Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2022, 02:34   #1

Grenada restrictions for unvaccinated?

Hi everyone.....
My husband and I will be travelling to Grenada from South Africa to pick up our boat in March which is being skippered across from Cape Town.
We are relatively new to boating and have decided to spend a few months cruising around the Carribean. However, I am a little concerned about the entry requirements for Grenada. I am unvaccinated as I had Covid 6 weeks ago (natural immunity) but my husband is vaccinated. Does anyone know whether I would have to quarantine upon arrival and if so, would I need to go into a government authorized hotel or would I be able to quarantine on our boat?
Many thanks in advance.
Old 15-01-2022, 03:15   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Re: Grenada restrictions for unvaccinated?

Suggest you Google the question. It will give you a link to the Grenadian health website. I just was there (vax’d) and needed a PCR to arrive, had a second test on arrival.

As a delivery guy, asking entry questions on forums is a recipe for problems. Hard to say “Jimbo on CF said it was okay” vs “The Gov website stated.”

Enjoy Grenada, be sure to provision put Baron’s hot sauce on the provisioning list.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Old 15-01-2022, 03:48   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Patlan.

Unvaccinated travellers [GRENADIAN CITIZENS OR RESIDENTS], to Grenada, are required to have a confirmed reservation at an approved accommodation for quarantine. ➥ https://covid19.gov.gd/
https://covid19.gov.gd/travel-covid/

Old 17-01-2022, 00:54   #4

Thank you for the advice. Apart from Baron's hot sauce.... is there a shortage of anything food and drink wise in the Carribean that I should know about? I have heard that butter is in short supply and wine is very expensive. Is this true? Kind regards
Old 18-01-2022, 05:13   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patlan View Post
Thank you for the advice. Apart from Baron's hot sauce.... is there a shortage of anything food and drink wise in the Carribean that I should know about? I have heard that butter is in short supply and wine is very expensive. Is this true? Kind regards

I sent my mates shopping with a list while I sorted out port clearance. They had no issues. Can’t speak to the price of alcohol.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Old 18-01-2022, 06:10   #6

Boat: Hylas 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patlan View Post

No, it's not true. At least not in the Virgins.

Get yourself vaxxed is my advice. Some Caribbean countries won't let non-vaxxed travelers in without major hassle and long quarantines. Why limit yourself?

Tags
Grenada