Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2020, 17:14   #1

Boat: Hanse 458
POST COVID ENTRY TO CROATIA - NON-EU BOAT/CREW

Hi everyone!

I'm a Kiwi currently living in New Zealand. Prior to the global lock-down I purchased a new 45ft Hanse which is now ready for handover in Slovenia. With the recent easing of travel restrictions and resumption of flights into Europe I am happy to say that I can finally get to there to take delivery!

Following handover of the yacht in Slovenia my original plan was to sail down the coast into Croatia however with new travel restrictions in place I'm unsure if I will be permitted to enter!

I'm struggling to find information online about entry into Croatia for non-EU boats and crew so any advice from the wider sailing community would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Wally
Old 07-06-2020, 17:41   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Re: POST COVID ENTRY TO CROATIA - NON-EU BOAT/CREW

Please don’t post the same question in multiple forums, I deleted your other post, the rules don’t allow it
Old 07-06-2020, 20:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneWally View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm a Kiwi currently living in New Zealand. Prior to the global lock-down I purchased a new 45ft Hanse which is now ready for handover in Slovenia. With the recent easing of travel restrictions and resumption of flights into Europe I am happy to say that I can finally get to there to take delivery!

Following handover of the yacht in Slovenia my original plan was to sail down the coast into Croatia however with new travel restrictions in place I'm unsure if I will be permitted to enter!

I'm struggling to find information online about entry into Croatia for non-EU boats and crew so any advice from the wider sailing community would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Wally
The regulations everywhere are fluid and changing

Simply call the port authorities in Split or Dubrovnik or Pula and ask your question

Then call in again prior to your arrival

https://mmpi.gov.hr/glavni-izbornik-6983/sea/port-authorities/11582
Old 21-06-2020, 15:46   #4

Boat: Lagoon 450

Hi Wally,
It’s Euge here, we live in Australia and are trying to get back to our boat which is near Venice and sail her to NZ, hopefully leaving in October. From what I understand we are not allowed to leave our shores unless it’s business or family reasons. Just curious if you have similar restrictions and how you managed to get permission to leave NZ?
Regards
Euge
Old 21-06-2020, 16:08   #5

Reference:

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/t...-corona-travel

Many further links on that website.
Old 26-06-2020, 22:26   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euge View Post
Hi Wally,
It’s Euge here, we live in Australia and are trying to get back to our boat which is near Venice and sail her to NZ, hopefully leaving in October. From what I understand we are not allowed to leave our shores unless it’s business or family reasons. Just curious if you have similar restrictions and how you managed to get permission to leave NZ?
Regards
Euge
Hi Euge - we can leave NZ but we will need to compulsorily quarantine on return. Depending on our destination, we may also need to quarantine on arrival. That makes a round trip to the UK about the same if not longer as it was before the age of jet flight! I'm not sure about Australia but I don't think it's the leaving that is hard, rather it's the risk of not being allowed back or worse being refused entry anywhere along the way. Uncertainty is our greatest enemy at the moment
Old 28-06-2020, 05:02   #7

Boat: Hanse 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euge View Post
Hi Wally,
Regards
Euge
Hi Euge

I private messaged you but to summarise,the NZ govt is more concerned about people coming into the country than leaving. Our challenge was being permitted entry into the EU and we needed to prove that our travel was “essential”.

Assuming the Aussies will let you out I would suggest speaking directly to the Italian embassy in Australia (or the border police in Italy) before you go and getting confirmation that you will be permitted entry when you arrive. Print that out and take that with you along with any and all supporting documents to Justify your travel. This will come in handy when checking in for your flight (airlines wont take you if they don’t think you will be permitted to clear customs at your destination) and when you arrive at your destination.

Ultimately it’s still a fluid situation globally and things literally change over night. I must say having arrived in Slovenia safely I still would not recommend travelling unless you really don’t have an option. We needed to come to take delivery of our boat as per our contract. In my opinion, I your boat is up on the hard and sitting happily I’d consider how badly you need to retrieve it at the moment and consider staying put in Australia for the time being.

Happy to talk further and I gave you my email address on the DM if you want to get in touch directly.

Tags
boat, crew, Croatia