Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2021, 11:43   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Long COVID in Children

Long COVID and kids: the race for answers ~ by Dyani Lewis

Several studies have reported signs of lasting symptoms that could be characterized as ‘long COVID’ in children — even though they rarely have severe initial symptoms of COVID-19. But estimates of how common long COVID is in children vary wildly. Part of the problem is that long COVID itself is still poorly understood and vaguely defined. And it’s hard to tease apart the effects of the infection from other factors, such as pandemic-related stress. Researchers say that the answers are crucial, because decisions about school closures and vaccine roll-outs can hinge on the risk that the virus poses to children.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01935-7
See also, the References, for 6 more papers and preprints

“Preliminary evidence on long COVID in children” ~ by Danilo Buonsenso et al
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/apa.15870

Old 16-07-2021, 12:25   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Long COVID in Children

COVID deaths very rare among children

Data from England suggests that COVID-19 carries a lower risk of dying or requiring intensive care among children and young people than was previously thought. The disease caused 25 deaths in under-18s in the country between March 2020 and February 2021. About half of those were in children with an underlying complex disability with high health-care needs, such as tube feeding or assistance with breathing. The research did not look at less-severe illness or debilitating ‘long COVID’ symptoms. “The low rate of severe acute disease is important news, but this does not have to mean that COVID does not matter to children,” says paediatrician Danilo Buonsenso. “Please, let’s keep attention — as much as is feasible — on immunization.”
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01897-w

“Risk factors for intensive care admission and death amongst children and young people admitted to hospital with COVID-19 and PIMS-TS in England during the first pandemic year” ~ by J L Ward, R Harwood et al
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....01.21259785v1

Old 18-07-2021, 05:39   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Amid the spread of the coronavirus, an estimated 9 million more children than expected didn’t get a first dose of the measles vaccine in 2020, researchers report July 14 in a modeling study in the Lancet. [1] Another 8.5 million children are projected to have missed a third dose of the DTP shot for diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis, or whooping cough.

The World Health Organization and other public health agencies warned last year that the COVID-19 pandemic would disrupt routine childhood vaccinations. [2 a & b]
Those missing vaccinations could put vulnerable children at risk during outbreaks of highly contagious diseases, like the 2014 measles outbreak at Disneyland in California. [3]

The news also comes as health officials in Tennessee plan to halt all outreach to get adolescents vaccinated to prevent not only COVID-19 but also other infectious diseases. [4]

[1] “Estimating global and regional disruptions to routine childhood vaccine coverage during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020: a modelling study”~ by Kate Causey, MPH et al
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...337-4/fulltext

[2a] “WHO and UNICEF warn of a decline in vaccinations during COVID-19"
https://www.who.int/news/item/15-07-...uring-covid-19

[2b] “Reported cases of vaccine-preventable diseases (VPDs) globally”
https://immunizationdata.who.int/

[3]
“Measles has come back with a vengeance in the last several years”
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...utbreaks-covid

[4] “Tennessee abandons vaccine outreach to minors — not just for COVID-19"
https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...19/7928701002/

Old 18-07-2021, 07:09   #4

Boat: Boatless

I am a retired pediatric intensive care physician, last night in Miami, I had dinner with a pediatric emergency room physician. She told me that on every shift they see multiple children with Covid19.

I would like one of the covidiots who claim a constitutional right not to get vaccinated to explain why they think they have a right to endanger innocent children!

"Remember, experience only means that you screw-up less often."
Old 18-07-2021, 07:34   #5

LOL!!!
Another one.....too funny. One closes one opens.

