Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2020, 19:45   #1

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
I flew yesterday

And the day before that, too. My nephew just completed his studies and will be a doctor on the day of his (non) graduation which is May 29. He lives with me near Seattle and his 3 year residency will be in Charleston, West Virginia. He likes the program there so he's pretty happy.
Anyway, he has 3 dogs and 3 cats, the dogs drove across with him but he decided to come back and fly the cats because they are not happy travelers. He drafted myself and my sis (his mom) to aid in cat transport because you are only allowed 1 animal per person on the plane. Monday we left here with the cats all in their personal carriers and Tuesday came back without the cats. The cats for the most part were pretty good and we just put the carriers under the seat but what I wanted to comment on was the new rules for flying here in the US.

Everyone has to wear a face mask on the plane, crew too. You can take it off to eat and drink. If you don't have one they will give you one.

All of my flights which included a layover in Charlotte were about 2/3 full. I'm not sure if the airline plans it that way but it worked out pretty well because most of the center seats were empty. The flight attendants shuffled people around voluntarily to keep good spacing.

No meals or alcohol served on the plane. They had beverages and snacks though. I was scrambling in Charlotte to get a meal in the airport between flights but that worked out ok. The airport bars were closed but some of the takeout places had beer and wine. You might have to chug that baby because you can't take it on the plane.

You don't have to wear a mask in the airport so some were and some weren't. I wore mine if it was busy. I noticed more than one oriental lady in full hazmat gear which was interesting.

We flew American Airlines btw.

You know how you always see nuns in the movies especially in action scenes? Just last week I was joking that I never see nuns ever but I saw one in the airport eating right behind me so I guess that filled my nun quota for the decade.