Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2021, 10:10   #31

Boat: Hunter 46
Re: 'Pandemic of the unvaccinated'

Title says it all.....fully agree!!
Old 17-07-2021, 10:11   #32

Boat: Southern Ocean 80

I am more concerned with the loss of freedom of the seas to be able to both leave and arrive at distant shores.
The gradual process of various nations getting along could easily be reversed
This can then further affect those of us with a common interest in cruising
Today the issue is COVID
Tomorrow the politicos may find a new excuse
Vaccine or recovery from disease certification may be an answer
However , be careful if the freedoms you give up in the interest of the “herd”
Old 17-07-2021, 10:12   #33

I recall being on the hook in Simpson Bay, Sint Maarten, two weeks into lockdown last year when some genius got on the morning VHF net declaring that he heard it on the SSB last night that President Trump declared that hydroxychloroquine was the cure. Why, why, he screamed are we still in lockdown when we have the cure?

At that moment I realized how truly screwed we were.
Old 17-07-2021, 10:13   #34

Boat: Island Packet 485, 52'

While in general I agree it should be a "personal choice", my problem with people who can get vaccinated and are choosing not to is that they become the breeding ground for the next variant. The longer there is an unvaccinated population for the virus to propagate and evolve into the next variant, we are all at risk, vaccinated or not.

It give the virus more attempts to infect individuals and it's possible that a variant will find a way around our vaccines.

I am so dumbstruck by individuals who ignore very well educated, hard working people would are providing accurate, timely and updated information, and instead listen to any talking head on television or radio who yesterday was talking about prayer in school and tomorrow will be talking about tax policy and homelessness, and today is somehow an expert on vaccines and pandemics.

Sorry I can't help myself

Sean
Old 17-07-2021, 10:14   #35

Boat: Nauticat 43 ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
approval of untested alleged vaccines is a joke.
big pharma is what itis. ther eis no little pharma, only a huge lobby of corruption.
have you done your diligent research as to what exactly is being shoved into your body ? i have. i choose treatments that acrually work. jab has not been proven effective. the 1. percent protection is not worth my continuing health. i choose th etreatments which ar eproven to work. you who accept the untested and unproven jabs are are guinea pigs. nothing more nothing less.

Zeehag, thank you for illustrating the problem so beautifully and giving us an insight into the minds of those that ignore or don't trust facts proven by verifiable data, which mystifies me, especially when it appears to choose risking death.

To call the data available "untested" and "unproven," both the research and the actual events we can actually see, such as the overwhelming number of COVID cases are now among the unvaccinated, the conclusions "should" be clear and considered proven IMHO.

Of course if you really want to disbelieve something, you'll find a way, which is the role of conspiracy theories, such as discrediting the media, etc. While the politicians have a good reason for doing so (to discredit their opponents and stoke fear to win elections) the folks who believe them are not doing themselves a service.
Old 17-07-2021, 10:19   #36
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: 'Pandemic of the unvaccinated'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby View Post
FYI:
COVID-19 is affecting Black, Indigenous, Latinx, and other people of color the most.

source: https://covidtracking.com/race

Regarding vaccination rates by race/ethnicity...

"For example, in California, 29% of vaccinations have gone to Hispanic people, while they account for 63% of cases, 48% of deaths, and 40% of the total population in the state. Similarly, in the District of Columbia, Black people have received 43% of vaccinations, while they make up 56% of cases, 71% of deaths, and 46% of the total population."
source:

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/
Exactly.. its the same in the UK, the highest case's are in area's with a high % of Pakistani/Afghan immigrants, these are people from a country where they kill vaccine workers as a norm.

But statements like these do serve to illuminate political biases..

https://www.bmj.com/content/345/bmj.e5061.full

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...cination-drive

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 17-07-2021, 10:20   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by disputin View Post
While in general I agree it should be a "personal choice", my problem with people who can get vaccinated and are choosing not to is that they become the breeding ground for the next variant. The longer there is an unvaccinated population for the virus to propagate and evolve into the next variant, we are all at risk, vaccinated or not.

