Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-05-2020, 19:29   #1

How to make a purchase under covid-19

My wife an I are looking to purchase a sailboat to live aboard, but are wondering if it's even possible during the covid-19 lock down of most states. How does one get to view the boat or be present for the inspection and sea trial? Are there any surveyors working while this this is happening? If the boat needs work, are the shipyards able to do any work? We are in the pacific northwest (Portland), and are looking at boats from California to Vancouver BC. Any help/insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
daVincis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 19:58   #2

How to make a purchase under covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by daVincis View Post
My wife an I are looking to purchase a sailboat to live aboard, but are wondering if it's even possible during the covid-19 lock down of most states. How does one get to view the boat or be present for the inspection and sea trial? Are there any surveyors working while this this is happening? If the boat needs work, are the shipyards able to do any work? We are in the pacific northwest (Portland), and are looking at boats from California to Vancouver BC. Any help/insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Iíve seen nothing in Florida or Georgia which would limit any active relating to the sell/purchase of a vessel. Itís simply a non-issue.

Weíre currently in the process of buying a boat. Survey next week. Business as usual.
apirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase