Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2021, 10:52   #46

Boat: Catalina-Morgan 504
Re: 'Pandemic of the unvaccinated'

Quote:
Originally Posted by disputin View Post
While in general I agree it should be a "personal choice", my problem with people who can get vaccinated and are choosing not to is that they become the breeding ground for the next variant. The longer there is an unvaccinated population for the virus to propagate and evolve into the next variant, we are all at risk, vaccinated or not.

It give the virus more attempts to infect individuals and it's possible that a variant will find a way around our vaccines.

At the risk of being a contrarian, here are other ways to look at it.

1. Vaccination violates the natural principle of survival of the fittest and actually weakens the Human genome by allowing people without natural immunity or strong constitutions to survive and multiply. What if the poor global ranking of the US for infant mortality is the result of DNA depletion. By that argument, vaccination becomes the breeding ground for other diseases.

2. With vaccination, people have no reason to improve their health generally to stay alive. Obesity, lack of exercise, poor eating etc, will continue unabated.
Old 17-07-2021, 10:52   #47

Boat: 1976 AMF Paceship 23

From the 7/9/2021 release of VAERS data:
Found 10,991 cases where Vaccine is COVID19 and Patient Died
https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php

I looked at the VAERS site and found for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, about 220 deaths out of about 1.25 million cases studied. Not sure where the other 10,700+ cases reported in the above come from!!! Unfortunately, people are dying much more often from anti-vax misinformation than from vaccines!
Old 17-07-2021, 10:54   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsfforsberg View Post
For Pete's sake, read the facts. Very few people get any affect at all from the "virus". Those that do are very rarely hospitalized. Those that are hospitalized are rarely there for any length of time. Those that are seriously ill from covid, most often have serious other co-morbidities. Those that die almost exclusively have several co-morbidities. In other words, if you are an average somewhat healthy person, you will not even know that you had it. IT IS NOT THE PLAGUE. IT IS NOT EVEN AIDS. IT'S A FLU. IT IS NOT 1918. Take some vitamin C once in a while. Don't be fat. Don't smoke.

Funniest thing I keep seeing is people wearing masks outside, or driving....unreal stupidity. I saw a jack ass riding a bike in Tahiti with a mask on. I laughed out loud! He's riding a bike down the road in Tahiti, where there is no shoulder, crazy drivers everywhere, with banged up cars, and he's worried about some phantom virus killing him...hahahahaha.
It is the plague. It is not an influenza which is caused by a completely different virus than the corona virus. Worldwide there have been over 190 million cases and over 4 million deaths and it's not just old fat smokers who are dying either. People wear masks not to protect themselves but to protect others. So yeah it's a real riot seeing people trying to protect you from dying.
Old 17-07-2021, 10:57   #49

Boat: Custom steel, 41' LOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
of late i am finding cdc unbelieveable, ditto who.
when there are effective and tested treatments which are proven effective, there is no reason to fall for a big pharma and depop favored jab of unknown effect.. yes unknown effect..these jabs are only approved for emergency use. the 2 percent death rate to me doesnot justify a jab of untested origin and pushed by depop supporters. 2 percent death rate isnot emergency. media and leftys will teeat normal folks like rubbish in usa. perhaps many othe rnatiosn as well. so far i am fine , not involved with virus affliction and safe. i have supplies of tested anf proven treatments plus antivirals.. why should i suffer a jab that may well kill me or permanently damage me when i have these. it has not been proven that the jab prevents anything , on the contrary-it causes issues many cannot tolerate. it has not been proven that the jab is safe. in fact itis not safe. hence non approval by fda for anything except emergencies and i donot see 2 percent death rate a dire emergency.

but then there are those who crave pushing untested experimental drugs into their systems. all hail big pharma... the new god for the cultists.. msm has ye so scared you will accept a foreign untested substance into your body??
impressive.
and who said that just because itis a virus that all will contract it.?? such irresponsible thinking. contracting the issue isnot a given unless someone is following you with a death jab to ensure your illness. oh wait they are doing just that. injecting the spikes into your body doesnot ensure no covid.
so who here has actually researched the alleged vaccine??? its contents and sequellae??? side effects? permanent damage to cells and systems?? not tested.. oopsy. yet you run to be first in line for this unknown jab..
yes i hoarded treatments and am ready in the event i am illified.
personally i am more concerned with dengue than covid. remember the mosquito.
oh yes i am one of the cannot take due to medical conditions, however there are very effective treatments for thisissue. the treatments are effective onall variants of the virus so mutation is moot, unfortunately not so for jabs which are mutation/strain specific.
I feel so very, very sorry for you and those who think and act as you do. Two percent of 300 million people is six million. That could include you and all of your loved ones.