It give the virus more attempts to infect individuals and it's possible that a variant will find a way around our vaccines.

I am so dumbstruck by individuals who ignore very well educated, hard working people would are providing accurate, timely and updated information, and instead listen to any talking head on television or radio who yesterday was talking about prayer in school and tomorrow will be talking about tax policy and homelessness, and today is somehow an expert on vaccines and pandemics.

Sorry I can't help myself

Sean

Pot calling the kettle black. Sorry I can't help myself.
Old 17-07-2021, 10:23   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by celle2000 View Post
One difference however is the limitations on the manufacturers' liability with respect to COVID vaccines - another is the fact that many of these vaccines are engineered in a completely different way compared to traditional vaccines.

You are correct. Time will tell. Call me crazy all you want. Somehow, my resistance to the government-media-military-pharma-technocrat complex keeps proving correct.
Old 17-07-2021, 10:26   #39

Sorry folks, this is not the place for this discussion about your personal views of this man-made disease. Just had to throw that in there, lol.
Old 17-07-2021, 10:31   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Seems that many of those who end up hospitalized because of COVID will have lots to talk about. If they aren't intubated.

For Pete's sake, read the facts. Very few people get any affect at all from the "virus". Those that do are very rarely hospitalized. Those that are hospitalized are rarely there for any length of time. Those that are seriously ill from covid, most often have serious other co-morbidities. Those that die almost exclusively have several co-morbidities. In other words, if you are an average somewhat healthy person, you will not even know that you had it. IT IS NOT THE PLAGUE. IT IS NOT EVEN AIDS. IT'S A FLU. IT IS NOT 1918. Take some vitamin C once in a while. Don't be fat. Don't smoke.

Funniest thing I keep seeing is people wearing masks outside, or driving....unreal stupidity. I saw a jack ass riding a bike in Tahiti with a mask on. I laughed out loud! He's riding a bike down the road in Tahiti, where there is no shoulder, crazy drivers everywhere, with banged up cars, and he's worried about some phantom virus killing him...hahahahaha.
Old 17-07-2021, 10:32   #41

Boat: Formosa 30 ketch

I couldn't get my prostatectomy in a timely manner because the hospitals were full of covid cases. Hopefully it hadn't gotten into my bones, but surgery 6 months earlier and the results would have been much more certain.
And hell yes I got my jab!!
Old 17-07-2021, 10:34   #42

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
A little 'Ray of Sunshine' for those amongst us who resisted the 'Righteous' and continued smoking..

Nicotine may inhibit the penetration and spread of the virus and have a prophylactic effect in COVID-19 infection.

Note my lack of bias.. I highlighted the 'May' which also exists in the Vaccine blurb..

I'm waiting for the studies that show that beer may do the same. Then I'll feel really safe
Old 17-07-2021, 10:42   #43

Boat: 1979 Mariner Ketch 32-Hull 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Well. Nice to see that the COVID holy wars have a new CF home.
Well, not nice but curious.
You'd think people have enough to worry about.

Some like doom and gloom, when they are not in much control of their own existence.
Spreading misinformation is a mental disconnect.
Serves 1 purpose...to spread chaos.

Ignore this thread, it's just a button away.
SV Cloud Duster
Old 17-07-2021, 10:44   #44

Boat: Coast 34 Sail

Sad to say that here in Baja California Sur Cabo San Lucas and La Paz each have over flow beds in the parking lot and here in Loreto the hospital is full. Hope that more of the unwanted vaccines up North make it down this way.
Old 17-07-2021, 10:46   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allied39 View Post
... any form of dissent is simply abhorrent and not to be tolerated.
It is amazing how fast that happened in our society, isn't it? The notion that freedom of speech was a good idea and policy, was never controversial in the first sixty years of my life. Current developments in that area are pretty disturbing.

And, for the record, 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not a how-to manual.