Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2020, 14:03   #61

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran
Re: How SARS-CoV-2 spreads: new science

A friend of mine lost both his parents to it.

My brother runs the medical side of a hospital.
Plenty of stories of folks dieing or suffering from longterm after effects...
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsfforsberg View Post
My point is that I don't "know" anyone personally. I have heard of people dying of all sorts of things, just no covid.
Old 28-12-2020, 14:43   #62

Boat: Bavara 37/Soling 27

Quote:
The very young, or young period are pretty much not affected. It is certainly the older population that is affected.
Honestly, Lars

If we met on a dock, and you said

Ned, I had this illness everyone's talking about but it wasn't so bad

And I said

Well, Lars, It killed my otherwise healthy aunt, and she died alone in agony with a tube in her chest

You probably wouldn't look me in the eye and respond It's certainly the older population that's affected.

I started this thread to share information about how SARS-CoV-2 spreads, for those who are interested in protecting themselves and loved ones.

In response, people have come on to tell me it's not that bad and what's the big deal. And old Lars here, making his point twice, doesn't feel the need to express human sympathy.

I guess that's why we have an out-of-control pandemic that's killing thousands of people a day who didn't have to die. It's an abstract nuisance, which you can callously shrug off until it comes into your home.
Old 28-12-2020, 16:55   #63

Boat: Alajuela 33

Quote:
The very young, or young period are pretty much not affected. It is certainly the older population that is affected.

Do you know anyone personally that was killed in battle?

If you don’t, does that mean that there are no consequences to wars?

If you do, chances are they were in their 20’s or at least what most here would consider “young”.
Do you think it OK for the heads of state (who are generally “older”) to send them off to war without thought of consequences so long as they didn’t know any off them “personally”?

I do personally know people who have had covid. (some who have it currently)
I did personally know someone who died of covid.
I am astounded by people who feel that, because they consider themselves at low risk to serious consequences, they don’t need to consider how their actions can directly lead to dire consequences for others in their community especially if they don’t personally know them.

You say you had covid. Were you aware of having it before you displayed symptoms? Were you social distancing and properly wearing masks if unable to.
If not, how long did you have symptoms before you were diagnosed with it being covid?
I certainly hope you quarantined yourself when you were aware of having it until such time as you were proven to no longer be contagious, yes?
Is it possible that you may have inadvertently passed it along to someone else, (perhaps an “older” person) even someone you don’t personally know, who may have had, and/or had contact with someone, who did have dire consequences?

Try to realize that you are not the center of the universe and that as long as you participate in society, your actions will have an affect on others in that society; both young AND old.

Tags
enc