The vaccines have been administered to hundreds of millions of people. The side effects and risks are well known, well documented, and minimal: far, far less than 2%. I realize I'm not going to convince you, but give your head a shake. You are playing Russian Roulette. And it's not just you I feel sorry for. It's also for all those near you who CAN'T be vaccinated - like children under 12.

I'm surprised that you worry about Dengue Fever more than Covid. I suppose, depending upon where you live, it might be a risk - but at the moment is probably a far, far smaller risk than Covid.

And what are you going to do when Big Pharma comes out with a vaccine for Dengue? Refuse it too for the same reasons you are refusing Covid shots? Despite the apparently clear benefit to you?

The new mNRA technology that was used to produce some of the Covid vaccines (Phyzer, Moderna, and others) promises to be a game changer - able to easily produce vaccines for a great many, currently deadly, diseases - quite possibly Dengue Fever among them.

I'm sure you use technology all the time. A cell phone from Big Tech? Apple is one of the very largest companies in the world. Drive a car or truck built by one of the Big Automakers? Buy gas from Big Oil? Why draw the line at vaccines and Big Pharma? Are you not vaccinated for the usual childhood diseases? Have you never seen a doctor? Had blood tests? Had x-rays? An MRI or Cat Scan? I'm sorry but you, like the rest of us, are immersed in technology. I don't believe there is a person left on earth who isn't affected one way or another.

I feel so very, very sorry for you, your loved ones, those around you, and those like you.

Take care.
Old 17-07-2021, 10:59   #50

Boat: 1979 Mariner Ketch 32-Hull 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsfforsberg View Post
For Pete's sake, read the facts. Very few people get any affect at all from the "virus". Those that do are very rarely hospitalized. Those that are hospitalized are rarely there for any length of time. Those that are seriously ill from covid, most often have serious other co-morbidities. Those that die almost exclusively have several co-morbidities. In other words, if you are an average somewhat healthy person, you will not even know that you had it. IT IS NOT THE PLAGUE. IT IS NOT EVEN AIDS. IT'S A FLU. IT IS NOT 1918. Take some vitamin C once in a while. Don't be fat. Don't smoke.

Funniest thing I keep seeing is people wearing masks outside, or driving....unreal stupidity. I saw a jack ass riding a bike in Tahiti with a mask on. I laughed out loud! He's riding a bike down the road in Tahiti, where there is no shoulder, crazy drivers everywhere, with banged up cars, and he's worried about some phantom virus killing him...hahahahaha.
Phantom virus?
Where you been?
The phantoms here are the mis information spreaders.
At least they're thinking about protecting others.
That bike rider is probably wearing that mask in crowds as well.
How about your commitment to curbing this virus...
You helping or???
Head in hole.??
SV Cloud Duster
Old 17-07-2021, 11:16   #51

This thread is typical of most discussions about the vaccine and the virus. It polarizes people into two camps, those who believe and those who question. Both sides think the other side is wrong.

What is missing is honest discussion and an exploration of the alternatives. This has largely been limited by the traditional media and social media's complete buy-in of the "narrative". Anyone with a alternative view or conflicting data is "canceled", posts taken down, and denigrated.

The current experimental therapy or vaccine, bolsters a person's immune system, it does not prevent infection or transmission, but may minimize the effects of an infection. I haven't heard a reasonable explanation that makes a good case for the vaccinated being immune from variants or even a reason why those who are vaccinated but carrying the virus aren't in actuality, a ​petri dishes for transmission and variant evolution.

Those who choose to not get the vaccine are more greatly affected by Covid when they get infected but despite the numbers reported in the media, the actual number of normal healthy people meeting their maker from Covid is still less than 2% and at a rate typical for the flu. What we don't know is how many people are having side effects from the vaccine because they aren't tracking it.