Ok, get to it!
Old 18-07-2021, 07:37   #6

Boat: Hunnter Legend 37.5

Moondancer,

I hear you. I am an adult intensivist, and can't understand the lack of willingness for vaccination against Covid. Data is quoted often until a close friend, family member or child gets sick or dies.
Old 18-07-2021, 08:27   #7
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i am proficient in medical lingo as an rn with over 30 yrs in icu er and pacu and specialty units... i see the sheep pushed by fear. i see the children forced to wear masks endangering their health. i see people wearing masks out in freh air with no one near them. fear is visible.
i see sheeple pushing harder for this untested experimental not avaccine jab. i see folks dissing those with intelligence who want to wait to see who dies off before becoming a guinea pig. and i see folks like moondancer bad mouthing incorrectly those refusing the questionable jab that seems to have minimal effect on the prevention of this manmade viral weapon.
for the record--unjabbed folks donot pose more of a risk to kids than do jabbed people. stop your disinformative spew.
just because someone is not jabbed doesnot mean they are spreading illness. you must have the virus to spread it. jabbed people also come down with covid. open your fascist eyes to this fact. yes fascist.
people are free to accept or refuse this issue. there are treatments which are effective and politicized to prevent use thus killing more than any unjabbed soul will affect. and who can tellme how many hundreds of thousands of people died because these cheap effective treatments are banned from use.
\thankfully i am within an area in which itis easy to buy and stock those effective politicized treatments.
i pity each and all of you sheep and your sheep mentality. you are the virus that will kill yourselves and others. thankfully no unjabbed souls will suffer your disease. same as no jabbed souls are safe from covid. viruses mutate. remember that. and jabs are specific to one form only of the virus..is why there is no cure for common cold or hiv or many other mutating viruses for which there are no jabs. remember the jabs that actually ended virus were made for viruses that donot mutate. polio etc are prevented by vaccines which actually worked.. real vaccines, not this jab of unknown issue, so your argument is moot.
there is still much unknown regarding this bioweapon we were inflicted with. there are
no absolutes other than herd immunity happens and jabs ar questionable. untested. there is no guarantee in life.. why buy a fake guarantee by accepting an experimental jab. ther eis no one who knows what this jab will do to you or your offspring or your momma..there is no 20 yr study to see if your kids will still be ablet o reproduce..remember it is a gates mandate and his bs has proven more harmful than good. the man hasnt a md nor any degree. and you trust that? wow.. and faux y the liar with conflicted interests has flipflopped his way into infamy. no two times does he open mouth and say same thing. and you trust that. impressive. i feel sorry for you who havent the intelligence to research before sheepling into the line for the boxcar/jab/death house.
as for schools opening--why are you in such a rush to see your children brownshirted into little machines without knowledge or awareness of anything the teacher/govt deems unnecessary, such as history or thinking for self....home schooling, and other better methods of learning are available to those not too lazy or too busy working for the payment of taxes to bother with kiddos schooling yet whine about unjabbed kids.. and jabbing kids is awesome-- no one knows what happens 20 yrs after receiving these jabs..no one..untested means untested and you allow nay push your offspring into these jabs sessions.. wow only you can prevent damage to your own kids.
no i have no advice for you parents with kids facing uncertainty in their future due to these specific jabs. they are not vaccines..have you read th e definition of vaccine? have you read theingredients in these jabs? have you received informed consent papers to sign and read??? hell to the no you havenot , as thereis no such thing with this jab. is a full unknown. yes there ar elists of ingredients bu t one must possess a beautiful independently thinking brain to know to read them. have you???? bet not.
so all you were taught to not accept strange things from strangers yet you rush to be first in line for an unknown worse than lsd or fentanyl or ecstasy. amazing. all hail the power of the lying press. and you trust your government?? government isnot for the people--itis for government. and you trust the lying press--press is only a tool for lying govt. and supposedly intelligent--but not free thinking souls.. your brains have not been exercised in this case whatsoever, therefore are useless. you blindly take the mandates of anti humanity bureaucracies over actual physicians and medical staffs.
so. what does your govt and the bureaucracies say about your liver disease or your backache or your broken knee or your other health issues.... oh. you dont trust the govt or bureaucracies to properly treat your illnesses??? but you allow govt to mandate you receive an untested unknown jab for a bioweapon they allowed to be released onto the planet.. but you are so anti fossil fuels.. and you are so anti small lil petty issues, but not anti wtf is jabbed into your bodies by folks craving depopulation and complete control of our planet?? impressive.
Old 18-07-2021, 08:29   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Moondancer View Post
I am a retired pediatric intensive care physician, last night in Miami, I had dinner with a pediatric emergency room physician. She told me that on every shift they see multiple children with Covid19.

