Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-08-2021, 08:55   #76

Re: For gods sake - Get vaccinated

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i intelligently refuse the jab which is NOT a vaccine, for reasons involving the ingredients.. i prefer not to receive graphene into my body and i do have the treatments at hand and easily accessed, unlike you in usa who are pharmacologically impaired.
when a substance contained in a jab is a substance which is a pure poison, why suffer the idiocy of receiving it. i am not a sheep. i am not a guinea pig and my body is still my own. i present no threat to anyone as i have tested negative and will continue to test negative when needed.
i am watching so many sheeple run to receive a poison jab and they smile..
this is ridiculous..the virus has a 2 percent death rate. the jab has been proven to aid the spread of the virus. as that has been proven as a fact, i see no reason to join the cult of the superspreader.
there has not been a jab that actually worked effectively against a mutating virus..
and i have treatments that have been proven effective.
donot forget i have been rn er and icu and special units for many decades and i do know where to look for ingredients and effects.
bashing those of us intelligent enough to wait to see what happens to you sheeple is a most immature act based on ignorance.
meanwhile you sheeple are filling up on graphene without even realizing your longevity has been manipulated. more jabs, more graphene.

Your information and conclusions are not accurate, and I hope for your sake that you never catch COVID. Nonetheless, it's still your right to not get vaccinated. Good luck.
Old 25-08-2021, 08:56   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
You should calm down and check your statements before posting them. There are 20 states with a higher death rate than Florida (see first attachment for evidence) and the past day there were 28 states with more deaths (only 6 persons died in Florida, see second attachment for evidence).

All this while Florida is the retirement state filled with old people.
Florida might be a destination for retirees but median age is only #6. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_median_age
The data referenced as evidence is accumulated date since 1.5 years ago and does not reflect the number of cases in the current outbreak. Based on current daily new cases, Florida is #3 with 987 new cases/million after Mississippi (1,106) and Kentucky (1,035).
Old 25-08-2021, 08:56   #78

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

That Worldometer site link in post #6 on the first page which has caused some disagreement here is probably not a great source of accurate information.
https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/...virus-mystery/
Old 25-08-2021, 08:57   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Your information and conclusions are not accurate, and I hope for your sake that you never catch COVID. Nonetheless, it's still your right to not get vaccinated. Good luck.
This is true but spreading lies and misinformation on a lifesaving vaccine is NOT a right that anyone should have.
Old 25-08-2021, 08:59   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
I don't know what msm is so I'm not sure why I would or wouldn't believe them / it.
It stands for Main Street Media. It's a label coined by Rush Limbaugh to more easily let people know what sources not to believe when they disprove his nonsense.
Old 25-08-2021, 09:02   #81

Boat: Gemini 105Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappy View Post
Are you attempting to make some point here?
Um, there is a point, maybe you haven't been paying attention:

News stories from this morning 8/25/21:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...us/8235925002/

Vrabel added that he is currently in quarantine. Like all Titans coaches who work with players, he is fully vaccinated.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...preseason-game

Succop is fully vaccinated. When asked if there were any other close contacts that would need to be monitored, Arians replied, "No."
Old 25-08-2021, 09:03   #82

Boat: Outremer 50S

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickbarbary View Post
Nothing political, different medical info.
The study found vaccinated individuals carry 251 times the load of COVID-19 viruses in their nostrils compared to the unvaccinated.
While moderating the symptoms of infection, the jab allows vaccinated individuals to carry unusually high viral loads without becoming ill at first, potentially transforming them into presymptomatic superspreaders. No need for preachers on this site.
Maybe read the abstract or the paper rather than the Tweets? It says nothing of the sort.

What it says:

Quote:
[Abstract]Viral loads of breakthrough Delta variant infection cases were 251 times higher than those of cases infected with old strains detected between March-April 2020.

[Paper]We found viral loads of breakthrough Delta variant infection cases peaked around 2-3 days before and after the development of symptoms, and were 251 times higher than those of the infected cases detected during the early phase of the pandemic in 2020.
Doesn't say anything about viral load of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated, only that the viral load of Delta variant infections is much, much greater than earlier variant infections. Yes, the earlier infections are presumably unvaccinated people (given the dates) but they were infected with a different disease. There are numerous studies that show that Delta variant viral loads are significantly higher than previous variants in all populations.