The Amish community in Pennsylvania refused the vaccine for religious reasons. Many got sick, few diesfd ad now their community is healthy and living normally with natural immunity. So maybe personal choice is OK. Do what you feel is right for you and allow others to do the same.

There seems to be big gaps in information, a lack of open discussion and a lot of fear based narratives, pushing an agenda. A lack of trust is normal, absent credible information. Too many logical inconsistencies for my taste.
Old 17-07-2021, 11:22   #52

With regard to ebs001's diatribe. He/she is right that a small percentage of people who get the virus are hospitalized and a fairly small percentage of those hospitalized people die. But percentages are based on the base no. (2% of 1,000,000 is far greater than 50% of 100).
So, just so ebs001 recognizes how serious that kind of argument is (at least when its voiced voiced by Presidents and on social media and other public forums like this one) the US has the highest no. of deaths worldwide (with the possible exception of India where the counting is suspect) at over 600,000. That's roughly 0.1% of the population, but a vy big number of deaths. Basically, the politicization of this issue is deadly. Please stop!
Ken
Old 17-07-2021, 11:25   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKo View Post
From the 7/9/2021 release of VAERS data:
Found 10,991 cases where Vaccine is COVID19 and Patient Died
https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php

I looked at the VAERS site and found for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, about 220 deaths out of about 1.25 million cases studied. Not sure where the other 10,700+ cases reported in the above come from!!! Unfortunately, people are dying much more often from anti-vax misinformation than from vaccines!

Your information is of course coming from dubious sources. Remember the cigarette companies saying smoking is fine? How about Exxon paying for studies? The WHO says it's fine......Who made WHO?
Old 17-07-2021, 11:25   #54

By the end of last sailing season in the Caribbean there was very much a thing about who you wanted to hang with. Recently arrived with a fresh PCR test or fully vaccinated pretty much equalled good to go for dinners and sundowners and all else.

I very much expect a replay come fall. I don't know if I'm 95% protected or 85% protected. I just know that I'm not 100% protected. Consequently, I won't be rolling the dice by close contact socializing with anti-vaxxers and others who either do not understand how science works or just do not give a damn.
Old 17-07-2021, 11:25   #55

...oops! Apologies, it's just below 0.2% of the overall population. -Ken

Maybe this whole conversation doesn't belong on this forum...just a thought.
Old 17-07-2021, 11:26   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
approval of untested alleged vaccines is a joke.
big pharma is what itis. ther eis no little pharma, only a huge lobby of corruption.
have you done your diligent research as to what exactly is being shoved into your body ? i have. i choose treatments that acrually work. jab has not been proven effective. the 1. percent protection is not worth my continuing health. i choose th etreatments which ar eproven to work. you who accept the untested and unproven jabs are are guinea pigs. nothing more nothing less.
There has been over 161 million people vaccinated in the us alone. It's hard to call these drugs untested at this point. Nobody is being forced to get the vaccination but smart people are getting it
Old 17-07-2021, 11:40   #57

Boat: Antigua 44

This place is becoming a cesspool.
Old 17-07-2021, 11:53   #58

Boat: Custom steel, 41' LOD

Thank you. I couldn't have put it better myself.
Old 17-07-2021, 12:12   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKo View Post
With regard to ebs001's diatribe. He/she is right that a small percentage of people who get the virus are hospitalized and a fairly small percentage of those hospitalized people die. But percentages are based on the base no. (2% of 1,000,000 is far greater than 50% of 100).
So, just so ebs001 recognizes how serious that kind of argument is (at least when its voiced voiced by Presidents and on social media and other public forums like this one) the US has the highest no. of deaths worldwide (with the possible exception of India where the counting is suspect) at over 600,000. That's roughly 0.1% of the population, but a vy big number of deaths. Basically, the politicization of this issue is deadly. Please stop!
Ken
I think you took my post the wrong way.
Old 17-07-2021, 12:15   #60

Pfft. You guys are being ridiculous. First it was ‘ooooooh the avian flu.’ We all know that birds are surveillance drones, and the government changes their batteries at night. Now you’re trying to tell me that COVID-19 is real? Come on! It ‘spread’ from China to the US WAY too fast. Everyone knows that it would have to go through Western Asia and Europe first, as going to the east you’d float off into space, and trying to go north or south you’d hit the ice walls.