I would like one of the covidiots who claim a constitutional right not to get vaccinated to explain why they think they have a right to endanger innocent children!
Well said !! , I work for our NHS and as an electrician I've had to go into covid red zones ,I've seen this covid at first hand , anyone who is an anti vaxer probably believes that the Loch Ness monster is real
Old 18-07-2021, 08:31   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i am proficient in medical lingo as an rn with over 30 yrs in icu er and pacu and specialty units... i see the sheep pushed by fear. i see the children forced to wear masks endangering their health. i see people wearing masks out in freh air with no one near them. fear is visible.
i see sheeple pushing harder for this untested experimental not avaccine jab. i see folks dissing those with intelligence who want to wait to see who dies off before becoming a guinea pig. and i see folks like moondancer bad mouthing incorrectly those refusing the questionable jab that seems to have minimal effect on the prevention of this manmade viral weapon.
for the record--unjabbed folks donot pose more of a risk to kids than do jabbed people. stop your disinformative spew.
jus tbecause someone is notj abbed doesnot mean they are spreading illness. you must have the virus to spread it. jabbedp eople also come down with covid. open your fascist eyes to this fact. yes fascist.
people are free to accept or refuse this issue. there are treatments which are effefctive and politicized to prevent use thus killing more than any unjabbed soul will affect.
\thankfully i am within an area in which itis easy to buy and stock those effective politicized treatments.
i pity each and all of you sheep and your sheep mentality. you are the virus that will kill yourselves and others. thankfully no unjabbed souls will suffer your disease. same as no jabbed souls are safe from covid. viruses mutate. remember that. and jabs are specific to one form only of the virus..is why there is no cure for common cold or many other mutating viruses for which there are no jabs. remember the jabs tha tactually ended virus were made for viruses that donot mutate. polio etc are prevented by vaccines which actually worked.. real vaccines, not this jab of unknown issue, so your argument is moot.
there is still much unknown regarding this bioweapon we were inflicted with. there are
no absolutes other than herd immunity happens and jabs ar questionable. untested. there is no guarantee in life.. why buy a fake guarantee by accepting an experimental jab. ther eis no one who knows what this jab will do to you or your offspring or your momma..there is no 20 yr study to see if your kids will still be ablet o reproduce..remember it is a gates mandate and his bs has proven more harmful than good. the man hasnt a md nor any degree. and you trust that? wow.. and faux y the liar with conflicted interests has flipflopped his way into infamy. no two times does he open mouth and say same thing. and you trust that. impressive. i feel sorry for you who havent the intelligence to research before sheepling into the line for the boxcar/jab/death house.
as for schools opening--why ar eyoyu in such a rush to see your children brownshirted into little machines without knowledgeor awareness of anything the teacher deems unnecessary, such as history or thinking for self....home schooling, and other better methods of learning are available to those not too lazy or too busy working for the payment of taxes to bother with kiddos schooling yet whine about unjabbed kids.. and jabbing kids is awesome-- no one knows what happens 20 yrs after receiving these jabs..no one..untested means untested and you allow nay push your offspring into these jabs sessions.. wow only you can prevent damage to your own kids.
no i have no advice for you parents with kids facing uncertainty in their future due to these specific jabs. they are not vaccines..have you read th e definition of vaccine? have you read theingredients in these jabs? have you received informed consent papers to sign and read??? hell to the no you havenot , as thereis no such thing with this jab. is a full unknown. yes there ar elists of ingredients bu t one must possess a beautiful independentlyu thinking brain to know to read them. have you???? bet not.
so all you were taught to not accept strange things from strangers yet you rush to be first in line for an unknown worse than lsd or excstasy. amazing. all hail th epower of th e lying press. and you trust your government?? government isnot for the people--itis for government. and you trust the lying press--press is only a tool for lying govt. and supposedly intelligent--but not free thinking souls.. your brains have not been exercised in this case whatsoever, therefore are useless. you blindly take the mandates of anti humanity bureaucracies over actual physicians and medical staffs.
so. what does your govt and the bureaucracies say about your liver disease or your backache or your broken knee or your other health issues.... oh. you dont trust the govt or bureaucracies to properly treat your illnesses??? but you allow govt to mandate you receive an untested unknown jab f or a bioweapon they allowed to be released onto the planet.. but you are so anti fossil fuels.. and you are so anti small lil petty issues, but not anti wtf is jabbed into your bodies by folks craving depopulation and complete control of our planet?? impressive.

Oh, well said. Cant say it was worth your time to type all that, the "click" will be on you......but well said.
Old 18-07-2021, 08:55   #10
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Long COVID in Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allied39 View Post
LOL!!!
Another one.....too funny. One closes one opens.

