore and aft".

PS; the whole 24,000 kids forcibly vacinated is all BS as I am sure you are aware.

The 24,000 is a misinterpretation purposely being put out there - The ironic thing is that the site being used for mass vaccination had someone who later tested positive for covid and turned it into a mass spreader event.
Old 19-08-2021, 16:37   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
If you think the threads getting nuttier and nuttier you aught to take a look at some of the hogwash coming out of our state premiers (governors) One of them explained their mask rule as being along the lines of "You can go to a bar to have a drink but must keep your mask on whilst you drink it.".
Well I know that RayR really knows what this means in Aussie speak as he ain't a dumb Aussie.

However for others further afield who aren't up with the lingo down under, allow me to explain 'cause it does sound like hogwash at the first glance.

Put simply, there isn't any point in going to a bar if you are required to wear a mask and keep it on, we know that so why say it.

It is Aussie pollie code for -

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 19-08-2021, 16:39   #42
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Being 'told to self isolate' is not the same as 'being locked up'.
Six days for results was probably 6 days and then test you again rather than 6 days awaiting the results.

Yes we are probably all sick and tired of it all but it beats being dead.

Best you can wish for is that when we get shot of Scomo - who along with 'Gladys the Incompetent' got is into this present spot - we don't find Dutton in charge. He already has his black shirts.

Talking about Gladys I see she has even managed to share the love with Unzud.

Are you purposely being obtuse or are you that blinkered?

6 Days to get test results back and hence people having to lock themselves up - That is Pi$$ poor and if you don't think so, then you really need to wake up.

Results should be back the same day, they are throwing enough money around to ensure this.

So it's regional, but there are flights every day, so results should be the next day at the very latest.

If our leaders want to enforce such draconian mandates they should at least not be totally incompetent about it.
Old 19-08-2021, 16:42   #43

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allied39 View Post
Well, um yeah. But as I stated in an earlier post on this thread what you describe and the lead up to it has been going on for a long time.

You just notice it now, others have noticed it a long way back.

If you had taken notice a little earlier perhaps things may be different for you now.

One point though is do you actually understand why they are so strict? Given that the health care sysytem is barely adequete on it's very best day...if the plague gets out of control.....well....it will be REALLY REALLY bad there.

Thats the reason.

What has led up to that is the belief that free / government supplied medicine is a great way to go.

AS stated in my previous post...thats they way australians want it, they love it, they love the control, they love the rules and they love the regulations.

I dont want to turn this thread into government supplied "free..LOL" healthcare versus other options. So am not argueing about it.

Like stated in my other post there are so many reasons australia is the way it is, the above is just one of at least a dozen.

But like stated before, if you dont like what australia has become....be aware, or become aware, that YOU ARE THE MINORITY!!

I have no sympathy for australians, they let this all occur....made it occur in fact.

A wise wife said to me many years back "accept it, change it or leave"

Want another hint on why you are unhappy right now? "she'll be right mate"
Well, actually not. Being apathetic for generations has led to this.

Best of luck....sleeping in the bed you helped make.
I would really like to know just where this nirvana that you relocated to is.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 19-08-2021, 16:54   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
If you think the threads getting nuttier and nuttier you aught to take a look at some of the hogwash coming out of our state premiers (governors) .........
I do concur with RayR's general premise though, these state guys certainly produce seas of hogwash and the prime one is producing oceans of it.
Old 19-08-2021, 17:47   #45

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Well, don't be surprised. It was ever thus. In 1949, Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr wrote, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose [that word "ca, should have a cedilla on it, but beyond my computer skills to get it there]. It means "the more change, the more it is the same thing."

It also means if we boot out the present thugs, the new thugs may be worse, even if they seem better at the time.

Ann

Tags
Australia