Maybe this other piece of information in the study would also be of interest:

Quote:
69 healthcare workers were tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 [after full vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine, and all with Delta variant]... All recovered uneventfully
If you're going to cherry-pick snippets, why not cherry-pick that one?
Old 25-08-2021, 09:04   #83

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
That Worldometer site link in post #6 on the first page which has caused some disagreement here is probably not a great source of accurate information.
https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/...virus-mystery/
"Our world in data" is a better source:
https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...AN~DEU~ITA~IND
Old 25-08-2021, 09:04   #84

There is no god to sake, nor is this something anyone asked an opinion on a sailing forum. If people dont want to take the vaccine its for their own personal choice and their personal doctor. Forcing it on people is a horrible moral position to stand behind. Shaming is a step behind it..There are plenty of reasons to be cautios, of the virus *AND* the mrna treatments which do nothing to stop it spreading to people. The only thing we know for sure is that they help prevent death of those infected, which very much makes it a personal choice.
Old 25-08-2021, 09:05   #85

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijd View Post
I have a responsibility to my family, and those who rely on me for support. Because of that, I have carefully looked at the risks of my possibly getting Covid, and the likely consequences. I accept there is a theoretical risk and an event horizon of consequences, overwhelmingly tilted to "little or none". On the other hand, there are finite non-zero risks associated with the various shots. Until the risks of the virus, to me, outweigh the risks of the treatment, I'm not taking it. There's nothing political, or antivaxx or raving...just math.
I guess you failed math class . Your risk from Covid-19 is magnitudes greater than your risk of a negative outcome from any of the vaccines.

But you do illustrate an unfortunate fact; most of us are poor statisticians. Our brains are not evolutionarily predisposed to the kind of broad based risk assessment required here. We're great at assessing immediate risk, but most of us struggle with statistical risk.
Old 25-08-2021, 09:06   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijd View Post
I have a responsibility to my family, and those who rely on me for support. Because of that, I have carefully looked at the risks of my possibly getting Covid, and the likely consequences. I accept there is a theoretical risk and an event horizon of consequences, overwhelmingly tilted to "little or none". On the other hand, there are finite non-zero risks associated with the various shots. Until the risks of the virus, to me, outweigh the risks of the treatment, I'm not taking it. There's nothing political, or antivaxx or raving...just math.
It's of course important to carefully consider any medical intervention, and weigh all the benefits and drawbacks on you and those depending on you. But I think you've goofed up on the math part. If you show us your numbers, maybe we can straighten you out.

[on preview, what Mike said]
Old 25-08-2021, 09:07   #87
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

It's choice to get vaxxed or not.
If un-vaxxed, I will avoid you (my choice).
If your business hires un-vaxxed I will not buy from you (my choice).
If a business hires only the vaxxed (their choice) I will support them.
Old 25-08-2021, 09:07   #88

Boat: Tartan 33

I guess everybody does what he wants to do. Vaccine or not.

Having said that we should start looking at what do we do with people not vaccinated filling ICU and taking all the available places.

On one island in France, a doctor was explaining he had to make a choice to accept in the ICU a 55-year-old vaccinated (with no COVID symptoms - so it was for another reason) with a no-vaccinated 35-year-old woman pregnant with COVID. When ICU starts to fill that is the type of triage doctors will have to do. And that is not a fair situation for the doctors and vaccinated patients that can't access ICU.

My conclusion is that if it is a public health matter, the vaccine should be mandatory as we do with others vaccines.
Old 25-08-2021, 09:08   #89
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Molenmaker Dutch steel gaff-rigged ketch

Is Invermectin approved as a COVID treatment? True antivaxxers have no clue what Invermectin is yet seem to think it's a better choice. So much for the "approval" excuse --- on to the next excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
If you believe COVID is just a big conspiracy and choose not to get vaccinated then please dont take up ICU space if you get sick from COVID. Afterall, "they" might implant a microchip in you while unconcious in ICU.
Old 25-08-2021, 09:09   #90

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i intelligently refuse the jab which is NOT a vaccine, for reasons involving the ingredients.. i prefer not to receive graphene into my body and i do have the treatments at hand and easily accessed, unlike you in usa who are pharmacologically impaired.
when a substance contained in a jab is a substance which is a pure poison, why suffer the idiocy of receiving it. i am not a sheep. i am not a guinea pig and my body is still my own. i present no threat to anyone as i have tested negative and will continue to test negative when needed.
i am watching so many sheeple run to receive a poison jab and they smile..
this is ridiculous..the virus has a 2 percent death rate. the jab has been proven to aid the spread of the virus. as that has been proven as a fact, i see no reason to join the cult of the superspreader.
there has not been a jab that actually worked effectively against a mutating virus..
and i have treatments that have been proven effective.
donot forget i have been rn er and icu and special units for many decades and i do know where to look for ingredients and effects.
bashing those of us intelligent enough to wait to see what happens to you sheeple is a most immature act based on ignorance.
meanwhile you sheeple are filling up on graphene without even realizing your longevity has been manipulated. more jabs, more graphene.

Nitrogen, oxygen, water, CO2, copper, trace compounds are also all toxic.

It depends on the toxicity limits. Many overtly toxic materials are in our foods and general environment but we tolerate them and in some cases we require them.

Your argument holds no water. The metrics of who survives Covid and the variants is clear. You are magnitudes of ten more likely to to survive or be asympomatic with the vaccine. The possible medical proven side effects are so far in the background as to be laughable as well as possibly caused by other factors and pre existing conditions. The facts are that most deaths and victims on ventilators are unvaccinated people. The places that have been slow or irresponsible to vaccinate are going to get slammed as the eventuality of variants rips through their societies.