Ok, get to it!
Gotta keep the Fear alive..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
Old 18-07-2021, 09:19   #11

Boat: Nauticat 33

Quote:
just because someone is not jabbed doesnot mean they are spreading illness. you must have the virus to spread it. jabbed people also come down with covid. open your fascist eyes to this fact. yes fascist.
people are free to accept or refuse this issue. there are treatments which are effective and politicized to prevent use thus killing more than any unjabbed soul will affect. and who can tellme how many hundreds of thousands of people died because these cheap effective treatments are banned from use.
i pity each and all of you sheep and your sheep mentality. you are the virus that will kill yourselves and others. thankfully no unjabbed souls will suffer your disease. same as no jabbed souls are safe from covid. viruses mutate. remember that. and jabs are specific to one form only of the virus..is why there is no cure for common cold or hiv or many other mutating viruses for which there are no jabs. remember the jabs that actually ended virus were made for viruses that donot mutate. polio etc are prevented by vaccines which actually worked.. real vaccines, not this jab of unknown issue, so your argument is moot.
as for schools opening--why are you in such a rush to see your children brownshirted into little machines without knowledge or awareness of anything the teacher/govt deems unnecessary, such as history or thinking for self....home schooling, and other better methods of learning are available to those not too lazy or too busy working for the payment of taxes to bother with kiddos schooling yet whine about unjabbed kids.. and jabbing kids is awesome-- no one knows what happens 20 yrs after receiving these jabs..no one..untested means untested and you allow nay push your offspring into these jabs sessions.. wow only you can prevent damage to your own kids.
no i have no advice for you parents with kids facing uncertainty in their future due to these specific jabs. they are not vaccines..have you read th e definition of vaccine? have you read theingredients in these jabs? have you received informed consent papers to sign and read??? hell to the no you havenot , as thereis no such thing with this jab. is a full unknown. yes there ar elists of ingredients bu t one must possess a beautiful independently thinking brain to know to read them. have you???? bet not.
so all you were taught to not accept strange things from strangers yet you rush to be first in line for an unknown worse than lsd or fentanyl or ecstasy. amazing. all hail the power of the lying press. and you trust your government?? government isnot for the people--itis for government. and you trust the lying press--press is only a tool for lying govt. and supposedly intelligent--but not free thinking souls.. your brains have not been exercised in this case whatsoever, therefore are useless. you blindly take the mandates of anti humanity bureaucracies over actual physicians and medical staffs.
so. what does your govt and the bureaucracies say about your liver disease or your backache or your broken knee or your other health issues.... oh. you dont trust the govt or bureaucracies to properly treat your illnesses??? but you allow govt to mandate you receive an untested unknown jab for a bioweapon they allowed to be released onto the planet.. but you are so anti fossil fuels.. and you are so anti small lil petty issues, but not anti wtf is jabbed into your bodies by folks craving depopulation and complete control of our planet?? impressive.
You are for nurses what Ben Carson is for brain surgeons.
Old 18-07-2021, 09:28   #12

Boat: 2000 Catalina 470 #058

Quote:
gibberish and use of way too many words. That is what the typical naysayer does when they don't have any factual statements to make.
Old 18-07-2021, 09:33   #13
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
gibberish and use of way too many words. That is what the typical naysayer does when they don't have any factual statements to make.
marxist is as marxist does..you answer as does typical marxist.. cannot be bothered to read. one can read and learn or one can ignore and remain a sheep. all for common good. achtung. speaking offactual statements--you havent any so how woul dyou know what they look like... years of experience means something to most folks. apparently not to you. go seek medical attention from your government or world health org bureaucracy, not from medical personnel. and yes i have seen patients with covid and yes some died some recovered. what exatly is your point, or are you merely a denigrator of what you cannot know.
Old 18-07-2021, 09:57   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofc View Post
You are for nurses what Ben Carson is for brain surgeons.
Oooh, nice one. Do you hate Ben Carson because his beliefs do not align with yours or is it the color of his skin......or both?

Not casting aspersions....just asking. I do not know you, have never met you, so I would never attack your morality or integrity, what kind of person would do that?
Old 18-07-2021, 10:12   #15

A “30 year RN” with experience in “medical lingo” who can’t use basic punctuation or assemble a single coherent thought.

Sounds legit, let’s rally behind this guy.

Tags
children